Raltegravir Mechanism

Started by Dr Hunter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr Hunter

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys,

I'm really interested about Integrase(IN) Inhibitors and I was searching for their detailed mechanism of action and binding...

What I found is that Mg++ is an important ion for IN activation and a domain in IN binds with it and Raltegravir binds with Mg and chelates it... Here is the question; Does it bind to IN and then to Mg or just binds to Mg, and if the answer is the second, why doesn't it bind to any Mg ion in the body, why just that Mg required for IN activation?

Thanks
 
The Mg++ is divalent how come it binds to IN and Raltegravir in the same time, thanks for the reply, but I need more enlightenment.