Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XXVI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can I just tell you that I called my really good friend on Long Island to give her my good news, and her IMMEDIATE response was "You're moving to NEBRASKA???????? I'm going to have to start thinking of jokes NOW..." :laugh:

Here are the two classics:

What are the two best things to come out of Nebraska?
I-80 West and I-80 East

Why does the corn in Iowa lean west?
Because Nebraska sucks.

And since Meg got an interview before I even had a chance to pray for her, she gets bananas as a substitution.

:banana: :clap: :banana: :clap: :banana: :clap: :banana: :clap: :banana:

Members don't see this ad :)
can I just tell you that I called my really good friend on Long Island to give her my good news, and her IMMEDIATE response was "You're moving to NEBRASKA???????? I'm going to have to start thinking of jokes NOW..." :laugh:

(I reminded her that one interview does not actually mean I'm moving there. She said she was going to work on the jokes anyway.)
something about the water in LI makes us make such ridiculous remarks. Good old long island. :p

White coat ceremony for me tomorrow - :eek: Figures I feel like absolute crap. I think I have a sinus infection and I've almost completely lost my voice. I don't think I'll have any time tomorrow to go to the student health center to see if there's anything they can give me. My face feels like it is going to explode.

Ahh, the joy of kids in daycare. We've all been sick constantly for a nearly a month now (4 different bugs I think).

White coat ceremony for me tomorrow - :eek: Figures I feel like absolute crap. I think I have a sinus infection and I've almost completely lost my voice. I don't think I'll have any time tomorrow to go to the student health center to see if there's anything they can give me. My face feels like it is going to explode.

Ahh, the joy of kids in daycare. We've all been sick constantly for a nearly a month now (4 different bugs I think).
you're in a place full of doctors! get better!! :)

Ahh oxeye, that stinks. :( I hope you feel better and are able to enjoy your special day.

And since Meg got an interview before I even had a chance to pray for her, she gets bananas as a substitution.

:banana: :clap: :banana: :clap: :banana: :clap: :banana: :clap: :banana:

Thanks Durden!!!!

and beary and oxeye too.

I also had a delightful conversation with SIU yesterday! Provided my MCAT doesn't decrease this next time (which would really be pretty hard to do :() I actually have a really good shot for at least an interview there!

There's a GI mess going around over here lately. I've had lots of kids cancel the last week because of illness :(

BTW - what's the word on EI?

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a GI mess going around over here lately. I've had lots of kids cancel the last week because of illness :(

BTW - what's the word on EI?

She has an appointment for an evaluation one week from today. It was so hard to schedule around classes so I could be there. The best I could arrange was so that I can be there for the first hour (they said it could take 2-3 hours). My husband will have to tell me how the rest of it goes. :(

There has been a bird having an absolute fit outside my window for the last 20 mins and it's driving me crazy. Went to look outside and it turns out my neighbour let her cat out on a leash...I wish she would bring it back inside so I can have some peace and quiet to work! :mad:

Oh man, I finally got my physics midterm grade....it's a B, and I'm not too impressed, to be honest. It brings me down to an A- average, which is not bad at all (A- also raise my BCPM), buttttttt I really don't feel confident about a good chunk of the material we've had since then, which will be on the final - I think the final could really kill me. It's 40% of the grade, so not too horrible, but given that I no longer have as strong of a base with my midterm/1st assignment/1st set of lab reports, I'm quite worried. I have an 83.5% average now, and A- goes up from 80%, so basically, if I want to maintain the A- average, I can't score less than 76.5% on the final - and my midterm was 74.:rolleyes:

:thumbdown: Discouraged. I really can't afford to get any more grades that'd bring down my BCPM!

careful bt
gambling is a slippery slope

i wish i could use smilies with sdn mobile. Right now im going home on the train

I studied this morning.. then went to an adoption party (coworker adopted a 2y/o- and btw, Nikki- Target does not carry any "congrats on adopting your child" cards, so you need to do something about that)... then blew a huge chunk of cash at the grocery store.. came back home and studied..

wow my life is exciting :rolleyes:

I studied this morning.. then went to an adoption party (coworker adopted a 2y/o- and btw, Nikki- Target does not carry any "congrats on adopting your child" cards, so you need to do something about that)... then blew a huge chunk of cash at the grocery store.. came back home and studied..

sure is more interesting than mine

I bet Hallmark does... I was amazed at all the holidays/occasions they now have cards for, including one on the birth of puppies.....?! (just a future reference):laugh:

I bet Hallmark does... I was amazed at all the holidays/occasions they now have cards for, including one on the birth of puppies.....?! (just a future reference):laugh:

actually, my boss went to Hallmark and they only had ONE adoption card, and it was sold out. so she went for a general "congrats" card.

I, OTOH, decided the present is actually for the child.. so I found a blank kid's bday card that had a cute (and fuzzy :D ) giraffe on the front, and told him that I thought he made an excellent choice of families to stay with forever. :thumbup:

actually, my boss went to Hallmark and they only had ONE adoption card, and it was sold out. so she went for a general "congrats" card.

I, OTOH, decided the present is actually for the child.. so I found a blank kid's bday card that had a cute (and fuzzy :D ) giraffe on the front, and told him that I thought he made an excellent choice of families to stay with forever. :thumbup:

Awww... that's great! :thumbup:

It's actually RAINING.. it hasnt rained here in Lord knows how long, so it's a welcome break to the triple digit heat. I'm attempting to get my life organized before school starts tomorrow which is always a fun chore. How's everyone else's Sunday?

It's actually RAINING.. it hasnt rained here in Lord knows how long, so it's a welcome break to the triple digit heat. I'm attempting to get my life organized before school starts tomorrow which is always a fun chore. How's everyone else's Sunday?

Bleh...reanalyzing some of my data, yet again, on a nice sunny (but cool) day. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for the people in Jamaica w/ the hurricane. Can't imagine being there :(

How's everybody else's Saturday? I'm finishing up "The Green Mile"... i love it.

Hmmmm what did I do? Well I made homemade waffles for breakfast. Hung around the house some. Then I went with my bro up to Tampa to go in door rock climbing with our friends from Tampa. After that, I came back and hung out at home, did some dance practice, and now off to bed. Will probably get more done tomorrow.

But that about sums things up.

Well, it's back to school tomorrow... woohoo. I "started" Chemistry today (which is going to be a piece of cake, really just a review course - can't believe I took the wrong one the first time) and Biology (again, incredibly easy... Gen Bio... lol), tomorrow is Physics and tues is Micro and my first grad class.

Still seems a little overwhelming but at least I'll be busy :)

Night guys!

i'm trying to get through expert in Guitar hero
i picked it up again

Hmmmm what did I do? Well I made homemade waffles for breakfast. Hung around the house some. Then I went with my bro up to Tampa to go in door rock climbing with our friends from Tampa. After that, I came back and hung out at home, did some dance practice, and now off to bed. Will probably get more done tomorrow.

But that about sums things up.

Homemade waffles are yummy.

Headin to bed with "The Anatomy Lesson", which is a fairly good book if there are any other avid readers on the forum. I'm so enjoying having time to read again.

Unfortunately, I've got a really stuffy nose tonight which I hope has diminished by morning. Come on, it's the first week of school! I dont need to be sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.