Ranklist for fellowship ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Violetta80

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question (I did try to use the search function and found nothing for pathology!)
but I wonder there is something like a doximity ranklist for fellowships? If so - please share it with me!

Members don't see this ad.

This might be a dumb question (I did try to use the search function and found nothing for pathology!)
but I wonder there is something like a doximity ranklist for fellowships? If so - please share it with me!

Fellowship in which specialty? Different places excel in different areas.

I am considering Dermpath (also my research background) or Hematopathology. Thank you!

I dont think such a ranklist would be at all helpful to you tbh. You are trying to 'US News and World Report' top 50 something which is so small, niche and individualized you will remove your natural intuition from the equation and make yourself more prone to an epic mistake.

1.) Find a place you would like to spend a year or so exploring, meeting new meeting etc
2.) Consider a huge majority of fellows end up practicing with a relatively confined geofence of where they do their fellowship so if you hate the idea of living in NY permanently dont do your fellowship there regardless of how good someone tells you it is
3.) Make sure your personality clicks with the faculty in that subsection, this is the perhaps the biggest thing. If you annoy them or they annoy you, its a recipe for failure. Fellowships are very much one on one experiences. I went to grad school, vet school, med school in that order, then went and did residency and fellowship. Fellowships in pathology are most like super small niche grad programs where there is a very select number of faculty you have to mentor you. Those personal relationships are absolutely vital for your career success.

Reputation honestly is almost totally immaterial and used only when all other points above are equivalent in your mind.

Reactions: 1 users