Rate Your Professors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markt

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was at this site where they rate professors, and I noticed that at many of the osteopathic medical schools, not many of the professors are rated. I think it'd be a great benefit to themselves and to future students if current students used this very valueable tool to rate their professors. Here is the link:

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/index.jsp

Members don't see this ad.

markt said:
I was at this site where they rate professors, and I noticed that at many of the osteopathic medical schools, not many of the professors are rated. I think it'd be a great benefit to themselves and to future students if current students used this very valueable tool to rate their professors. Here is the link:

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/index.jsp

I'm really not quite clear on why rating your professors is important in medical school. You don't get to choose your professors like in undergrad.

Most people use this "rate my professors" site to decide on what professor to take in a particular course.

I don't see any reason why this course would be used to make a decision on a particular school.

Information about students' opinions on professors can be determined on the interview day to the extent that one may need to make a decision about a certain institution.

And this website is used largely to blast professors rather than comment on their skill or experience. I would not put ANY stock in what most of the posters have to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a TA for anatomy at my undergrad institution and I have made my way onto the rate my professors website. I am so proud of myself. HAHA

kumark13 said:
I am a TA for anatomy at my undergrad institution and I have made my way onto the rate my professors website. I am so proud of myself. HAHA

This is so Awesome. I ahve been on that website for almost a year!!!! They said I was really hot!!!! I love it!!!!!

I wonder if they learned anything!!!

electra said:
And this website is used largely to blast professors rather than comment on their skill or experience. I would not put ANY stock in what most of the posters have to say.

I could not disagree more. This sight is not primarily for professor bashing. The majority of reviews I read are of praise for those from whom students gain valuable learning experiences from. I have written perhaps ten reviews; only one of them is negative.

I totally disagree with osudoc too. I think that learning about particular professors will prepare you for their classes, even if you don't have choice of who they are.

The other advantage is that if you find out that a particular department at a given institution is uniformly bad, or a professor for a key class is poor/unfair that you can either choose another institution entirely or take the class somewhere else.

I'm all in favor of anything that increases the ability of the consumer of higher education to make a good choice, and this is one of those tools. After all, we're spending about as much on our degrees as you can on a pretty nice house in some parts of the country.