Ranking of OMFS programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UBDENT2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can get a rank of all 150ish os programs in the country?:D

please take this as a joke...that is unless you DO actually know where I can get that info....

Members don't see this ad.

what is good for one person may be bad for another. it all depends on what you are looking for. do you want broad scope? resident run? trauma central? dentoalveolar? country club? county hospital? dental school based? That is the beauty of it.

Amen to the last post. From my understanding OMFS programs are ranked based off of OMSAT scores, which is a standardized exam all residents take each year to gauge their progress. Nevertheless, I completely disagree with those out there who claim there program is the best in the country. The program that fits who you are and where you'll be the happiest is the best program in the country. Any accredited OMFS program will get you your certificate and hopefully allow you to become board certified. I know many will disagree with me, but that's my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
You rock

The AAOMS has a pretty awesome ranking on their site now. I am however suspicious of it and I suspect politics are at hand here because Howard is higher on the list than Washington Hospital Center and we all know that's just BS.

http://www.aaoms.org/training_programs.php

For those who don't get sarcasm, this is an alphabetical list by state.