RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just don't have a picture of yourself using it as your profile picture on FB, doing some split leggy in the air type thing, in underwear and heels, and then wonder why people are accusing you of being a stripper.

This is a problem a friend of mine has - I don't have the heart to tell her that yeah, I would think she was a stripper too. Buh.

lol i've already done it- but basically all my FB people know about my love for pole (especially my 'pole friends')

... but the people in my old apartment building probably thought I was a stripper when I was bringing it up to the 6 th floor where I lived...

I'd basically stopped pole-ing while I've been away from home, but my bf got me one here while I'm at my home away from home... long story short- small town goss travels like wild fire as we all know... so in the process of him getting my christmas pressy custom made (at the local engineer shop) the entire town now knows of my city girl hobby. lol :laugh:

It doesn't really bother me though- people can think I'm a stripper and I can think they're ugly.

What other work out consists of wearing sexy heals and hair flipping?... i <3 my pole!!

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing like galloping across an open field on a cool morning. :]

Today I was able to tell the vet that I have known for the past 6 and 1/2 years (since I was 17 years old) and who has written me 3 letters of recommendations over the last 3 years that I was accepted into vet school. This vet has taught me everything; he took me from the shy, quiet 17-year old who knew nothing to who I am now: confident, outgoing and experienced. I owe him so much; without him hiring me I would not be where I am today. He is super excited and is planning on throwing a party for me once I know for sure what school I will be attending. :)

That is awesome!!

From an addict to another, that's why we're in this game of vet med. I love your rant-RAVE :biglove:

Share some holiday cheer and miracles with someone! Bringing cookies to the truck dispatch where I work was the best feeling last night. Love me my truckers:love:

3 weeks inbetween classes and I should be spending it winding down, catching up, etc...etc... Nope, picked up more hours at the clinic and an opportunity to shadow at the large SPCA in Newport News so I can experience shelter medicine. (LOVE the vet down there too...laid back, compassionate, willing to explain everything...) Fellow addict here!

As for truckers... "if you bought it, a trucker brought it." My Uncle was a trucker & hauled everything from retail to livestock. Muchos gracias for the mutual respect of the kings of the road. :highfive:

Members don't see this ad :)
My rave: my Christmas present should arrive today! *anxiously awaits the ringing of the doorbell by Mr. Fedex man*

3 weeks inbetween classes and I should be spending it winding down, catching up, etc...etc... Nope, picked up more hours at the clinic and an opportunity to shadow at the large SPCA in Newport News so I can experience shelter medicine. (LOVE the vet down there too...laid back, compassionate, willing to explain everything...) Fellow addict here!

As for truckers... "if you bought it, a trucker brought it." My Uncle was a trucker & hauled everything from retail to livestock. Muchos gracias for the mutual respect of the kings of the road. :highfive:

:biglove: I'd consider trucking as an extra job. I already drive with a trucker mentality :D Now I wow people with my truck knowledge. :laugh: Freight services are essential, yo!

Hope your Christmas present is awesome, K9Dane! Now that my laptop is fixed, I'm back on my mission of paying my bills AND ordering a shiny new, relatively priced voice recorder for vet school. All of my other presents involved warmth. Got a nice insulated snow vest, an Underarmour jacket that I'm living in 22/7, down mittens and fuzzy, grippy socks. Yay for simplicity!!!

Trial horse is here!

What a DREAM! Walked off the trailer like it was nothing. Stood and watched a UPS truck fly into the driveway and just twitched an ear, sniffed around his new stall and started eating, walked in front of all the other horses (all older than him and not acting nearly as mature!) without batting an eye....I am in love. Will be very disappointed if the vet check doesn't come up clean.

DSC_0273
DSC_0268

not a conformational shot - just want ya'll to see his cuteness. ;) (confirmationaly he is pretty good- butt high because he is a baby and slightly straighter stifles than ideal....good shoulder, back, knees, feet)

Trial horse is here!

What a DREAM! Walked off the trailer like it was nothing. Stood and watched a UPS truck fly into the driveway and just twitched an ear, sniffed around his new stall and started eating, walked in front of all the other horses (all older than him and not acting nearly as mature!) without batting an eye....I am in love. Will be very disappointed if the vet check doesn't come up clean.

