RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah shiz. I'm never going to get into vet school because I AM GOING TO FAIL O CHEM!!!!! :bang::shrug:+pissed+:help:

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FAIL! You are going to kick butt!

Members don't see this ad.

There's a thread in the allo thread about getting a cat for vet school. And some of these 'professional' students are complaining about veterinarian prices. Are they serious? They are complaining about $100 X-rays? How much do they think it costs to run an xray at their fancy hospital that they get reimbursed through insurance for? That stuff really makes me angry. And then the people who are like "oh, well if it costs that much, just put it down and get another cat." Or the people that say "vets will rob you blind." Are you F*ING KIDDING ME?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There's a thread in the allo thread about getting a cat for vet school. And some of these 'professional' students are complaining about veterinarian prices. Are they serious? They are complaining about $100 X-rays? How much do they think it costs to run an xray at their fancy hospital that they get reimbursed through insurance for? That stuff really makes me angry. And then the people who are like "oh, well if it costs that much, just put it down and get another cat." Or the people that say "vets will rob you blind." Are you F*ING KIDDING ME?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do you mean med school? :p

But that kind of attitude pisses me off as well. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
:annoyed:
Three of my eLORS came from the same practice. Two minutes after I got into UF (their alma maters) I called the practice to tell the vets that I got in. The office manager (one of the three eLOR writers) answered and said they were all busy but that she would be sure to tell them right away. That was February 14th.

Today, I get a FB message from the head doctor (owner) asking if I had gotten in anywhere yet because he never heard from me. I could tell he was rather hurt and disappointed that I hadn't kept him in the loop when I DID but the manager decided not to pass it along! :mad:

I explained the situation to him and told him that I appreciate all he's done for me and apologized for not speaking with him directly and that he was the second person I called after my parents lol. I'm just annoyed at the manager. :annoyed:

Secondly, the same vet requested me as a FB friend... he is the most uptight, religious, judgmental person ever, and I just don't need him judging me more for being myself. The day I left his practice to move to NY with my BOYFRIEND :eek: (how dare I move in before marriage), he said, and I swear on my life... "Don't get pregnant and make sure you go to vet school."..... and he was serious.
:diebanana:

Anyway... now I'm worried about not friending him. Do I friend him or not? And for the record, I am not hating on religious people, I come from a HUGE catholic family, but you get my drift.

Three of my eLORS came from the same practice. Two minutes after I got into UF (their alma maters) I called the practice to tell the vets that I got in. The office manager (one of the three eLOR writers) answered and said they were all busy but that she would be sure to tell them right away. That was February 14th.

Today, I get a FB message from the head doctor (owner) asking if I had gotten in anywhere yet because he never heard from me. I could tell he was rather hurt and disappointed that I hadn't kept him in the loop when I DID but the manager decided not to pass it along! :mad:

I explained the situation to him and told him that I appreciate all he's done for me and apologized for not speaking with him directly and that he was the second person I called after my parents lol. I'm just annoyed at the manager. :annoyed:

Secondly, the same vet requested me as a FB friend... he is the most uptight, religious, judgmental person ever, and I just don't need him judging me more for being myself. The day I left his practice to move to NY with my BOYFRIEND :eek: (how dare I move in before marriage), he said, and I swear on my life... "Don't get pregnant and make sure you go to vet school."..... and he was serious.

Anyway... now I'm worried about not friending him. Do I friend him or not? And for the record, I am not hating on religious people, I come from a HUGE catholic family, but you get my drift.

Customize your settings so he can only see certain things.

Yeah... um... duh :oops: I was too worked up to think straight :rolleyes:

Hahah, no problem! I tend not to think straight a lot of the time. I'm still convinced this year out of school has made my IQ drop major points. I keep catching sooo many typos in my posts. It's embarrassing. I feel like I should stop posting...

Hahah, no problem! I tend not to think straight a lot of the time. I'm still convinced this year out of school has made my IQ drop major points. I keep catching sooo many typos in my posts. It's embarrassing. I feel like I should stop posting...

