Radiology Residency Application Cycle 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cbeieocneix

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I wanted to make this to forum so those who are applying for radiology residencies can keep each other updated.

This is my first time applying and I’m applying straight out of a rotating. I didn’t get invited for an interview at Colorado so 🥲. I think my GPA is really going to hurt me.
 
Last edited:
I'm following since I'll be applying for radiology next cycle. Applying for SA rotating this cycle. Love to know where you did your rotating and what you thought. Good luck to all.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I wanted to make this to forum so those who are applying for radiology residencies can keep each other updated.

This is my first time applying and I’m applying straight out of a rotating. I didn’t get invited for an interview at Colorado so 🥲. I think my 3.66 GPA is really going to hurt me.
If it makes you feel better I didn’t get CSU either! Also GPA is just a piece of your application!
 
Also following! I applied for an SA rotating internship this cycle with the intention of applying to a radiology residency next cycle! Good luck to everyone! 🙂
 
Has anyone heard the amount of application candidates there are at your respective school? I heard about 50 at my school. An interview I had mentioned around 40. I was wondering if these numbers are similar elsewhere?
 
Has anyone heard the amount of application candidates there are at your respective school? I heard about 50 at my school. An interview I had mentioned around 40. I was wondering if these numbers are similar elsewhere?

Wow, if that's true, those numbers are very low compared to years prior.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m having a hard time with ranking. Based off of interviews, would you prioritize the vibe with the faculty or the residents? One program I loved the faculty. The other program I loved the residents. Who do I choose?
 
I am a pathologist not a radiologist, but I would recommend prioritizing faculty in this instance because they are the ones in “power” over you on a daily basis. It is important/nice to get along with your residentmates and in a way they’re built-in friends, but often you’ll all be doing different things each week (I.e. some weeks you may be on clinics and they’re on research or study time or, at minimum, even if two of you are on service together you still have your own patients independently of each other such as someone on ultrasound and someone on rads. Being at a program with a faculty member you don’t jive with can be difficult (I’ve seen it, one of my residentmates quit mid-program) and there’s not a lot of recourse if they’re your direct supervisor. Plus, the resident group and dynamic WILL change every year as people come and go and you’re more likely going to have more consistent faculty (though they do obviously leave sometimes too). Plus, so much of job hunting is who you know and who your faculty know to introduce you to. Faculty are going to have more connections than coresidents.
 
Last edited: