Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Ranking Grids

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ganesha123, May 15, 2008.

1. ganesha123

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi,
    Just wondering, is it required that a letter of recommendation writer uses a ranking grid for medical schools...

Also, do your individual schools ask that you give your letter writer a form with a grid for them to send to the schools?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nick_carraway

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Not usually.

Your school's letter forwarding service might have that as part of their stationery, but no school I saw requires it as part of a secondary.

Typically letters of rec for med school are simply that; prose on letterhead.

3. MilkmanAl

MilkmanAl Al the Ass Mod
    Physician 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    UMKC makes their MD-only applicants fill out those generic rec sheets, but they're the only ones, as far as I know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ChubbyChaser

ChubbyChaser Yummmy
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    For some Reason i thinK TMDSAS has a ranking grid.

5. ganesha123

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    thanks for the info guys...the only reason i ask is because i had a letter writer submit a letter a year ago..and just realized today (when i reactivated my alumni letter file) that it didn't have a grid..and didn't know whether to bother her to fill a grid and mail it in, or just let it go...and forget about it!

6. lord_jeebus

lord_jeebus 和魂洋才
    Moderator Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Most letters of rec that I have reviewed did not have grids.