RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sunnex, I think it would be more offensive to people getting bad news if you WEREN'T so happy! You deserve it. :claps:

absolutely, girl. you earned it!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Emiloo, i'm totally with you on that one. looking out for other people gives you a chance to stop focusing on yourself (and your faults, strengths, what you did wrong, etc). It's soooo nice to have people that know EXACTLY what you are going through... :p

K9DANE you so totally rawk! :highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

My dogs hate me and are officially plotting to kill me. Love it! :love:

400343_10100116322755171_11010971_44244915_2118321600_n.jpg

384006_10100116319072551_11010971_44244902_931202813_n.jpg
= "OMG, WTF IS ON MY HEAD?!? You. Will. Die. "

Oh, Cowagirl, your dogs are supercute in the santa hats. My dogs are so naughty they won't wear any cute stuff for more than a few seconds while I hold them on (of course, they're still big puppies so they might warm up to the idea as they get older). Anyway, so cute!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can go in circles for hours until you have so many windows open, your browser explodes. :)
Giggity giggity:D You really are like a :ninja:
is it OK for me to rave about how i am soooooooo glad to find out i will definitely be a vet, no matter what happens?
You rave whenever you want. SDN, I love you, man.

<--- totally rawked out a 4.0 in what has been my most difficult and trying semester ever (including orgo I) :D
Damn. Bout time you got some good news:D
My dogs hate me and are officially plotting to kill me. Love it! :love: "OMG, WTF IS ON MY HEAD?!? You. Will. Die. "
I LOVE THE ANIMAL....FUN. :rofl:

AW, I'm so glad I took an almost 24 hr hiatus from SDN. The good news explosion makes my heart warm. Maybe there will be a Christmas miracle afterall.

For me, I'll take a visit from my favorite dog nephew (hopefully I see him TOMORROW!). He's just the cutest individual in my life right now. I LOVE HIM (I wish my other dog nephew would come home from Switzerland. I miss him so much!)

One of the rules of the internet - NEVER read the comments. Ever. It could be a story about how a 5 year old girl hugged a litter of puppies and magically brough them back to life and there'd STILL be ******* comments.

Obviously this doesn't apply to every single person that leaves comments, but most of those people have nothing better to do than sit there and argue all day with people they have never met, and about things they have no clue about. It's really funny on political articles lol. And then it turns into everyone insulting each other.
Not that I have much room to talk since I'm on SDN everyday ;)

My dogs hate me and are officially plotting to kill me. Love it! :love:

400343_10100116322755171_11010971_44244915_2118321600_n.jpg

384006_10100116319072551_11010971_44244902_931202813_n.jpg
= "OMG, WTF IS ON MY HEAD?!? You. Will. Die. "
Haha you know they're thinking "just wait until you fall asleep..."

I got my xmas gifts early from my bf, and it's friggin amazing! A new GPS, a gift certificate to Vicky S, and drum roll..............................

A huge assortment of gourmet beef jerkeys (and some turkey jerkeys, and even bison and venison jerkeys)!!! He was so right when he said it would be the best gift e-v-e-r! I'm really not into gamey meat (have a hard enough time with lamb), but once they're jerkied, they all just taste like beef! num num num

And tonight is the night I've been waiting for forever! Fondudue at the melting pot!!! Gruyere and fontina here I come!

Last night, after I heard about my kitty's heart condition I wanted to cheer her up so I cooked steak with stuffins and veggies with garlic chips for dinner (for me and bf that is). I cut a strip for my kitty and boiled it in beef broth in the microwave. She got to do her favorite thing in the world, which is to hoard treasures in front of her and swat other cats in the head when they come a-sniffin. It's like whack-a-mole, except with like 3-4 whacks at a time on one head. She loves to feel special and mean like that. I did give the other cats a couple little pieces though.

By the end of this week I'ma end up with a heart condition myself if this keeps up, but for now, all is well in the world.

That's so awesome, Minnerbelle :thumbup:
It's really amazing what a pick me up can do. Food and lingerie? Yes please. Hold on to that there bf ;) and yah- the closest fondue place to me is an hour away. I haven't had the pleasure of trying it out yet. keep indulging- 'tis the season!

I'm also really sorry to hear about your kitty :( Sounds like you're doing the right things to make her happy, which in turn, will make you happy... hold on to those special moments!