DSC_0273
DSC_0268

not a conformational shot - just want ya'll to see his cuteness. ;) (confirmationaly he is pretty good- butt high because he is a baby and slightly straighter stifles than ideal....good shoulder, back, knees, feet)

WOW, he's gorgeous!!! I hope the vet check comes back clean and that you get along with him super well!

Trial horse is here!

DSC_0273
DSC_0268

yeah heylodeb, he is gorgeous! :love:

hope the vet check goes well :xf:

i miss riding so much these days...so jealous of you to be honest :)

Thanks, guys! He's munching away on his hay right now content as can be and I'm fighting the urge to not sleep in the barn! :p

He's so pretty. Good luck with your new buddy.

yeah heylodeb, he is gorgeous! :love:

hope the vet check goes well :xf:

i miss riding so much these days...so jealous of you to be honest :)

WOW, he's gorgeous!!! I hope the vet check comes back clean and that you get along with him super well!

what a cuuutttiiieeee heylodeb!

Still thinking of a name?

lol... how about Butterbeer... then it combines both Harry Potter themed and drink themed (Starbucks) eh heheh.

:thumbdown:

Gorgeous & congrats! I hope all works out for you!

:biglove: I'd consider trucking as an extra job. I already drive with a trucker mentality :D Now I wow people with my truck knowledge. :laugh: Freight services are essential, yo!

Hope your Christmas present is awesome, K9Dane! Now that my laptop is fixed, I'm back on my mission of paying my bills AND ordering a shiny new, relatively priced voice recorder for vet school. All of my other presents involved warmth. Got a nice insulated snow vest, an Underarmour jacket that I'm living in 22/7, down mittens and fuzzy, grippy socks. Yay for simplicity!!!

The doorbell rang-eth, and I opened my box-eth to find my shiney new iphone-eth! I am now a member of the smart phone society; however, I feel like I've been reduced to a bumbling idiot. Siri no speak-a English (although I've been told if I converse with her more she'll warm up to me.)

Oh, and I thought it would be cute to set the ringer to "bark." Umm, until it rang (err, barked) for the first time, and all 5 of my hound-doggies decided to answer back. I thought it was funny, but the rest of the humans in my abode did not share my humor. :oops:

Love, love, love fuzzy socks! I go through them like crazy! & I'm jealous...I have down slippers and down jackets and down comforters, but I've not found a pair of down mittens!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, guys! He's munching away on his hay right now content as can be and I'm fighting the urge to not sleep in the barn! :p

Oh boy is he handsome! I have a weakness for bay TBs as evidenced by the one in my avatar. :D I love his sweet face and kind eye. You must keep us posted on him!

The boy was accepted into Duke's MBA program so he'll be moving down in July! Over three years of a LDR - it is definitely possible! :D

That is really awesome! You must be so excited!!

My rave is not that exciting, but I can't wait to try out the new crockpot. My fiance and I have decided to try 2 new recipes a week (and with the 7-person crockpot, we'll have plenty of leftovers).

WOOT! That's great, NK!

He's munching away on his hay right now content as can be and I'm fighting the urge to not sleep in the barn! :p
If we swapped places, I'd sleep in the barn. :hungover: Along the lines of my morbid sense of humor: Amada/Avada. Cadaver. (Inappropriate.....:oops:)

Siri no speak-a English (although I've been told if I converse with her more she'll warm up to me.)

Oh, and I thought it would be cute to set the ringer to "bark." Umm, until it rang (err, barked) for the first time, and all 5 of my hound-doggies decided to answer back. I thought it was funny, but the rest of the humans in my abode did not share my humor. :oops:

Love, love, love fuzzy socks! I go through them like crazy! & I'm jealous...I have down slippers and down jackets and down comforters, but I've not found a pair of down mittens!

