Rank list from residency programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kyra201

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that information about how low residency programs have to move on their rank list is published somewhere. Does anyone know where it's published?

Members don't see this ad.

That information is NOT published anywhere...

It is submitted to the ACGME for the match and that is all...each department probably keeps it on file for their own purposes....

Why would you want to know where you were ranked anyway....

Neuropain is correct; this information is not publically available. I doubt the OP wants to know how she ranked but is interested rather in knowing how competitive various programs are (ie, a program that has to go farther down its rank list to fill is typically considered less competitive as applicants are ranking other places higher).

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Kimberli Cox
Neuropain is correct; this information is not publically available. I doubt the OP wants to know how she ranked but is interested rather in knowing how competitive various programs are (ie, a program that has to go farther down its rank list to fill is typically considered less competitive as applicants are ranking other places higher).

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm not interested in how I ranked, I'm just interested in how competitive the programs I'm applying to are.

Out of curiosity, I have heard that if you show enough interest, program will actually move you up on their list. This way, the program can boast of moving down fewer spots on their rank list, thus appearing "more competitive." Is showing interest really that important?

From the PD's perspective, a residency is a job. You will be paid and expected to produce during this period of "on the job training". For this reason, it is in the PD's best interest to hire people who want to be in his/her program. I feel that showing appropriate interest can only help you in matching at a specific program.