3 days until I get to see the engineer that I have been crushing on for 7 years. :love:. I promised him I would run up and give him a kiss when I first see him. So the pressure is on. Oh well. After 2 months of long messages and flirting, I cannot foresee anything going TOO badly. *knocks on wood*

3 days until I get to see the engineer that I have been crushing on for 7 years. :love:. I promised him I would run up and give him a kiss when I first see him. So the pressure is on. Oh well. After 2 months of long messages and flirting, I cannot foresee anything going TOO badly. *knocks on wood*

Good luck :luck:

Pleeaaassee do it and then tell us about it. I'd totally do that if I was in your situation. I'm all for that.

oy...wish i had the courage to do that with the vet intern that i'm majorly crushing on right now. oh well, i can dream right? :rolleyes:

good luck with your "endeavors" though ;)

Members don't see this ad :)

:thumbup:I love a good love story :biglove: go get 'em, girl!!!!! :woot: :xf::luck::xf:

Thanks. :D. I will promise I will report back with juicy details.
Sunnex... read about the intern crush. Get on with it already. ;).

I am sooo happy to know that no matter what happens with the rest of these vet schools....I finally have an acceptance and that I am going to be a VET!!!! Not having to worry about applying again or think of a plan B is such a HUGE relief!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I am sooo happy to know that no matter what happens with the rest of these vet schools....I finally have an acceptance and that I am going to be a VET!!!! Not having to worry about applying again or think of a plan B is such a HUGE relief!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Wahooooooo, DVMDream!! So happy for you!!! :) Hopefully I'll be in your shoes before this whole mess is over. :laugh:

My RAVEEEEEEEEE-
1) I know that no matter what I'm going to be a vet
2) I got a 4.0 for the first time in my life.... meaning I'm gonna graduate Magna Cum Laude in May (so long as I don't seriously **** it up with like a 3.0 next semester- which I suppose is possible as I'm taking my last two classes for my physics major)
3) I just had a really good ride on my mare and she's coming back to school with me for my last semester
4) The Intercollegiate Dressage team I captain is tied for first in our region and could go to nationals!!!!!!!!

Just made a 148-track Glee playlist on Spotify :love:

Hit the gym today for the first time in 7 months. :) Darn it felt good...tomorrow is going to be quite painful.

I am sooo happy to know that no matter what happens with the rest of these vet schools....I finally have an acceptance and that I am going to be a VET!!!! Not having to worry about applying again or think of a plan B is such a HUGE relief!! :D:D:D:D:D
:thumbup::thumbup:
Just made a 148-track Glee playlist on Spotify :love:
:biglove: SO GLAD THERE IS ANOTHER GLEE FAN!!!! download the 2 christmas albums! it will totally make you smile!

(btw, i also have a HUGE glee playlist on spotify. i love it to death :love:)

I don't watch Glee, but there are some awesome songs! I do have to say though that I think that Adele's Rolling in the Deep sounds terrible on Glee. I do not like their version. Maybe that's just me though. Besides that, I do enjoy the music when I hear it.

Last day of work for a week!!!! And first year I get to spend Christmas with my SO.

I'm moving! Finally an end to the roommate stares of death and a place for me and fiancee to just be ourselves.

And the best part? My lease allows cats! I can finally get a kitty of my own. I spent my entire volunteer shift at the shelter on Tuesday thinking about it. So many lovely cats who need homes. But which one is THE cat? Well, I've got time to let one pick me :D

I'm moving! Finally an end to the roommate stares of death and a place for me and fiancee to just be ourselves.

And the best part? My lease allows cats! I can finally get a kitty of my own. I spent my entire volunteer shift at the shelter on Tuesday thinking about it. So many lovely cats who need homes. But which one is THE cat? Well, I've got time to let one pick me :D

That is soooo exciting!! Have fun picking out your new friend!

What a great present to yourself, a new little furry friend. Such fun getting all the kitty gear (litter box, bed, food, toys, scratching post)...enjoy!

Get two!!! :D

Finally figured out how to put up an avatar... here's my Santa Paws!

If I don't get a job with a vet or shadowing position next summer, I already know that there will be a vet waiting for me in Germany to shadow him. It's nice to think that I can get some hours in for sure, because I have nothing else so far.

yay i'm so excited for you! i'm planning on getting a cat too when i get to school next fall...i'm waiting for the blood donor kitty at the hospital i work to be done with her year and then i'll take her. she's a DMH with white/gray fur and her name is zoe :) she likes to give hugs...literally she'll put her paws on your shoulders. she also drools when she's happy. she's special :love:

here's my rave -- making snickerdoodle cookies today with cinnamon buttercream frosting in christmas shapes to bring into work tomorrow :)

I AM FULL OF COOKIE DOUGH

om nom nom nom nom nom

:biglove:

i'm about to be full of snickerdoodle cookie dough + frosting + garlic bread (not at the same time though).

and we're finally decorating our (tiny) christmas tree tonight :)

My cousin was sworn in to the NYPD today. What a great Christmas present! We're all so proud of him, he's worked hard to get there. Just wish his Dad was here to see it.

