Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

random thought for apr 2003

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by cHocoBo 118, Aug 30, 2002.

1. cHocoBo 118

cHocoBo 118 Senior Member

Medical Student
    I was just wondering but.... for instance since there was an EKG passage on the aug 2002, is it fine to think that they wont have an EKG passage for the apr 2003 MCAT? Hence not worry too much about studying EKGs for april.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Ummmm....no.

4. limit

limit Molesting my inner-child

I personally think that the MCAT does a good job of bringing forth a new set of recondite questions and passages every administration. There is no reason whatsoever to study EKGs beyond their most basic elements. A better gameplan would be to focus on the underlying concepts that embody these new passages. This has always been a successful strategy I can't imagine why it should be changed.

5. Mike59

Mike59 Sweatshop FP in Ontario

Don't take anything for granted. Besides, the EKG passage was not to test over your knowledge of EKG's. There was only one question on that whole passage that asked you to draw upon previous knowledge about the cardiac contraction cycle. The rest were application/interpretation questions.

I wouldn't put it past AAMC to an EKG again in a different context and ask a ton of different questions.

6. Kritenoel

Kritenoel Smile and Wave

Something to keep in mind is that not every form had an EKG passage on it. I've found that content varies widely from test form to test form, and it all depends on the form you get that day. It was easier for me to study all of the basics and know that ANYTHING could be asked.

7. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member

well, just include EKG in your study list. The passage probably will not show up again but the questions might.

8. lady bug

I didn't see EKG in any of my science review books....did you guys? Kaplan claims to be pretty comprehensive in their review, yet nothing on EKG in their physio review. :(