I think we've all had one too many mixed emotions the past 6 months... especially you! It's been a roller coaster for you! :love:

My poor car is getting beat up by nickel sized hail right now :(

My poor car is getting beat up by nickel sized hail right now :(

I read that as "cat" at first. I was confused why you were just letting it happen haha! Hope the weather clears up soon. :(

I read that as "cat" at first. I was confused why you were just letting it happen haha! Hope the weather clears up soon. :(

Same here! Didn't realize it said car until I saw your post! haha

My rant: Life is not fair sometimes.

There was this Guide Dog Foundation collie. He was tiny. Everyone thought it was because he was the runt of the litter, just smaller than everybody else. Everyone was talking about him and how cute he was. Loved by everybody. In his four months, he never grew. We were told he had kidney failure and that is why he stayed that small the entire time. They just put him down a little while ago. It was so sad. I don't really know the girl that had him very much, but I feel so bad for her. He was a great puppy and it's sad to know he's gone now.

:(

Today has been a no good, horrible, very bad day. One thing after another. I can't catch a break.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today has been a no good, horrible, very bad day. One thing after another. I can't catch a break.

:( I'm hoping things get better for you today.

I wish I had the words to describe this latest email from that doctor. Her writing style....was kind of like this....sentence. And I can't leave unless I have something for sure. But she essentially threatened to fire all the assistants/techs because she doesn't feel they are doing their jobs correctly or entering their labs. Because " If you feel like you cant handle this job, there are many more who would love the chance."

She also goes on to say that she's been nice and not been making people responsible because she wants everyone to like her.

Gaahh I had an extremely religious eLOR writting vet say the EXACT same thing to me when I moved in with my boyfriend. He went on to say that he knows when the ladies in the clinic are mentrating because they get "friskier" and so he would know if I was pregnant too. Eww. I hated being in that clinic because of the rampant sexual harrasment, but I learned a great deal about clinical practice, so it was kind of a trade-off. I think those vets are pissed that I didn't send them a thank you note for "getting me into" vet school, but in reality I thanked them when I left and they all made my life miserable while I was there. I also did not ask them to write me a LOR this year because he turned it in the morning it was due last year and made fun of me for freaking out about it. I also didn't get in last year, so I really don't think they can say they are responsible for me getting in.

Gaahh I had an extremely religious eLOR writting vet say the EXACT same thing to me when I moved in with my boyfriend. He went on to say that he knows when the ladies in the clinic are mentrating because they get "friskier" and so he would know if I was pregnant too. Eww.

That's ..... horrifying!!!!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

In the middle of a puppy meeting today I got a call from the campus police. The guy asked if my bf drives a so-and-so truck and if I could give him his number. Apparently he was reported for hitting another car and driving off. Great.. I panicked so much, because he is on probation now, so anything else would be bad because most officers here aren't very friendly to Mexicans.. :(

Hours of talking to my mom, brother (the truck is in his name) and my bf, I finally know what's going on. My brother went to talk to the officer and looked at pictures, etc. Apparently the girl reported the license tag because she knew a red car had hit hers and my bf's truck was the only red car in the parking lot at that time. Really? That's the only reason? Ugh. The scratch is also about 7 inches lower on her truck than there is one on ours. It's a really old truck and has a lot of scratches and dents. So it wouldn't even have matched, because the truck is a lot higher than her car.

Ugh. I'm happy we got it figured out and there won't be any trouble for us, but seriously? Because it was a red truck and no other red car around? If somebody hit hers, they probably wouldn't park right next to her anyways...

Stress acne pisses me off. I'm too old for that crap.:mad:

THIS! makes me SO mad when I get stress acne at my age!!! will it ever END!?

