Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my herrrs did. Nothing big, but I took a few inches off. I wanna see yours Dyachei. :D

well, I'm still in my work clothes, am super tired and still sick. The pic will have to wait until tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

I basically looked at it for like 30 seconds. :laugh: Have to run and go sort my laundry, but does the 5year for US students not require any undergrad? Or do you still have to complete chemistry, orgo, physics, maths, etc? I'll do more research into it later, but I have seriously been considering applying to UK schools(in a few years, and Australia but I know it's super expensive). But that would depend on loans that I could take out(can't take out any personal loans, made too many mistakes years ago).

Figured someone whose already done the research could give a quick basic answer. :laugh: (I will be looking in depth into it, so don't need a novel response :p, to save on your time)

Members don't see this ad :)
But then you'd need to have the AP credits.. I wonder if you could substitute those three classes with college classes and be able to get into the 5 year program..

I'm 28 :laugh:. That's why I was asking. I'm not 'newly' out of high school! :cool: Since I didn't have AP classes in high school, I'm assuming I would still need to do the college courses before applying.

Quick question that doesn't need a huge answer. Just curious. I just read that CSU, Cornell and Davis don't do dissections. I don't believe everything I read, so I was just wondering if that was true.

Got a phone call today at work:

Me: Thank you for calling blank blank blank, this is psilovethomas, how may I help you?
long silence
Caller: Who is this?
Me: psilovethomas
Caller: Where are you calling from?
Me: :confused:I'm at blank blank blank
Caller: I think you have the wrong phone number

What...?:confused:

Same person called back and said the same thing to one of the assistants..apparently she was trying to get a hold of the receptionist..

Quick question that doesn't need a huge answer. Just curious. I just read that CSU, Cornell and Davis don't do dissections. I don't believe everything I read, so I was just wondering if that was true.

CSU does as far as I know. When I visited they showed us the anatomy lab. It was pretty awesome. They also have a program that guides you through the dissection. Not sure about the other two.

:D Just died the last 3in of my hair pink!

Jealous. I wanted to do that with my hair only purple. It never happened. I don't think it'd be appropriate for vet school. My only hope of ever doing it, is to get a job next summer that doesn't care.

Members don't see this ad :)
I once was a dog breed who was beloved…trusted with the smallest of charges, that’s me.

To watch them all day as they’d frolic and play, they had faith all the dangers I’d see.

The children would hug and caress me, they’d scratch my ears and we’d lie...

In the grasses and stay where we’d play all day, with our friends, until bedtime was nigh.

Then we’d go home each night in the fading sunlight, to the place where we'd rest our heads,

Until all was quiet, and the house was at peace, we would lie content in our beds.

That was then, they called me the “Nanny Dog” I did it all and upon me they did rely,

They knew I was a rock, they knew I was solid, they knew for them, I would die.

But you now know me as a “Pit Bull,” which for some reason makes people fear,

No happy smiles greet me, no hugs, no companionship, just hatred is all that I hear.

I sit in a cage, day by day, hoping someone will see the real me,

But every day, the others are adopted away, and the end is all I can see.

But then you walked in, you paused and stopped dead, as you looked at my pleading face....

There was “something about me” you said to the man, and my heart started beating a hopeful pace.

“I’ll take this one!” you told the worker, to my sheer disbelief, for I’d been passed over many times you see,

You brought me with you, took me to your home, where I had a whole family, all just for me.

See, we’re not the monsters, the media makes us out to be, we just have one thing we need,

To love, and be loved, that’s all that we ask, I think all creatures on earth can agree.

Now I am a dog beloved…trusted with the smallest of charges, that’s me.

I watch them all day as they frolic and play, and they have faith all the dangers I’ll see.

The children they hug and caress me, they scratch my ears and we lie...

In the grasses we stay and play all day with our friends, until bedtime is nigh.

Then we go home each night in the fading sunlight, to the place where we rest our heads,

Until all is quiet, and the house is at peace, we lie content in our beds.

Now again, they call me the “Nanny Dog” I do it all and upon me they do rely,

They know I’m a rock, they know I am solid, they know for them, I would die.

I am a Pit Bull.

- By Cheryl Goede

Very cute Abney. Really wanting to do the purple now.

A few summers ago I dyed the underneath of my hair bright pink. I loved it.

You are too cute, Abney!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

10864_240461709809_8139352_n.jpg

that's what color it was

:thumbup: Super cute nyanko! I didnt to go too terribly extreme in case my job had a hissy fit.
The tips they don't care about but if I showed up all pink they'd probably say something.

Somebody just asked me how we clean the crates because she wanted to clean her dog's crate. Excuse me for looking confused for a minute but I was just surprised that someone actually wanted to do the work herself!

Does anyone know if it's possible to view the inboxes of two gmail accounts at once?

Does anyone know if it's possible to view the inboxes of two gmail accounts at once?

I believe so, if one is through like a school website. Sucks though because you get logged out of both too.

I believe so, if one is through like a school website. Sucks though because you get logged out of both too.

Yeah one is through the school, though I can log into it using the regular gmail log in. It's just when I try to switch back and forth I get five minutes before I have to log back in regardless of which account I use. It's been super annoying.

On the same page? Not really.

You can enable fast user account switching though and stay logged in to multiple accounts (then you can choose which one by typing something like gmail.com/u/#, eg 0, 1, etc).

You can also have all mail from one account be forwarded to the other with a specific label and assign it a different inbox (with priority or multiple inboxes). In this case, it would be on the same page.

Went into city centre today with the dags.... the Street Performance World Championship was taking place. Saw a few interesting acts... and took a photo of the Lizardman... albeit from the back, but you take what you can get.

lizardman.jpeg

lizardman2.jpeg

On the same page? Not really.

You can enable fast user account switching though and stay logged in to multiple accounts (then you can choose which one by typing something like gmail.com/u/#, eg 0, 1, etc).

You can also have all mail from one account be forwarded to the other with a specific label and assign it a different inbox (with priority or multiple inboxes). In this case, it would be on the same page.

Thanks.

A sign I saw walking around Princes Street: (Just for you devyn, a sign encouraging people to drink whiskey:rolleyes:)

View attachment 20681

This is actually one of the reasons I just cannot apply to Edinburgh! I already drink too much Bushmills, Let alone being in a city that encourages more! :laugh:

:confused:

I keep thinking that sunnex is commenting on stuff and then realize it's my own avatar that I'm seeing.. :laugh:

Davis does. Possibly moving towards more prosections (looking at dissections done already) so that we have the time to do more comparative anatomy i.e. study the anatomy of more than just a dog.

Davis does. Possibly moving towards more prosections (looking at dissections done already) so that we have the time to do more comparative anatomy i.e. study the anatomy of more than just a dog.

Do you think that's still gonna help you learn it as well?