• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

StevenRF

15+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
I did my undergrad in B.M.E., and I really enjoyed my classes in medical devices, programming, EE, ME, etc. Anyone else from a similar background that was drawn to rads? What else were you thinking? I'm exploring going into academic rads or MBA and work on device development. I'm only a MS1, but dealing with patients is already getting old. However, my experiences are limited to a family medicine preceptorship and those crappy fake patient actors who came to hollywood and couldn't hack it :barf: X1000.

Imaged Prostate

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey Hey Steve-O:

I'm with you. I received a physics degree, CS minor in undergrad and went on to med-school. I'm currently a third year planning on entering radiology. After one rotation in primary care where the most high tech piece of equipment in the office is a stick you pee on... (blue=protein, yellow=glucose, black=error, please pee on more sticks) I've decided radiology is the place to be. I also considered cards and neurosurgery, but for lifestyle reasons am choosing radiology.

It's good that you're starting early, because radiology is getting more competitive every year cause it's bada$$. Get some research/experience early and it will make your life easier come match time.

Oh and also, if you are worried about not having enough patient contact in radiology... 3-4 more standarized patients will swing you the other way.

Best of luck

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.