Random Application Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MIZMARLEY

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a couple questions I wondered if anyone could answer.

When reporting GPA, should you recalculate it to average classes that you repeated or report it as it is on your transcript?

Also, is it bad to apply to a lot of schools? Do schools care how many other schools you apply to?

And lastly, when adding pre-req codes under the Coursework section, should you put classes that were considered EQS or equine studies at my college as animal science courses or other?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would think that you should report your GPA as it appears on your transcripts. Unless your school has some sort of grade replacement or forgiveness program, this should result in the average of your grades for repeated classes.
I wouldn't say it's bad to apply to a lot of schools. Expensive, yes. And you should be able to justify why you are applying to so many and not just a select few. If money isn't an object, you are giving yourself the most options by applying everywhere... But I think most people can narrow down their choices to 5 or less based on the programs they are interested in and where they have a shot at getting in (grades, pre-reqs etc.)
And yeah, I would put equine studies classes under animal science. That's where the equine classes were at my undergrad school. It makes sense.
Just MHO.

I don't know about the GPA thing, sorry.

Apply to schools that you would seriously consider going to - some schools are only interested in you if you would attend there for sure if you got in (like Penn). At interviews, I know Penn asked out of the schools you applied to, where would you ideally go? Some other schools may do the same, but I'm not sure. Like buckeye mentioned, it can get expensive to apply to a lot of schools.

Putting equine studies under animal science sounds good to me too. You can always call VMCAS and check.

Good luck! :thumbup: