Ranking Cali Mid/Low Tier IM Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dizzybanister

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I tried searching for a more recent post of this topic but couldn't find one, so I apologize for bringing this up again with all of the discussion history already on SDN. I went out of state for medical school and really want to be with my family in CA. I wanted to get people's thoughts on how to rank the mid/low tier Cali programs including: Scripps, Loma Linda, UCR, UCI, UC Davis, Cedars Sinai, USC, Kaiser, CPMC, Santa Clara Valley, Harbor, Olive View

A few changes that I've noticed compared to older posts:
- USC and LA General have split, from what I understand this doesn't really affect anything, and their fellowship match was really strong last yea
- UCI seems to have exceptional clinical training, has their reputation improved?
- Harbor is no longer affiliated with UCLA (unsure when that change happened, but I had the impression that Harbor > OV, is this still the case?)
- Cedars reputation seems to have much improved, seems less of a cush program than Scripps at least
 
USC
Cedar
Harbor UCLA
UC Davis
OV UCLA
Scrips Green
UCI
LLUMC
Kaiser LA
CPMC
Santa Clara Valley
UCR