Radio Silence since submitting in late july/early August: 3.97sGPA, 516MCAT looking to see my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lvl99Zapdos

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. cGPA: 3.98 sGPA: 3.97 (Neuroscience and Biology Double Major, Graduate this may)
2. MCAT: 516: (130/126/130/130)
3. State: OH
4. Ethnicity: White (ORM)

Institution: Normal State school

Clinical: 103 Hours in a Hospital Blood Cancer center

Research: 1880 Hours by the time I graduate in a sensory biology lab. 1 Co-author, and have received to competitive summer fellowships through my schools neuroscience and biology dept.

Shadowing: 96 hours in ortho, cardiology and other primary care areas.

Nonclinical Volunteering: 320 Hours with special needs youth in my area.

Other:
-General Chemistry TA: 525 Hours (incl. Projected)
-Worked at a shoe store for around 500 hours freshman year,
-Worked at a law firm mailroom for 700 hours sophomore summer and into winter break

Schools:
Albert Einstein
Boston U
Case
Drexel
Duke
Emory
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Indiana
USC (Cali)
Ohio state
Saint Louis
Toledo
Brown
Tufts
Uniformed services
UC
Umich
Wayne state
Wright state

Members don't see this ad.

You are very qualified.

Increase your clinical hours while you are waiting since it is at the lower end of hours.

Do you have good letters of reference ?

Hopefully you will receive some interviews soon.

Maybe add a few more schools in neighboring states, michigan, pennsylvania and west virginia. Why didnt you apply to northeast ohio medical school ?

Reactions: 1 user
Add a few more schools in the coming week such as:
NEOMED
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
West Virginia
Temple
Jefferson
Medical College Wisconsin

Members don't see this ad :)
You are very qualified.

Increase your clinical hours while you are waiting since it is at the lower end of hours.

Do you have good letters of reference ?

Hopefully you will receive some interviews soon.

Maybe add a few more schools in neighboring states, michigan, pennsylvania and west virginia. Why didnt you apply to northeast ohio medical school ?
Yes I think I have good LOR's. But also I didn't see them beforehand so it's hard to tell. Everyone said they could write me a positive letter though

Patience... someone should get to you. Add the other schools as suggested.
Okay, I will add some of those schools. I can't afford all of them but I will add some. Definitely will add NEOMED since it is IS.