RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Love car names! Mine are named Wilma and Doug.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
he used to be Helga, lol. Family always had VWs and used stereotypical German names; Olga, Gretchen, Helga. But when I bought him off my parents I started referring to him as male so he needed a masculinized name. :p
My BMW's name is Hilda. But my old Audi is also an Olga :)
All German cars need strong German names

Reactions: 1 user
My Donna is a 21 year old Toyota, 192k miles.

My car is named Methylene..... I am sure you can guess why....

I was trying to figure out how to put his name as my license plate without it sounding like I'm a drug addict.

Reactions: 2 users
Look at these intense golden eyes staring right through you!

Every time I see this photo, it reminds me of the eyes in @DVMDream's avatar.

Great Gray Owl 2017.jpg

Last edited:
First car was named 'Roo, when totaled was replaced with Joey. Just had to sell Joey a couple of weeks ago which was quite sad. Hubs has "The Blueberry". Also had to sell my red and black motorcycle named Francis (ladybug from A Bug's Life). Names for vehicles are essential :)

Jimmy got me from high school --> vet school. Was still going strong but I needed 4WD/more room so I traded him in and upgraded to Toby the Truck. Toby is the truck version of a little old lady's church car. He only gets driven every other weekend and after almost four years, has less than 20K miles on him :-D :-D

Reactions: 4 users
My apartment is slowly starting to come together and so far I'm enjoying being myself. I don't have to rush to put things away and everything goes where I want it to. I also am in the process of setting up a date with a guy from Ireland who went to school where I studied abroad so we have things to talk about!

A rant that turned into a rave....

I ordered pizza at 10:30 and it hadn't arrived by 11:40. It never takes that long, even on holidays/weekends, so I called to ask about my order. Since my wait was "excessive" and my pizza was not going to be very hot when delivered, they refunded my money and gave me the food for free. Woohoo! I love when businesses take the initiative to right a situation before I have to complain or ask for a discount/refund. I would have gladly accepted just an explanation but I'm not one to turn down free food.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My family likes that unoriginal names. My truck (a suburban) is Burban. My de woo nubira was Nubi. The family sibaru was Subi. Dad's pick up is Trucky Truck. Mom's aztek was Goldilocks (cause it was gold). Dad's motorcycles were Bikey Bike and Red Bike. His old boat was Ess Ess Boat Boat.

I'm pretty sure the next dog is going to be named something like Bark or Ruff or something.

My family likes that unoriginal names. My truck (a suburban) is Burban. My de woo nubira was Nubi. The family sibaru was Subi. Dad's pick up is Trucky Truck. Mom's aztek was Goldilocks (cause it was gold). Dad's motorcycles were Bikey Bike and Red Bike. His old boat was Ess Ess Boat Boat.

I'm pretty sure the next dog is going to be named something like Bark or Ruff or something.
I like Ess Ess Boat Boat

Edit: I just realized that it spells it out to S.S. Boat Boat and I like that name a lot more now hahahaha

I like Ess Ess Boat Boat

Edit: I just realized that it spells it out to S.S. Boat Boat and I like that name a lot more now hahahaha

That's definitely why my dad did it that way. ;). Lol

Not vehicles, but growing up my family's animals were all named from appearance. We're a creative bunch, apparently. We had Dinky the shetland pony, Buck the buckskin horse, Dusty the palomino horse, Blondie the palomino horse, Frosty Joe the buckskin horse, Brownie the bay horse, Blaze the chestnut horse with a blaze, Blackjack the black lab, Calico the calico cat, and Spot the white cat with a black spot on its head. Winston is lucky his name isn't Whitey!

Not vehicles, but growing up my family's animals were all named from appearance. We're a creative bunch, apparently. We had Dinky the shetland pony, Buck the buckskin horse, Dusty the palomino horse, Blondie the palomino horse, Frosty Joe the buckskin horse, Brownie the bay horse, Blaze the chestnut horse with a blaze, Blackjack the black lab, Calico the calico cat, and Spot the white cat with a black spot on its head. Winston is lucky his name isn't Whitey!

We have a WHWT at work named Whitey. I cringe every time...

...yeah I definitely had guinea pigs Blackie, Brownie & Hammie, lol.

My first vehicle was named Jeff after my first... first. It was a little Ford Aspire (2 door hatchback) and it tried so hard!

(Honestly, I did some bad ass things with that car. I drove it up 4 wheeler only roads to go backpacking, I fit 8 or 9 people in it to go bowling, I had friends who played a game of seeing if they could block me in and I could always get out because I knew within an inch where all my bumpers were, and the damn thing got near 40 mpg. I worked pizza delivery in college though, and my poor baby puked up all his oil in a random driveway. The engine gaskets all disintegrated and taking it apart to fix it would cost way too much, and I didn't have the tools to do it myself.)

Kittens, man. Why didn't I get one of these little creatures sooner? Lol. So much energy but so much fun.

Reactions: 7 users
For those who've been following my money issues, I finally heard back from the lady in the office who inputs student employment hours. Turns out that the pay rate information for my oncology gig was incorrect so I was shorted at least a few hundred dollars on my last paycheck. It should be resolved within a week or two and I'll be compensated for the money that I was not paid! Thank goodness! :)
That's great to hear!! I'm glad it's all getting fixed!!!

For those who've been following my money issues, I finally heard back from the lady in the office who inputs student employment hours. Turns out that the pay rate information for my oncology gig was incorrect so I was shorted at least a few hundred dollars on my last paycheck. It should be resolved within a week or two and I'll be compensated for the money that I was not paid! Thank goodness! :)
Yay I'm glad things will be resolved! It must be a huge relief for you :)

Glad to hear it was just a misunderstanding :)

I'm engaged :love: and already beyond annoyed with my future MIL...lol.

Reactions: 22 users
For a while, I did not know what "af" meant.

Now ... thanks to MANY of you, I know what "af" means.

Just for fun ... I searched the Pre-Veterinary Forum and discovered that "af" has been posted 246 times - most recently by @Bottle of Bear, @SkiOtter, @Trilt, @finnickthedog and @cdoconn, just to name a few.

Now ... I have become fixated on saying "af" in different sentences, to add emphasis.

Today, I was describing "big af mosquitoes" to some of the residents and they loved my new vocabulary!

So much for higher education! :whistle:

Reactions: 19 users

Just for fun ... I searched the Pre-Veterinary Forum and discovered that "af" has been posted 246 times - most recently by @Bottle of Bear, @SkiOtter, @Trilt, @finnickthedog and @cdoconn, just to name a few.

Now ... I have become fixated on saying "af" in different sentences, to add emphasis.

Today, I was describing "big af mosquitoes" to some of the residents and they loved my new vocabulary!

Just look how educational this forum is :p

lol I like that basically the watering hole gang are the ones who use af. It makes me laugh hahaha

Just look how educational this forum is :p
Hahaha! Yup, I know ... seriously educational af stuff.

FWIW ... when I searched for "af" in the Medical Students Forum, af was used in 167 posts.

So, right now, the Pre-Veterinary Forum is proudly leading the pack by 246-to-167.

The Pre-Vet Med Forum is in 1st Place. Congratulations!

medal.gif
cat-meow-smiley-emoticon.gif
crazy-happy-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Reactions: 3 users
Went out bird banding for the first time this 2017 season. Safe to say I forgot how much I just want to drop out of school and become a full time bander each time I go out there. :love: Best part is migration banding starts in 2 weeks so I will out at a few different sites several times a week for the rest of the summer!

Safe to say I have a solid plan B if vet school doesn't pan out. Everyone there is already trying their best to convince me to throw in the towel right now. :laugh:

I'm being a good little adult. I bought all of my required books and supplies today - except for the iPad. That will be a more painful purchase for later this month.

I'm also a few steps closer to finishing up my summer craft projects. I'm putting an extension on my old desk. After tonight everything will be stained/spray painted and ready to go upstairs for assembly. I'm trying to get everything done by the time I leave my job so I can spend almost two weeks doing relatively nothing before school starts. That time off keeps sounding better by the day.

I just gave my notice at work. Holy cow this is actually happening!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I gave notice at work back when I got accepted in February...I bought Tufts swag online today and that's making everything FINALLY seem real to me!

Reactions: 7 users
Vacation starts in 14 hours...so ready for some time at the north shore!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm officially going to Canada! :D It's been sort of official for a while, but I just bought my tickets so now it's really official. I get to hang out with cool people so you should all be very jealous. :p

Reactions: 11 users
Hahaha! Yup, I know ... seriously educational af stuff.

FWIW ... when I searched for "af" in the Medical Students Forum, af was used in 167 posts.

So, right now, the Pre-Veterinary Forum is proudly leading the pack by 246-to-167.

The Pre-Vet Med Forum is in 1st Place. Congratulations!

View attachment 221062 View attachment 221063 View attachment 221064
YAY WERE BEATING THE DUMPSTER FIRE IN TERMS OF AF-USAGE AND FUN!!!!!!!
ski is energetic af
(I think it's my new mission to say af in at least every post now)

Could be a lot worse, like @DVMDream 's "meta".

Meta af

ski is energetic af
(I think it's my new mission to say af in at least every post now)

Could be a lot worse, like @DVMDream 's "meta".

Meta af
I don't think you can say 'af' in every post. You'll get tired af of saying 'af'. And what happens when you can give no more f's? Will you just post 'a'? What's af without the f - it's worthless af, that's what.

I'm officially going to Canada! :D It's been sort of official for a while, but I just bought my tickets so now it's really official. I get to hang out with cool people so you should all be very jealous. :p
I'm planning to take her into the woods and dismember her.

Jk we are going camping

Reactions: 9 users
I don't think you can say 'af' in every post. You'll get tired af of saying 'af'. And what happens when you can give no more f's? Will you just post 'a'? What's af without the f - it's worthless af, that's what.
She's gonna try hard af to say af at least once per post. I am looking forward af to seeing her try