Radiation Oncology Resource

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fettucine

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, this seems like a very useful site to "expand" our knowledge base, I think it should be on the ARRO resident resource page. Based on some discussion earlier about useful resources for pgy2. Let me know what you guys think (got the link from my chief).

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Radiation_Oncology

-f8

Members don't see this ad.

um, that's a pretty awesome resource, at least for us junior residents. can't believe no one has mentioned it before.
-s

I know, after looking through all the resources especially prostate and H&N I am regretting buying that resident book ($60) steph suggested from med physics last week.:oops:

-f8

Members don't see this ad :)
actualy, i never recommended any book- i just said i had heard about it. i just sw it for the first time myself last week. I think the roach book is superior.
I know, after looking through all the resources especially prostate and H&N I am regretting buying that resident book ($60) steph suggested from med physics last week.:oops:

-f8

the wiki book is a very useful BEGINNERS site. but keep in mind there is no rigorous editorial editing and quality control, and it shouldn't be used for in-depth knowledge.

actualy, i never recommended any book- i just said i had heard about it. i just sw it for the first time myself last week. I think the roach book is superior.

They actually sold out the the Roach/Hansen Handbook at ASTRO this year @ the Springer booth and had to re-stock after a couple of days. Apparently a deal has been struck to come out with new editions every few years.