So I'm working on typing up my bibliography for a bio class paper...Holy cow I think multiple authors are annoying! Those of us who do research of course would love to be an author on a paper, even last author! But as I sit here typing out all of these long, foreign-sounding names...I feel like one author would suffice ;)
Anyone else feel me here????

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
the1111gal said:
So I'm working on typing up my bibliography for a bio class paper...Holy cow I think multiple authors are annoying! Those of us who do research of course would love to be an author on a paper, even last author! But as I sit here typing out all of these long, foreign-sounding names...I feel like one author would suffice ;)
Lots of luck for a PI finding cheap research assistants if he can't even dole out token pub credits...

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
the1111gal said:
hahahah...but it's nice when you're name is on there.

vcatz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Get Endnote - then you will not have to type all of the refs! :thumbup:

javert

Mostly Harmless
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
Philly
Status
Medical Student
vcatz said:
Get Endnote - then you will not have to type all of the refs! :thumbup:
Seconded. Endnote is a godsend; well worth the price.

bidster

15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
the1111gal said:
wait what is that???
It's software that lets you enter the necessary bits of citation information into a form, and then it arranges it to make it look all nice and pretty--in the works cited format you need--for you. :)

EvoDevo

Forging a Different Path
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2003
Crazy Town
Status
Attending Physician
Actually, you don't even have to enter anything. You can just download the citation from PubMed and it's already formatted. :D

javert

Mostly Harmless
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
Philly
Status
Medical Student
the1111gal said:
wait what is that???
http://www.endnote.com/

They have a free trial. I think they also used to have student discounts, but I can't find that on their site at the moment.

Anyway, as EvoDevo says, you can use it to download all the refs you need from PubMed or some other source, and then it integrates into Word to automatically format all of the parenthetical references and to create a works cited list. It can be used for oh so much more too. :love:

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Ol'DocToxic said:
Have you never heard of "et al."?
If you legally changed your name to that, you could list a ton of publications on your CV...

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
Law2Doc said:
If you legally changed your name to that, you could list a ton of publications on your CV...
figures a lawyer would think of that.... ;-)