"Ranking" PA Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tony1853

Career Switcher!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is some "ranking" of PA programs, i.e., the top 3 or 5 or 10 programs. I haven't started my PA program yet, and there others here that I can investigate.

For example, do PA's that graduate from the program at Weill Medical College of Cornell University (in Manhattan) get more job offers, higher starting salaries, great initial responsibilities, etc., than one graduating from a school/program of lesser recognition (for example, I intend to enter the program offered by the College of Staten Island (CUNY)/Harlem Hospital Center)? :confused:

Any info/insight/data would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Here is a list & old thread about PA school rankings from U.S. News.

You will see a consensus opinion on what most people think about this ranking list there.

Speak to grads, faculty, current students, & admin from each program. Do your homework & research the programs you are interested in. Visit the program & talk to current students there. That should give you a good gut instinct about the program & if it is a good fit for you.

M :)

tony1853 said:
I was wondering if there is some "ranking" of PA programs, i.e., the top 3 or 5 or 10 programs. I haven't started my PA program yet, and there others here that I can investigate.

For example, do PA's that graduate from the program at Weill Medical College of Cornell University (in Manhattan) get more job offers, higher starting salaries, great initial responsibilities, etc., than one graduating from a school/program of lesser recognition (for example, I intend to enter the program offered by the College of Staten Island (CUNY)/Harlem Hospital Center)? :confused:

Any info/insight/data would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

In my experience and practice, it makes no difference which PA program you went to. "ranking" is a bunch of garbage IMHO. I guess the PANCE pass rate is important, but everything else is just too subjective to mean anything.

Pat

Thanks Pat. Coming out of the biz world, I am used to scenarios under which a city college BS will get you $50K out of college, whereas a Harvard BS will get you $110K out of college...

Regarding pass rate, I know that the Harlem Hospital program I am going into has had a 100% PANCE pass rate in the last 2 years.

hospPA said:
In my experience and practice, it makes no difference which PA program you went to. "ranking" is a bunch of garbage IMHO. I guess the PANCE pass rate is important, but everything else is just too subjective to mean anything.

Pat