Rate you school's environment/social atmosphere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genessis42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there are only around 33 osteopathic schools, I wanted to ask, how do you like the environment & social scene in your schools?

I know everyone's experience will be different. Some of the programs like LMU are in rural areas while some are in more traditional college campuses other Health Profession programs on the same place, and then you have places like Touro that are in NYC.

I was just hoping some of you folks could chime in ;)

Members don't see this ad.

The real question about this, what are you looking looking for in a medical school campus?

Reactions: 1 users
I go to LUCOM. LUCOM is a nice campus in the city of Lynchburg (around 80,000 people so not a small town nor a big city). You have access to main campus’s resources (gym, skiing slope, library, etc) and there are hiking trails near by. The view is spectacular of the blue ridge mountains. The people are amazing. Our class has a Facebook page and a google drive where people upload useful resources they find or study guides they make. Faculty are helpful too. They really care about you as a person and not as a number. Our anatomy lab has windows with a view of the blue ridge mountains. Our OMM faculty are amazing. Some of them literally are like OMM wizards. It is a Christian/Baptist school but I have friends who are all types of Christianity, Muslim, not-religious/atheist, Mormon, etc. We do have a code of conduct that forbids alcohol which many students find annoying. we also have a “business casual dress code” which some students find annoying. We are a new school so that can cause issues. The school is very open to feedback because they are still trying to find “the best way” to do certain things. This also means that sometimes they try new things and they fail. I love my school. However, I know liberty is not everyone’s cup of tea due to the religious background of the school and the code of conduct. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
KCU parties A LOT. I swear first year we spent every other weekend out at the bars (literally huge groups of like 20-40) of us. Second year...not so much.