jthomp26

5+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey...since the majority of people on this website seem to be pretty intelligent...I figured this would be a good place to "poll"...

When you've taken the final exam for a class...do you keep all of the notes/handouts etc. from that class to have throughout college, or do you immediately toss them in the trash/recycle?

MrBeans

MrBeans
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Funny you mention this, I was just cleaning out my bookshelf.

I saved all of my notes from undergrad, and they just collected dust (for about 6 years). I decided to start clearing out my old notes to make room for D-school material! :D

I'm saving some of my old notes (and PowerPoints), but the majority I'm throwing out/recycling; the material is simply taking up way too much space.

I do save my text books though, as those have the majority of the information I need to reference.

OP
J

jthomp26

5+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Yeah I've been keeping mine too. I've never actually done anything with any of the old ones, but I keep thinking that one day I might need them for something.

I just finished a class this semester though, and I have about 200 pages of notes...trying to decide whether it's worth keeping all these notes around or not!

7 Iron

5+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2010
Status
Dentist
I saved most of my college stuff/notes, and then a year or two ago I started cleaning it all out. I kept my notebooks and used them to study for the DAT which was helpful. However when dental school starts I will probably get rid of everything else since apparently they will not be of any help in dental school.

SuperTank

5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
Status
Dental Student
I thought this would get more responses!
I kept all my notes from high school, and threw them out after a year of college.

I kept all my notes (and textbooks) from college, and I just barely threw them all away, and sold the textbooks.

In dental school I'm taking all my notes on my laptop, so I don't have to worry about storing them. They'll all fit in one file, and if I ever need them, I'll know where they are.