rank these programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicagobull

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a long time lurker, have been reading the interview lists a couple times a week. So far, I have over 10 interview offers all over the country, and I have little idea about which programs are better than the others. ( I applied to over 30 programs because I am not sure how competitive I am.) Obviously with a lot of interview offers, it will get really expensive and hectic to interview at all of these places, so I would appreciate it if you guys could look over the list and let me know which programs are better than others... About me: I am from Chicago, would like to stay in a larger city, preferably in a warmer climate. I am interested in pursuing a fellowship after residency (not sure which specialty yet).

here is the list so far:
U Florida-Gainesville, U Florida Jacksonville, University of Southern Florida, U Texas Houston, San Antonio, U New Mexico, USC, Med. College of Wisc. , Saint Louis U, Christ, Lutheran General, and UIC.

Thanks, i appreciate your responses.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a long time lurker, have been reading the interview lists a couple times a week. So far, I have over 10 interview offers all over the country, and I have little idea about which programs are better than the others. ( I applied to over 30 programs because I am not sure how competitive I am.) Obviously with a lot of interview offers, it will get really expensive and hectic to interview at all of these places, so I would appreciate it if you guys could look over the list and let me know which programs are better than others... About me: I am from Chicago, would like to stay in a larger city, preferably in a warmer climate. I am interested in pursuing a fellowship after residency (not sure which specialty yet).

here is the list so far:
U Florida-Gainesville, U Florida Jacksonville, University of Southern Florida, U Texas Houston, San Antonio, U New Mexico, USC, Med. College of Wisc. , Saint Louis U, Christ, Lutheran General, and UIC.

Thanks, i appreciate your responses.

To be honest, none of the programs really stand out as being much better than the others. They are all "middle of the road" type programs. MCoW is good from what I've heard..