Random PCAT Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCF Knight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if it would fine not taking Bio II (another class will substitute when I apply) and instead just study off a study guide over the info covered in Bio II; would this suffice to prepare me for the PCAT? On a another note, I know that we're not allowed to discuss specific PCAT exam questions and answers, but are we allowed to discuss the specific subjects on it and whether or not they'll be on the exam (ex. if the PCAT has genetics or not) to help figure out which classes to take to prepare for it? Lastly, if I'm planning on taking it in January, when should I start studying for it?

Sorry if these questions seem kind of stupid, I'm new to this whole PCAT thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I was just wondering if it would fine not taking Bio II (another class will substitute when I apply) and instead just study off a study guide over the info covered in Bio II; would this suffice to prepare me for the PCAT? On a another note, I know that we're not allowed to discuss specific PCAT exam questions and answers, but are we allowed to discuss the specific subjects on it and whether or not they'll be on the exam (ex. if the PCAT has genetics or not) to help figure out which classes to take to prepare for it? Lastly, if I'm planning on taking it in January, when should I start studying for it?

Sorry if these questions seem kind of stupid, I'm new to this whole PCAT thing.

I believe you cannot talk about or list the exact question you saw on the exam here. You can discuss and ask about the specific subjects on the test (Pearson posted all the topics of PCAT on their websites).

To answer your question, it is totally possible to just study off a study guide instead of taking bio II. I heard the Kaplan Bio study guide is a overkill for studying bio section, so you might want to look at it to over-prepare yourself.

You should give yourself a good 3 months before the exam to study, but the sooner you start, the better.

Last edited:
You definitely helped clear everything up. I agree spending $40 for a kaplan study book>paying for a class I don't really need. Thanks for your help!