K9- I'm from Asia. We speak Machine. We drive on the wrong side of the road. ;) I would drive my family bonkers with that ringtone (and my animals too! :laugh:). prolly good I don't have a Smartphone. I get enough "Stop speaking gibberish! I can't tell if the cats are meowing or if that's you. Go outside like a good girl and play." A word: woof. I'm really hoping to FINALLY go skiing or some winter sportage this weekend. Or in the near future. I've been living in my new Underarmour jacket and my down mittens WHICH I CAN drive in because they have glove separations inside. WIN :biglove:

The doorbell rang-eth, and I opened my box-eth to find my shiney new iphone-eth! I am now a member of the smart phone society; however, I feel like I've been reduced to a bumbling idiot. Siri no speak-a English (although I've been told if I converse with her more she'll warm up to me.)

I just joined the e-reader society. It is too technologically advanced for me. :laugh:.

My rave is not that exciting, but I can't wait to try out the new crockpot. My fiance and I have decided to try 2 new recipes a week (and with the 7-person crockpot, we'll have plenty of leftovers).

Crockpots are the best thing ever. The end.

That is really awesome! You must be so excited!!

My bastardized version of this is seriously one of the best things I feed myself. yum. yum. yum.

Crockpots are the best thing ever. The end.

True story! I'm getting hungry thinking of all the things I can make now! I'm awful at actually making food. I really should take lessons from my mom and sister, but the crockpot is a start.

=
K9- I'm from Asia. We speak Machine. We drive on the wrong side of the road. ;) I would drive my family bonkers with that ringtone (and my animals too! :laugh:). prolly good I don't have a Smartphone. I get enough "Stop speaking gibberish! I can't tell if the cats are meowing or if that's you. Go outside like a good girl and play." A word: woof. I'm really hoping to FINALLY go skiing or some winter sportage this weekend. Or in the near future. I've been living in my new Underarmour jacket and my down mittens WHICH I CAN drive in because they have glove separations inside. WIN :biglove:

Husband's name: Danny

Me to Siri: send Danny a message
Siri: I'm sorry, to whom do you want to send a message?
Me: Danny
Siri: I'm sorry, please repeat your request
Me: Dan-ny
Siri: I still did not understand you
Me: DAN-NY!!
Siri: I'm sorry, I still did not understand you

Me: opened up the message box and typed my own damn message

She speaks clear English but evidently, I do not. LOL! I'm actually having fun with her. I no longer have to argue with myself, there's a perfectly good voice inside this box-o-technology to argue with me. :D

My bestest friend from undergrad flew down here today to spend 5 days with me. AND we're going to New Orleans tomorrow for 2 days to celebrate the New Year! <3 :D

Happy 2012/aka end of the Mayan calendar! I will be ringing in the new year in quiet this evening. Tomorrow's fun day! :D :hardy: Honestly, 2011 has been a bit disastrous. I'm rather looking forward to 2012.

It's FINALLY NEW YEARS EVE!
I have a hot date and a hot dress (http://www.reitmans.com/Electric-Bl...0&cgid=Dresses&prefn1=silouhette&prefv1=Women). I wish I had paid that price for it though.
Sushi, drinks and partying will be had.
Hoochy mama. I love that dress! It's so bombdiggity poppin'! :biglove: Have a great night!

She speaks clear English but evidently, I do not. LOL! I'm actually having fun with her. I no longer have to argue with myself, there's a perfectly good voice inside this box-o-technology to argue with me. :D

I'd meow and see what happens. Teehee:laugh: I get a kick out of technology. Yet, my favorite is the shuffle on my iPod. It knows my music karma better than anyone else (even me!)

I have 25 minutes left on the last graveyard shift I have to work until September! It also happens to be the last scheduled weekend shift as well! As the least senior dispatcher I have been constantly on graveyards 9:30pm-7:30am for the last three years, I can't wait to have weekends that align with my friends and to put away my blackout curtains for a while.
I also achieved all of my resolutions from 2011 (minus getting in to vet school, that is) plus I met a wonderful guy and got my first pet who is all my own. Pictures to follow when I can get her to sit still, she's a grey/brown tabby cat from the shelter I work at. (They named her "Vincie" yeah, gonna change that when she gets around to telling me her real name.)

