Random question about notes...

Started by jthomp26
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jthomp26

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey...since the majority of people on this website seem to be pretty intelligent...I figured this would be a good place to "poll"...


When you've taken the final exam for a class...do you keep all of the notes/handouts etc. from that class to have throughout college, or do you immediately toss them in the trash/recycle?
 
Funny you mention this, I was just cleaning out my bookshelf.

I saved all of my notes from undergrad, and they just collected dust (for about 6 years). I decided to start clearing out my old notes to make room for D-school material! 😀

I'm saving some of my old notes (and PowerPoints), but the majority I'm throwing out/recycling; the material is simply taking up way too much space.

I do save my text books though, as those have the majority of the information I need to reference.
 
Yeah I've been keeping mine too. I've never actually done anything with any of the old ones, but I keep thinking that one day I might need them for something.

I just finished a class this semester though, and I have about 200 pages of notes...trying to decide whether it's worth keeping all these notes around or not!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saved most of my college stuff/notes, and then a year or two ago I started cleaning it all out. I kept my notebooks and used them to study for the DAT which was helpful. However when dental school starts I will probably get rid of everything else since apparently they will not be of any help in dental school.
 
I thought this would get more responses!

I kept all my notes from high school, and threw them out after a year of college.

I kept all my notes (and textbooks) from college, and I just barely threw them all away, and sold the textbooks.

In dental school I'm taking all my notes on my laptop, so I don't have to worry about storing them. They'll all fit in one file, and if I ever need them, I'll know where they are.
 
I never used my notes all that much so 90% of them have been recycled. I'm more of an audio recording type of person, and those I save.