Radiology rotation... keep falling asleep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted263296

Depending on how much the radiologists/residents are involving me in the readouts, I sometimes struggle very hard to stay awake. I hope this isn't a bad omen. (I also hope no one has seen me nodding) haha Well, I saw a resident falling asleep too at the workstation, so I felt a bit better. Too dark, too warm, chairs too comfortable...

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry. I liked playing goldeneye on n64 when I was younger. I found it pretty boring to watch my friends play it while sitting out a round...Its a little different when you are the one driving ...

Depending on how much the radiologists/residents are involving me in the readouts, I sometimes struggle very hard to stay awake. I hope this isn't a bad omen. (I also hope no one has seen me nodding) haha Well, I saw a resident falling asleep too at the workstation, so I felt a bit better. Too dark, too warm, chairs too comfortable...

I'm a new rads resident and even I fall asleep almost when I'm not actively reading studies. When I am reading/dictating, there's been no issues. Don't worry about it. Not actively doing something in a cool dark room is gonna kill you.

im on the same boat. on my 2nd mo. of rads electives and i am bored. although, i still find the whole field fascinating, i hate being ignored and not being taught. i think im gonna switch my 3rd mo. of elective to anesthesia or trauma surgery to learn something useful for intern yr.