All of these good things make up for having to work Christmas eve and New Year's eve, and all the other things I missed out on with my family and friends while working graves. Onward into a new chapter!

I have 25 minutes left on the last graveyard shift I have to work until September! It also happens to be the last scheduled weekend shift as well! As the least senior dispatcher I have been constantly on graveyards 9:30pm-7:30am for the last three years, I can't wait to have weekends that align with my friends and to put away my blackout curtains for a while.
I also achieved all of my resolutions from 2011 (minus getting in to vet school, that is) plus I met a wonderful guy and got my first pet who is all my own. Pictures to follow when I can get her to sit still, she's a grey/brown tabby cat from the shelter I work at. (They named her "Vincie" yeah, gonna change that when she gets around to telling me her real name.)

All of these good things make up for having to work Christmas eve and New Year's eve, and all the other things I missed out on with my family and friends while working graves. Onward into a new chapter!

That all sounds awesome!:thumbup: Good for you! :) I know what it's like to work nights and weekends. I worked Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's as well this year... and every year since I was 15:cool:. Some people just don't understand how hard it is to work weekends when you can never see anyone you care about! Congrats to you! Hopefully your 2011 vet school resolution will come true this year :D. Better late than never!

Congratulations on the end of graveyard shifts and the new kitty!

this isn't even english to me.....anyone have a translation?

"I am/hang out with stoners and had a good time last night which I am relaying to you via a marijuana metaphor"

"I am/hang out with stoners and had a good time last night which I am relaying to you via a marijuana metaphor"

Lol. I was trying to figure out what hockey teams she was talking about. haha. Oh. I am so sheltered, lol....

I am so relaxed and stress free, it's amazing.
Had a wonderful afternoon drinking pomegranate margaritas with one of my favorite people.
Now switching to wine and sitting outside with a roaring fire and a good book.
Planning a few day trips for this week - hiking, maybe camping, a trip to the zoo and few OKC sites.
I have no complaints :love: Just wish classes werent starting so soon!

Oh yeah, and I think I finally found a site to act as an amateur portfolio of sorts- I think it will work for now. http://ashleydemeophotography.tumblr.com/

Last edited:
Stunning photos, Cowgirla -- beautiful! Pomegranate margaritas don't sound at all bad right now :)

So, you know how it's recommended to shadow at a vet's office, and if a postion opens up they could hire you? Well that totally happened to me and I didn't even expect it! And since I'm only able to volunteer one day a week because of my full time job, they are hiring me to pretty much do what I do now as a volunteer one day a week.

woop woop!

So, don't give up hope everyone :)

OK, catching up a touch...

Deb: He is bee-u-ti-ful!! :xf: all goes well!

Kaydubs: One of my best friends literally grew up in a rig - her mom is a trucker! They are awesome folks.

Box: Congrats on getting off the graveyard & wknds at once! :clap: I worked every wknd for 4.5 years & a good friend of mine worked 3rd shift for the same period. We totally lost track due to it, so I'm totally thrilled for you. Enjoy getting to know the real world again! But be prepared - it's a bit of a small shock.

Cowgirla - I keep getting a 'server is too busy' screen. You're one popular gal. Hope to see your pics soon!

Anyone I've forgotten... yay!

Now for my rave: Finally took my LAST animal nutrition exam today (OK mail is slower than molasses - yikes!) & I'm not taking a class this semester! This is my first 'free' run in over 3.5 years. I'm looking forward to reading for fun, watching TV, and spending time @ the gym w/o guilt. Yippee!!

Cowgirla - I keep getting a 'server is too busy' screen. You're one popular gal. Hope to see your pics soon!

!!

Well, thats good to know. I decreased the number of photos that appear when the page first loads, so hopefully that will help? If not, I'm in the market for another free site that can handle super giant photo file sizes lol

Accepted at Ohio State, I couldn't be happier right now! :soexcited:

I may be going to Cavalia tonight. I know a girl that works in the stables and she could get me tickets for $30 each. They are usually at least $70. Very excited for this!

...if the bf makes it home on time...

I'm vegging on my couch with my kitty, watching hockey and munching on dry cereal without having to worry about squat other than where the puck is. Life is good. :D