1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Rads Text for 4th year student NOT going into Rads

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by Jive Turkey, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey Member
    7+ Year Member

Our school provided us with Squires, but i wanted to buy a dumbed down book for myself that i can highlight and keep for intern year... was considering blueprints and the ridiculously simple series.

which is better? any others that you would recommmend? (BTW, i DON'T want to spend more than 40 bucks on a book)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jim Picotte

Jim Picotte Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Blueprints is pretty good and a quick read. If you're not going into rads, I'd still go with the Felson's A programmed guide for reading the Chest radiographs. No matter what specialty you're in, you'll be looking at chest films and you'll impress your medicine/peds residents by actually being able to look at a lateral film and read it.

4. Rads Resident

Rads Resident Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Two suggestions:

1. Wiest: Fundamentals of Emergency Radiology. Every medical student should read it; most need no more. It can be read in a couple evenings. Unless you're going into rads, there's simply no reason for you to waste your time with more than this.

2. The Wolf Files: An Interactive Radiology Atlas of Fundamental Cases. OK, I'm biased. This is a computer program I wrote that is being launched nation-wide after the new year. It covers all the basic radiology that every med student needs to know before residency, but unlike a textbook (and more like real life), it gives you each case with minimal history and let's you look over the images before it gives you the answer. When you're ready, you click the Interpretation Button and it gives you the answer plus points out the findings.

5. JPNSU

JPNSU Member
    7+ Year Member

Radiology Recall by Gay Woodcock

sorry I just had to slip that in:laugh:

6. mandownunder

mandownunder Member
    7+ Year Member

Good choice! Needs pictures. Radiology Secrets is too much, but has pictures and separated by organ systems and has many pearls.
    Another suggestion is the Blueprint for Radiology.