Random dental question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hye345

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dentist told me that rinsing my mouth with warm salt water every night would help strenthen my gums. I was pretty surprised when I heart this. Any thoughts? What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Rinsing with salt water will not strengthen your gums directly. It will, however, act somewhat like an antimicrobial. This will help, kill/flushout bacteria that cause perio issues and in turn help your gums become more healthy.

Other some dentistis reccoment mouthwash or dilute H2O2. They all are are good mouth rinses.

Burbon might work too.... If I recall... EtOH needs to be 70% (140 proof) or higher to kill bacteria... Try grain alcohol, or moonshine... when you are done rinsing, you can take the shot

-C

Members don't see this ad :)
High alcohol concentration will burn mucosa. A few days after the bourbon flush, your cheek mucosa may slough off resembling lichen planus. "The burn" in Listerine is actually from its alcohol content.

H2O2 works better full strength. The effervescent action flushes out bacteria and debris. It might even have a bleaching effect on extrinsic stains(???)

Moral lesson: Sip bourbon through a straw.

Ivorinedust

"Apolonia, relieve my toothache!"

Status
Not open for further replies.