Radiology journals

Started by Amxcvbcv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Amxcvbcv

Radiologist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My brother-in-law, a soon-to-be graduate of UT-Southwestern's MD/PhD program (way too many hyphens going on here), bought me a subscription to Journal Watch last Christmas. It's been pretty cool to have such a succinct digestion of material to read over when I'm tired of looking at Step 1 crap and just studying for regular MS2 classes.

It makes me curious, though, is there something similar out there for radiologists? For that matter, what are the good radiology journals?

I'm mostly just looking for something to look at to make sure this is the field I'd like to study for the rest of my life... also to make sure a radiology selective isn't just wasted time during 3rd year.


Edit: So I committed the cardinal message board sin - posting before searching. In an earlier thread some folks recommended Radiographics for a journal and Squires as good textbook. Anything else out there I could look for?
 
While radiographics is a great journal, you should realize it almost exclusively has educational review articles. It is an educational and CME journal, not a research journal. So, you won't find peer-reviewed articles on latest research in it.