ranking prelims on primary ROL

Started by Polymyxin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Polymyxin

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed at 10 advanced positions (ex: Radiology). I ranked those 10 advanced positions on my primary ROL, each with a supplementary ROL containing my prelim preferences.
I was thinking of adding a few prelim positions at the bottom of my primary ROL in case I do no match for my advanced position. Does it make sense to do this? Or, is it better to not list prelims at the bottom of my primary ROL and just reapply for advanced & prelim again next year (in case I don't match). I'd spend that year doing research or something.