Stress acne pisses me off. I'm too old for that crap.:mad:

That sucks! I hate when that happens! I also hate "I have a fun/important/fancy event occurring" acne

Had a missed call from a 360 area code, washington area code, I got really excited. Then I found out it was a survey call wanting me to do their survey and then I would get a free cruise. :bang:

Had a missed call from a 360 area code, washington area code, I got really excited. Then I found out it was a survey call wanting me to do their survey and then I would get a free cruise. :bang:

That sucks! Pullman is 509 I think :(

Arghhh. One of the students on my rotation this week is...well....for lack of a better word.....hawt. Hawt, hawt, hawt. Argh. Must. Stop. Oogling. Oh, I'm a terrible resident :D No worries, I only look, no touch. I'm a one-man woman :laugh:

Last edited:
Thought my interview for my dog walking gig was this Wednesday. It's next Wednesday. I've been out of school since Friday, home since Sunday. I've got major cabin fever - I'm itching to do something now that I've mostly got my life in order. So, tomorrow SA clinic to ask for a job. If not, I think I'm going to call up an equine vet or something nearby and ask to shadow for a couple of weeks until I can start the dog walking thing and/or possibly the summer camp at the barn. Someone please give me a jobbbbb :bang:

Took my dog in for his annual exam last night. We want to get him in for a dental cleaning cause he has a good bit of staining (luckily it doesn't look like anything has to come our) so we did a nice big panel of bloodwork and a urine analysis since he's going to be 12 in November. Got the results today and it looks like he's heading into very early stage kidney failure. Rechecking his urine in 3 weeks to see what the protein level is like and then when he's under for his dental we're going to get a sterile sample to rule out kidney infection. :(

people who constantly post inspirational quotes as their facebook status. omg.
579236_366711690032430_122560544447547_959663_1287397429_n.jpg

On that note - people who like their own statuses or pictures all of the time! Get over yourself! :wtf:
OR... annoying mother f-ing insecure person...
"Ugh I hate this picture of myself"

Yeah, because I post awful pictures of myself all the time too :rolleyes:

Instead of saying "Hey, you should buy a house and I'll help you in the beginning," my mom should have said "Hey, I'm buying a house, but you can live in it." Ughh. I do not get to make any decisions. At all. I found a great couple to rent one of the rooms, but she doesn't like them because they have a German Shepherd. He's trained very well and is in his crate when the owners are gone. I do not see the problem at all. And she doesn't have to live with us anyways there!

Super lightheaded today. Started a few hours ago while at work, nearly blacked out while sitting down....:confused:

What the hell is going on!?? This is starting to get old really quick.

Super lightheaded today. Started a few hours ago while at work, nearly blacked out while sitting down....:confused:

Take it from the bump on my head, that is NOT good.

SDN is not for medical advice, but are you eating ok? still taking drugs?

:( That sucks DVM! Sounds like a doctor visit is in order for sure.

Arghhh. One of the students on my rotation this week is...well....for lack of a better word.....hawt. Hawt, hawt, hawt. Argh. Must. Stop. Oogling. Oh, I'm a terrible resident :D No worries, I only look, no touch. I'm a one-man woman :laugh:
Oh don't feel so bad...you only stop looking when you're dead-just cuz you're not hungry, it doesn't mean that you can't look at the menu;)

:( That sucks DVM! Sounds like a doctor visit is in order for sure.

I hate doctors, but I think even my usually stubborn self will have to submit this time... It really freaked me out to be sitting down and have the entire room spin and everything go black for a second or two.

Hopefully, they will have an appointment available tomorrow otherwise I can't get in until next week.. :(

made chocolate chip cookies. recipe did not call for salt (and it didnt occur to us that this was missing). said cookies are bland and very much in need of that teeny bit of salt recipes call for normally :(

made chocolate chip cookies. recipe did not call for salt (and it didnt occur to us that this was missing). said cookies are bland and very much in need of that teeny bit of salt recipes call for normally :(

Eh, salt in cookies is overrated. I never add it.

Pharmacology final tomorrow. That is all.

Pharmacology final tomorrow. That is all.

x2.
And I am fully prepared for my grade to drop due to my complete lack of ability to learn this crap :(

Rant: People who bring their dogs into places that sell food, put them on the counter, and let them lick the items on display. Disgusting.

History final tomorrow. Still have 50 years to go through before I can go to bed...

Came home to dog piss, dog shiz, and tiny little pieces of two pairs of my shoes alllll over my house. My dog is never bad! What the hell got into him :mad: