Radiology fellowships the nontradional way

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hshaikh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear everyone,
I am an international medical graduate with 12 years of extensive experience in the radiology field in my home country. I have talked with many people since immigrating to this country and found that it is possible for me to become a part of a radiology fellowship without having to first go through residency. The only problem is that I do not know which programs would be IMG friendly in terms of my situation. Any ideas, advice, or suggestions?

sorry posted in wrong forum

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Hshaikh
As far as I know, 30%radiology fellowships posts usually go unfilled each year.. & it works on demand supply, more the demand more the chances of taking an IMG into the fellowship program without residency.
Personally I have 5-6 friends doing fellowships in IR, Body Imaging & pediatric Radiology who are IMG's and have not done residency in radiology in USA, but are certified in their country.
But there are also lots of problems with this route like Radiology boards, state medical licence, & LOTS OF PAPER WORK!!!!!!
so help urself if you are prepared for all that:thumbup: give me a PM I might be able to answer more of your questions!!!