Radiation Oncology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateKiss

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which schools have the best radiation oncology departments? I read that radiation oncology training is extremely variable because different hospitals have highly variable equipment. If you know where I can find more information about the strength of rad onc programs, please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center has a radiation oncology program. You should definitely look into it, because MSKCC is a premier cancer center.

Members don't see this ad :)
pizan0 said:
I believe that Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center has a radiation oncology program. You should definitely look into it, because MSKCC is a premier cancer center.
Yeah, pretty much the top cancer hospitals seem to have the top rad. oncology programs - MSKCC and MDACC in particular.

Why is Rad Onc one of the most competitive specialties to get into?

anon-y-mouse said:
Why is Rad Onc one of the most competitive specialties to get into?

good pay, (potential for) good hours, close patient relationships, interesting technology, lots of research opportunities, work with all ages, truly save lives or atleast increase quality of remaining life

these topics are addressed on multiple threads. kindly check link and faq. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.