Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVIII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to part 18 of the random thread! All random thoughts welcome here! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'm watching the first episode at the moment. Makes me remember a time when I wasn't so cynical about government. Makes me inspired about how government could be and angry about what it is right now. I just think government has the capacity to bring out the good in society and work for what we believe is right. Unfortunately it doesn't happen much in reality.

Reposting here. :)

Also, did I tell you guys I picked CJ Craig as the TV character I identified most with :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you apply there?

(Did you apply anywhere in Texas? Baylor, maybe?)
i did apply to both miami and baylor.

baylor stomped on my face. :p

miami is still up in the air. i haven't been rejected yet, so i guess that's good. i know in the past they have interviewed into april, but i'm not sure if they have any more offers to extend.

only 1000 per thread? woah... these should go down once a day

A-man don't really care to see the pics but I do want you to post a blog about this case cuz I love reading about your cases and what not.

That's really sad what happened to that guy.

a-man, is someplace someplace still giving out interviews?

hot dog! as far as i know s&m they are still giving out invites. i had so written them off as ever interviewing me at this point in 2004. i didnt get the invite until the last week of march and so i interviewed on the 2nd to last date in april. :eek:

just goes to show you that even if you interview late at miami you still have a good chance. the school rejects very few people post interview so once you interview here you have a close to 70% chance of acceptance. thats why they are so tight with the offers.

im sorry theyve made you wait so much, believe me if i had any power you would have been interviewed back in august/september. :love:

It is getting VERY hot and stinky with no air exhaust. And I still have 11 oriented skins and innumerable smalls. :(

It's only 4:30 but something about today - I feel like it's 9 pm already or something.

Wow...a new part! Gee, I thought that last one would never die the way were going.

Went to XYZ Med School Day today...fun, interesting, informative. Unfortunately, I came home to a Chem assignment that is due tonight that I can't do. I keep trying to hire a tutor, but the guy is being a flake! AGGH. I just emaled my prof asking for a name. There is free tutoring on campus, but I like to work with the same person all the time. Picky? Perhaps. But, I need to do really. I certainly am far from blowing it so far, but things are heating up. :scared:

500: Chariots of Fire
1000: Eye of the Tiger
2000: Overture of 1812 (with emphasis on cannons)
3000: Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto
4000: Livin' on a Prayer
5000: 5,000 Miles
7500: Another One Bites the Dust
10K: We Will Rock You
15K: William Tell Overture
20K: Celebration
30K: We Are the Champions

There's a debate in the class threads about who has the better swag, Michigan or WashU.

I don't know what you're talking about but Michigan is better than Wash U in every way. ;)

Oh and in the pathology match this year Michigan filled and Wash U didn't. HAHAHAHA. :D (Other shockers - U Penn and Northwestern didn't fill).

Remember that physics test that I said pwned me?

96%!!!! Highest grade in the class too.

:wow:

The prof made some typos in the questions and that's the reason a few of the problems were not solveable.

The prof made some typos in the questions and that's the reason a few of the problems were not solveable.

PWNED!! :hardy: WTG!

(lol you say "pwned" too?!?)

Looks like we have quite a few science rawkstars on here! :clap: :clap:

Though now by Randomite law, you have to tell us how you lost your four points so we can heckle you.

*cough* Nm *cough*

Awesome job!! :clap:

PWNED!! WTG!!! :clap:

time to celebrate :hardy:

hot dog! as far as i know s&m they are still giving out invites. i had so written them off as ever interviewing me at this point in 2004. i didnt get the invite until the last week of march and so i interviewed on the 2nd to last date in april. :eek:

just goes to show you that even if you interview late at miami you still have a good chance. the school rejects very few people post interview so once you interview here you have a close to 70% chance of acceptance. thats why they are so tight with the offers.

im sorry theyve made you wait so much, believe me if i had any power you would have been interviewed back in august/september. :love:
aww, thanks, i know you would have. :)

i'll just keep hoping for good things!! :D

:clap: CONGRATS!!!

Looks like we have quite a few science rawkstars on here! :clap: :clap:

Though now by Randomite law, you have to tell us how you lost your four points so we can heckle you.

*cough* Nm *cough*

1. That's just mean. :mad:
2. I never posted it, I IMed it to you. :hungover:

Status
Not open for further replies.