rate and reactant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dencology

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the rate constant dependent on?
a. temp
b. [reactant]
c. [product]
d. density

in Kaplan is says that the all forward, irreversible reactions, the rate is proportional to the product of the concentrations of the reactants. so as temp goes up so as the rate. but what about the reactant?

Members don't see this ad.

A rate of a reaction should be dependent upon both reactant and product as a function of time. Seems to me that the answer can be both.

what is the rate constant dependent on?
a. temp
b. [reactant]
c. [product]
d. density

in Kaplan is says that the all forward, irreversible reactions, the rate is proportional to the product of the concentrations of the reactants. so as temp goes up so as the rate. but what about the reactant?

Things you should know:
There is "Rate" and "Rate constant". Rate constant is only dependent on the temperature, the nature of the reactions, the total surface area, and catalyst. So the concentration of reactants and products won't have any effect on the rate CONSTANT. However, as you mentioned, the rate of the forward reaction = K (rate cons) * concentraion of each reaction to the power of its order
once the reactants' concentration decrease, the forward reaction's rate decreases too. However, the rate constatnt stays the same, because temp is constant.
I hope this helps

Rate constant only depends on Temp..I rw that on Examkrackers plus kaplan..
Rate and rate constant are two different things