Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XXII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
And now for part 22 ......

Members don't see this ad.

Home from the office early today. Was up awfully late last night doing chem, so it's naptime here. Then resuming the excitement.

In other news (to add to the throwing cellphone woes around here), my phone's being stupid and hoarding text messages for hours, then delivering them all at once. Suppose its time to start looking for a new one.

My phone that I had was a piece of crap to so I used some money my grandfather gave me when I was in India to buy a new cell phone when I got back. I got an LG 8300 and there was a deal that if you get one you'll get a second one for free so my mom got a new phone out of it as well. It was a pretty good deal since the actual phone was 50 dollars and then there was a rebate on the phone.

BTW on the subject of throwing phones, I only throw it as far as the cushioned soft couch but mostly with my old phone (not the one I just replaced but the previous one before that) I used to drop it soooooooooo many times that it looked totally beat up.

I finally got my PS to fit in the AMCAS application. *whew!*

It took a lot of rewording verbs from "had _" "should have _" "could have_", etc. to make them active past tense.

I'm still waiting on some more proofing ideas from some folks, plus my college is still working on sending transcripts now that the Spring semester grades are in, so I'm going to wait to submit until my last transcript is in (should be within the next week or 2). Hopefully it won't take too long to verify.

My current application grrrrr..... is with AACOMAS now. Still not open for 2008 cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
My phone that I had was a piece of crap to so I used some money my grandfather gave me when I was in India to buy a new cell phone when I got back. I got an LG 8300 and there was a deal that if you get one you'll get a second one for free so my mom got a new phone out of it as well. It was a pretty good deal since the actual phone was 50 dollars and then there was a rebate on the phone.

:thumbup:. I'm going to keep mine as long as possible (i'm attached, and my cell phone company doesn't carry my phone anymore) but when I have to change, I think I'm going to the KRAZR.

TypeA -

What's the room situation for OPM? I thought I'd ask before booking a room myself. I'm gonna bite the bullet and stay at the Westin either with a roommate or by myself. *Cartman voice* I sooooo deserve the luxury :smuggrin:

OK, so I called HR to let her know I'm quitting and asked what I needed to do. She said she required a written notice of resignation, with all the reasons that I'm quitting. I said I don't have the time to write a novel!:laugh:

Gonna go back to campus in an hour or so to do some orgo studying and also write that resignation letter.

TypeA -

What's the room situation for OPM? I thought I'd ask before booking a room myself. I'm gonna bite the bullet and stay at the Westin either with a roommate or by myself. *Cartman voice* I sooooo deserve the luxury :smuggrin:

I don't know. JLW's figuring all that out I suppose. I know that we are rooming together, but I thought there was some discussion about you crashing there also. To be honest with you, I have no idea. Heck, I don't even know WHERE we are staying. :rolleyes: I guess I should pay a little more attention. :laugh: Do we know what Mushling's ultimate plans are? Is she going or no? Let's try to chat tonight with JLW. Ok? I am going to go get some dinner...be back in a bit. I will log on to AIM then.

OK, so I called HR to let her know I'm quitting and asked what I needed to do. She said she required a written notice of resignation, with all the reasons that I'm quitting. I said I don't have the time to write a novel!:laugh:

Gonna go back to campus in an hour or so to do some orgo studying and also write that resignation letter.

:laugh::laugh: classic.

About to start my safety quiz *groans*

I'm debating if I should get an IPhone.
but it's way too expensive and i need to pay for stupid application fees. :mad:

I don't know. JLW's figuring all that out I suppose. I know that we are rooming together, but I thought there was some discussion about you crashing there also. To be honest with you, I have no idea. Heck, I don't even know WHERE we are staying. :rolleyes: I guess I should pay a little more attention. :laugh: Do we know what Mushling's ultimate plans are? Is she going or no? Let's try to chat tonight with JLW. Ok? I am going to go get some dinner...be back in a bit. I will log on to AIM then.

OK that sounds good! I'll chat w/ya later - I'm about to fix dinner myself! And then I need to work out. I'll probably be on around 8:30-9ish. If that's too late , go ahead and discuss what you need to with JLW and let me know, otherwise I'll see you in chat!

P.S. I have cash if you let me stay with you guys..... :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh::laugh: classic.

About to start my safety quiz *groans*
"You see a flask of 15 M H2SO4 in the fume hood. What will you do?
1) drink it
2) put it into a watergun and shoot at your classmate
3) refresh yourself by pouring it down your sweaty chest
4) not do anything"

Blah.:thumbdown:

how the hell did i get a mosquito bite on my (.)(.) ?!?
I remember riding a mountain bike last summer, falling, and landing with my tit on the handlebar. Oh boy, did that ever hurt! And then it was all purple and blue, and then it turned to yellow later.

I'm sexy, what can I say.:cool:

I remember riding a mountain bike last summer, falling, and landing with my tit on the handlebar. Oh boy, did that ever hurt! And then it was all purple and blue, and then it turned to yellow later.

I'm sexy, what can I say.:cool:

the the various colors of hemoglobin breakdown in a hematoma, yes very sexy. :laugh:

OK, I'm gonna head to campus to study for the orgo final, and then I'm going to the gym....see you in a few!

same here, the nice thing with this upcoming year though is that ill have more room in my schedule to integrate it and make it routine.
I just got back from the gym.
I only go like 2-4 times a week, depending on how lazy i am :rolleyes:

I HATE ANYTHING TO DO WITH CHYLOMICRONS AND LIPOPROTEINS!!!! ar rarrararar

pre-test anxiety here :eek:

Back from studying and from the gym....did the orgo practice final and didn't do too bad, though it was HARD - 79% and then I still had a 9% question left. It was full of IR spectroscopy data, and I gave up, until I realized that we'd be given IR tables on the actual exam, so I WOULD be able to interpret that stuff. So I'm gonna give it another try tonight with the data tables, and hopefully I can get it done - then I'll have an 88%, which would put me at like a 91% average in the class, which is an A+. Overall, the practice final was very reasonable. Yeah, it was hard, but I finished it in 45 mins and it's supposed to go for 3.:laugh: I think in 3 hours, I could solve EVERYTHING, because I'd try all I could.

Back from studying and from the gym....did the orgo practice final and didn't do too bad, though it was HARD - 79% and then I still had a 9% question left. It was full of IR spectroscopy data, and I gave up, until I realized that we'd be given IR tables on the actual exam, so I WOULD be able to interpret that stuff. So I'm gonna give it another try tonight with the data tables, and hopefully I can get it done - then I'll have an 88%, which would put me at like a 91% average in the class, which is an A+. Overall, the final was very reasonable. Yeah, it was hard, but I finished it in 45 mins and it's supposed to go for 3.:laugh: I think in 3 hours, I could solve EVERYTHING, because I'd try all I could.

:thumbup: Good luck! :luck: :)

Back to my 75 study questions for chapter 11 (first chapter) of GenChem II. It's not bad just tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.