Can you work where I work tomorrow, especially since I am surgery tech and we have a very busy surgery schedule tomorrow.

wish i could DVMD :rolleyes: you totally deserve one too -- congrats again! :D

i work as a tech in the ER/ICU...hoping it won't be too busy tomorrow. our sx department is definitely going to be busy though.

i just finished making them and they are delicious! didn't have a mixer at home though so couldn't make the frosting.

i'm pretty sure they're gonna be gone tomorrow before i can even eat one :laugh:

After working 28 hours in just 2 days (2 jobs and 70 hour work weeks) , I am sooooo ready for Christmas vacation and to see my family for the first time since August.

No more 3:30 am milkings until the New Year! Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:
I miss working in the ER/ICU/SX .... :(

you mean you miss the crazy 13 hour shifts that run over, and getting called in when you're on call, and the times when you have like 6 patients to take care of AND incoming triages? and the vomiting/diarrhea dogs around christmas time? :rolleyes:

jk i do actually really love my job :)

and the vomiting/diarrhea dogs around christmas time?

Oh man, we're already starting to get very interesting "Your dog ate WHAT?!" phone calls at work!! The worst is when they call like 6 hours later. :eek:

wish i could DVMD :rolleyes: you totally deserve one too -- congrats again! :D

i work as a tech in the ER/ICU...hoping it won't be too busy tomorrow. our sx department is definitely going to be busy though.

i just finished making them and they are delicious! didn't have a mixer at home though so couldn't make the frosting.

i'm pretty sure they're gonna be gone tomorrow before i can even eat one :laugh:

Thanks. And congrats again to you! Just be sure to eat one of those delicious cookies for me (that is if you can get one before they are gone)! :D

I AM FULL OF COOKIE DOUGH

om nom nom nom nom nom

:biglove:

My mom was making cookies last night. A) She did not want my help when I offered and B) she did not want me to eat said cookie dough because I could die (something bout flour is evil blahblahblah Yeast?! um...no...). ..........I see the grounds of your argument and I know you love me, but COME ON! This holiday's going to be hard enough not eating TONS of cookies. :laugh: Oh life :biglove:

Brother should be home in the wee hours of the morning like he was on Thanksgiving. Why? He's a workaholic at Gizmodo. Where will I be? Probably where I was last time. In the car. With my dad. Waiting at the bus station. Without a warm beverage. And yearning for some delicious fatty McDonald's. Hopefully no fire alarms this time;) :laugh::xf:

It is snowing! Halifax had one snowstorm early December and that has been it until today. So excited, I love snow near Christmas :love:

My cousin was sworn in to the NYPD today. What a great Christmas present! We're all so proud of him, he's worked hard to get there. Just wish his Dad was here to see it.

:bow::bow:

Please extend my congratulations to the newest member of one of the best patrols in the nation! He joins a long line of excellence and I'm sure that his dad was looking down upon him and smiling. Hopefully right next to my grandfather who I swear shows up on a regular basis in spiritual support.

It is snowing! Halifax had one snowstorm early December and that has been it until today. So excited, I love snow near Christmas :love:

*looks out window* You're RIGHT. YAAAAAY SNOW!!
There was a slight chance I am going on a date today. I hope the snow does not interfere.
Do not remind me of that first snow storm.
First snow = waiting over an hour for a bus that runs every 30 minutes + no bus shelter + frost bite + hypothermia
I had to call my roomate to pick me up. He got out and realized he had no snow tires on the car. We had to go a super long way home because we live on a hill. So what would normally would have been a 10 minute ride by car or 30 minute ride by bus, took roughly 2 hours for me to get home.
That snow storm taught me that it is not worth going to the university for one piddly little class.

There was a slight chance I am going on a date today. I hope the snow does not interfere.
Don't let that stinkin' snow stop you. Cuddle for warmth :laugh:
Trematode said:
First snow = waiting over an hour for a bus that runs every 30 minutes + no bus shelter + frost bite + hypothermia
:eek::scared: You okay???

Along the same lines: my reaction to that snowstorm - "Happy Christmas! I mean, Halloween! I mean...HallowChristmasnot?" :laugh: