RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Flights on Saturday went well. Finally back home with my pup and kitties :love: and working on rearranging my room. Dunno what I'll be doing for the remainder of the summer yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Now that I'm an old and crotchety resident, I just seen it as a time consuming project when I could be doing paperwork haha
I could see myself feeling that way in a few years. But right now it's so exciting!

What else is exciting, you ask? I saw my first EG tox today!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just applied for a vet assistant position at an emergency hospital and I think I might actually have a chance at it! My current job is creat, but i usually only work 12 hours a week and it's just research, so I think a little something extra would be a good use of my time for now.
Side Rant: being sick in the summer sucks...I'd rather it be cold than hot when i feel so crappy, and my air conditioner is super broken...

Reactions: 3 users
I just applied for a vet assistant position at an emergency hospital and I think I might actually have a chance at it! My current job is creat, but i usually only work 12 hours a week and it's just research, so I think a little something extra would be a good use of my time for now.
Side Rant: being sick in the summer sucks...I'd rather it be cold than hot when i feel so crappy, and my air conditioner is super broken...
Good luck! I'm the exact opposite - I have a vet job and I'm applying for a research one. ;)

I hope you feel better soon :(

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck! I'm the exact opposite - I have a vet job and I'm applying for a research one. ;)

I hope you feel better soon :(

Good luck! I love my research job- pays pretty well and idk, i like lab work..I can pipet and label crap happily for hours haha

Finished my last overnight as an intern!!! And it was crappy cause I just got home -- full of super angry cats that laughed at kitty magic but were totally outpatient type things and owners who just don't get it no matter how many times you say euthanasia/suspected brain tumor.

Reactions: 7 users
Love it when the boyfriend brings supper to work while I am watching my boss's dogs :)

Reactions: 2 users
I'm going to be in England in 3 days! So excited!!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just returned from the Grand Tetons.

Saw lots of amazing wildlife, including grizzlies with cubs, black bear, elk, a few moose, a few bald eagles and lots of bison with their calves.
Baby bear pictures :heckyeah: ?

Just returned from the Grand Tetons.

Saw lots of amazing wildlife, including grizzlies with cubs, black bear, elk, a few moose, a few bald eagles and lots of bison with their calves.
@PippyPony, @Haxx... I apparently missed a trend!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I went ahead and got my rabies shots through my current insurance even though they kept on not giving me a real answer if they were covering them or not. I figured since we used all of our deductible up with the birth of our child in April, at the very least I'd just be on the hook for the 10% co-insurance. Was still scared they would pull something like saying its not covered at all so deductible isn't looked at and I'm on the hook for the whole thing.

Just saw online they they have processed the first shot and "Member Responsibility" is $0.00!

Reactions: 9 users
I took this photo of the Grand Tetons in Wyoming.

Grand Tetons.jpg

Reactions: 14 users
Well I took these pictures. So there.

gBKu0zO.jpg

qwQAerd.jpg

3oJ30Kp.jpg

@Haxx ... those photos are awesome!

Were you in the Grand Tetons at the same time as me? I, too, packed my own gear and trekked into the higher mountain areas.

Loved every minute of the journey and met a few other trekkers (plus a few ranchers, cowboys and other characters right out of the Wild West).

Were you in the Grand Tetons at the same time as me? I, too, packed my own gear and trekked into the higher mountain areas.

Loved every minute of the journey and met a few other trekkers (plus a few ranchers, cowboys and other characters right out of the Wild West).
I was there last Tuesday through Saturday! It was great. :)

Also, dr s I think your tagging is broken again.....

I just want to let it be known that @Coopah is an amazing person and I really, sincerely appreciate her as a friend. :biglove:

Reactions: 8 users
Also, dr s I think your tagging is broken again.....
@SkiOtter ... You're correct: none of my @ tags are working at all on SDN.

I recently installed Windows 10 and the tagging problem is a hyperlink problem with SDN.

Is anyone else (who is using Windows 10) having the same @ tag problem?

@Haxx ... I was there last week before heading into Jackson. Temperatures at night were between 28F-34F.
Yup. We were on the North fork of cascade canyon so I know the night time temperatures all too well.

Just read hospital board meeting minutes from when I was on vacation and found out that residents are getting a significant raise! (like >10% of our current yearly salary!) Something to do with required salaries for foreign nationals making a big gap between US citizens and those on a visa + my institution was apparently at the lower end for resident salaries anyway. I think it starts next month. It'll only be an extra $200 or so a month, but every little bit helps.

Reactions: 11 users
I just finished the 2nd week of my externship. Spent all day at the CO renaissance fest (and bought gifts for self+my immediate family...sooo much $). Yesterday I trekked a little around the Garden of the Gods (spotted a lizard and a doe!), the Manitou cliff dwellings, and then just walking/shopping around downtown Manitou Springs, downtown Denver the night before that. Weekend before that I visited The Wildlife Sanctuary (and got the best souvenir possible, The Big Egg), and Casa Bonita, ha. We also had a pretty unique case last week which led to me seeing an equine surgical procedure for the first time, and I'm so glad that patient got to live. The staff here are all really supportive and committed to the student interns/externs, so far I've worked alongside vet students from Auburn and CSU. This will be my last work week...I'll be sad to leave, but also happy because I really, really miss my pup and kitties </3

My grandfather-in-law(?) lives really close to Garden of the Gods and we go there every time we visit! :love:

My truck is 20 years old!!! :D

Reactions: 4 users
Small rave perhaps but got plane tickets to visit the fiancee for four days in August. LDR is never ideal, but if we can keep with the visits every month or two, short though they may be...I can handle this.

Reactions: 6 users
Just read hospital board meeting minutes from when I was on vacation and found out that residents are getting a significant raise! (like >10% of our current yearly salary!) Something to do with required salaries for foreign nationals making a big gap between US citizens and those on a visa + my institution was apparently at the lower end for resident salaries anyway. I think it starts next month. It'll only be an extra $200 or so a month, but every little bit helps.

$200/month is a lot when you're a resident!

What a beast. Vehicles that just go forever like that are amazing. I guess I'm about on the same pace as you, just a long ways behind lol. My car is 10 years old with 96k miles.

We've had him since 2009 and have taken really good care of him. Like, anything weird starts to happen and my dad would look at him or, since I'm now 1000 miles from Dad, I take him in immediately. He also only has major breakdowns at convenient intervals so that I can afford to fix him instead of getting a new vehicle.

He's honestly my most important physical item and I'm pretty emotionally attached to him. So I'm hoping he keeps going forever. Lol

I am insanely jealous. Meanwhile, we are cutting an entire service to save money because our budget cuts are so incredibly heavy

My Hagrid is only 16 but he has just under 200k miles and I'm preparing for humane euthanasia soon... makes me sad, I am very fond of him.

I love everybody's car names! My George is almost 10, and we just hit 80k earlier this year. Hoping he's got at least as many more miles left in him!

My Hagrid is only 16 but he has just under 200k miles and I'm preparing for humane euthanasia soon... makes me sad, I am very fond of him.

Hagrid is such a great name for a car. It's always funny to see what people come up with.

My family calls my VW Stubby. A lot of my friends refer to it as The Egg.

Hagrid is such a great name for a car. It's always funny to see what people come up with.

My family calls my VW Stubby. A lot of my friends refer to it as The Egg.
he used to be Helga, lol. Family always had VWs and used stereotypical German names; Olga, Gretchen, Helga. But when I bought him off my parents I started referring to him as male so he needed a masculinized name. :p

I took Monday off of work so I still have two more days of relaxing and, most likely, doing nothing. Yay!