Radiology LOR while applying for pediatrics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gooner97

Reaction score
I'm planning to apply for pediatrics residency, I have only 2 US LORs in pediatrics (from the same rotation) and another US LOR from a radiologist which is a strong LOR and the radiologist who wrote me the LOR even mentioned that i like pediatrics in the letter.
So i am asking will this LOR from a US radiologist help me to match in pediatrics or it's more or less of no value since it's not from a pediatrician?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anything about applying to peds, but I would guess that an FM letter would be helpful. Is that an option for you?

Reactions: 1 user
The most important thing in a letter of recommendation is that it is positive. So yes, it is fine to use this.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If he mentions pediatrics it's fine, it would only be an issue of them suspecting you were applying to peds as a backup if he didn't.

Not an issue and it's good to diversify letter writers as long as you have your specialty covered. Only thing I'm wondering is why the letter is considered strong, as most med students can't really do much in a rads rotation. Unless this was research or in another capacity.

Not an issue and it's good to diversify letter writers as long as you have your specialty covered. Only thing I'm wondering is why the letter is considered strong, as most med students can't really do much in a rads rotation. Unless this was research or in another cacapacity.
I have also worked with this particular doctor on one of his research projects when i was still in med school and he has been like a mentor to me for some time now. I did my best and tried to work with him as hard as i can and luckily he likes me and i guess sees potential in me

Thank you all so much for your replies and i am sorry i just saw them.

I have also worked with this particular doctor on one of his research projects when i was still in med school and he has been like a mentor to me for some time now. I did my best and tried to work with him as hard as i can and luckily he likes me and i guess sees potential in me
Yeah that’s good because they can talk about you in multiple different capacities and thus it makes a lot more sense for why they are writing the letter for peds.