Rads Text for 4th year student NOT going into Rads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jive Turkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our school provided us with Squires, but i wanted to buy a dumbed down book for myself that i can highlight and keep for intern year... was considering blueprints and the ridiculously simple series.

which is better? any others that you would recommmend? (BTW, i DON'T want to spend more than 40 bucks on a book)

Members don't see this ad.

Blueprints is pretty good and a quick read. If you're not going into rads, I'd still go with the Felson's A programmed guide for reading the Chest radiographs. No matter what specialty you're in, you'll be looking at chest films and you'll impress your medicine/peds residents by actually being able to look at a lateral film and read it.

Two suggestions:

1. Wiest: Fundamentals of Emergency Radiology. Every medical student should read it; most need no more. It can be read in a couple evenings. Unless you're going into rads, there's simply no reason for you to waste your time with more than this.

2. The Wolf Files: An Interactive Radiology Atlas of Fundamental Cases. OK, I'm biased. This is a computer program I wrote that is being launched nation-wide after the new year. It covers all the basic radiology that every med student needs to know before residency, but unlike a textbook (and more like real life), it gives you each case with minimal history and let's you look over the images before it gives you the answer. When you're ready, you click the Interpretation Button and it gives you the answer plus points out the findings.

Members don't see this ad :)
Radiology Recall by Gay Woodcock

sorry I just had to slip that in:laugh:

Good choice! Needs pictures. Radiology Secrets is too much, but has pictures and separated by organ systems and has many pearls.
Another suggestion is the Blueprint for Radiology.