Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XIX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yay, I started a random thread! :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

i'm going to the library.....i'm feeling motivated today....and by "motivated" i mean scared sh*tless for this exam i have coming up in a week

good luck sweetie! i have a busy week or so ahead of me too. ugh.

the first and second years just went on spring break here until april 9th.... sucks that we dont get a spring break in years 3 and 4 but whatever, a little over 13 months now until graduation. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Q! :love: Hope you are doing well too!
beary! My favorite HO! :love: I have good news for you. I have it on authority from TWO pathologists now that even if I hate histo, it doesn't mean I'm necessarily sunk for path. Phew!

A-man, I'm thinking about EM now too. :)

beary! My favorite HO! :love: I have good news for you. I have it on authority from TWO pathologists now that even if I hate histo, it doesn't mean I'm necessarily sunk for path. Phew!

A-man, I'm thinking about EM now too. :)

:D Path is great. I am a happy pathologist. ;)

Man, I come up with elaborate excuses to skip lab today and instead go to the pool/play ultimate with the roommates, and the weather sucks.

Oh well, things could be worse. I could be doing my taxes. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, I come up with elaborate excuses to skip lab today and instead go to the pool/play ultimate with the roommates, and the weather sucks.

Oh well, things could be worse. I could be doing my taxes. ;)
or taking a FL practice test. ;)

(at least the windows are open and it smells like rain.)

HEY- did you all see I made the cover of Time this week!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

yeah, in case you missed it:

TimeCover.jpg

:smuggrin:

heh. I don't really do all my taxes. This is just adding up my itemizations and putting them in a neat file plus my w-2s and 1098.

My accountant actually DOES the taxes (and is worth every penny) :thumbup:
wow. you add them? I just separate them out into different categories and let my accountant go at it. :oops:

totally worth every penny. :thumbup:

heh. I don't really do all my taxes. This is just adding up my itemizations and putting them in a neat file plus my w-2s and 1098.

My accountant actually DOES the taxes (and is worth every penny) :thumbup:
I do a 1040 EZ. It's still a royal PITA though. :(

My husband is in charge of the taxes - thank God!!!

They're a nightmare. Self-employed so we have tons and tons of deductions. He does it with Turbo Tax.

This is why megboo and I have accountants. :D (Mine's so cheap- she's the accountant at a place I used to work and does them on the side.)

dude, i'll so do yours. it's so easy with turbotax!! i just did mine two weeks ago.
Deal. I know it's not that big of a deal. But somehow, I can't muster the will to just go to Turbotax and get it over with. :p

ok, so my 32 month old nephrew just came running up to me saying "alex, alex" and hugged me. :love:

must. resist. urge to go into pediatrics.
A-man, did you get my PM? There are so many reasons why I could and would call you crazy, but that's not one of them. :love:

OMG.

My roommates from 2 years ago didn't return the HDTV cable boxes on loan from the cable company. Since my name was the primary one on the account, they are charging me $800 for un-returned equipment. OMFG.

good luck sweetie! i have a busy week or so ahead of me too. ugh.

the first and second years just went on spring break here until april 9th.... sucks that we dont get a spring break in years 3 and 4 but whatever, a little over 13 months now until graduation. :D

thanks sweetie!! :love:

This is why megboo and I have accountants. :D (Mine's so cheap- she's the accountant at a place I used to work and does them on the side.)
Ok, I have been trying to get mine done for a couple of hours now, and I concede defeat. I've always done my own taxes in the past, but I'd need a freaking PhD in economics to get them done this year. The saddest part is that my total income isn't even that high, but I have a zillion little incomes from several states; it's death by a thousand W2s and 1099s. :rolleyes: I will be calling H & R Block in the morning. I think I'm going to owe a ton of $$ though b/c of those 1099s. :(

Ok, I have been trying to get mine done for a couple of hours now, and I concede defeat. I've always done my own taxes in the past, but I'd need a freaking PhD in economics to get them done this year. The saddest part is that my total income isn't even that high, but I have a zillion little incomes from several states; it's death by a thousand W2s and 1099s. :rolleyes: I will be calling H & R Block in the morning. I think I'm going to owe a ton of $$ though b/c of those 1099s. :(
yeah, when I bought my house I threw in the towel on doing them myself.

then I started my own business. I can't even tell you the number of 1099s I have now for medical services reimbursements. There's one from every insurance company that paid me that year, including Medicare.. every receipt for anything professional- from postage stamps to a new file cabinet to continuing ed seminars and *gasp* even my MCAT fee ("educational expense" :smuggrin: ). (And maybe one or two receipts for taking Randomites out for "networking dinners".)

Then add in tuition and student loan interest paid (from my masters) as educational credits, property taxes, etc etc etc etc etc.

Best 75 bucks I spend every year. (which is also tax deductible because it's a "business expense") :thumbup:

where is my mind//way out in the water//see it swimmin'

Dude how did your interview end up going some time back when you had it?

Also, Q sorry to hear about your tax woes.

PB & J,
My dad loves Turbotax. That's always been his method of doing taxes.

A-man,

That was the most adorable thing-what your little nephew did anyhow. I can just picture someone who looks like a mini version of you running up to you and hugging you like that. hahahaha

Tee,

Sorry to hear about your old roommate's doing screwing you over.

Penguin,
:laugh: :laugh: at the cover page to the Time magazine. I'm going to have to second Durden with the words: AMCAS material. Yeah I suppose it would be publication. muahahahaahaha.

Or does it go in the modeling photoshoots that get listed as employment? bwahahaha

OMG.

My roommates from 2 years ago didn't return the HDTV cable boxes on loan from the cable company. Since my name was the primary one on the account, they are charging me $800 for un-returned equipment. OMFG.
that really sucks tee

but you had hdtv in college? wow

My husband is in charge of the taxes - thank God!!!

They're a nightmare. Self-employed so we have tons and tons of deductions. He does it with Turbo Tax.

Yup. Same here. I even forgot about a few deductions when I dropped them off. Like my new car sales tax and my utilities that automatically deduct then I get an e-mail notice. An extra $2700 I almost overlooked!

Good night sleeping randomites. *tucks everybody in*

beary... can you tell im on surgery now? i woke up AN HOUR after you posted this :laugh:

i woke up at 345, was in the hospital by 5. i saw 5 pts and wrote their SOAP notes during pre-rounds, had breakfast, rounded with the pedi surg fellow... thankfully rounds were short, 45 minutes. but i carried half of the 10 pt census. :laugh:

now i just have to study my ass off today and go to the grocery store before i pass out at 9 pm and have to repeat it all again tomorrow. tomorrow will be nicer though since we have 3 MS3's and 2 subinterns to help write notes on weekdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.