RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So sadly the ring was way too big and he had to go back to the store. They didn't have the same one again, but he got one that I love even more! It is gorgeous! I will post once I get a good picture of it.

So you are saying you traded out for a smaller stone?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if the stone has changes, the whole ring is apparently more expensive though ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so excited to wear it. I will probably get it next week. :)

Rave: I finally have access to a REAL computer. WHOOP!!!! :biglove: I can finally check SDN to its full capacity! I even got to sleep in today!!!:D

That ring is beautiful, PetPony! congrats, lovey!!

Mini rave - 124.1lbs today. Total of 5.4lbs down!
:highfive: Way to go, Coquette! That's awesome :D

It's like I'm a real girl with real friends! Moral of the rave is that I made a new friend who I really like, had a blast, and I'm super happy about it. Plus I got a new friend that likes PONIES.
:thumbup: Yay!!!! If the stars align with vet schools this cycle, may we be friends possibly?

But, BEST thing about turning 25? This text from my Dad:
"Happy Birthday! 25 years ago you were the best Valentine gift ever, and still are! Have a great day!"
cutest text EVER - happy belated birfday & Valentine's Day!!! :biglove:

Here's my rave: Glad to see Kaydubs back here with all her enthusiasm. Where've ya been?

My rave? All of you.

I have had the day from the 9th circle of hell... Feeling lousy, dejected, rejected (not from v school thankfully or I would have probably lost it completely), and have been in tears (not my style at ALL) on and off all day due to the happenings in my life. However, when I got home and looked to curl up into a pathetic ball on my couch I found that my cell phone was still hooked into SDN from early this morning. You guys took my mind off of things and got me to smile for the fist time today. Who needs valium when I have you? THANK YOU!!

PSs -

Pet Pony - congrats!! :D
Box - happy belated birthday!! :hardy:
Kaydubs - a real computer? Way to go!! :woot:

wow petpony, i'm late with this but HUGE CONGRATS!!! (and i'm secretly jealous too haha) i know what a great relationship you two have and i'm really happy for you! :)

Aww thanks! It's a little rough sometimes, but nothing we can't work through! :)

I have a bad picture of it, so I'm really excited about seeing the actual ring too! :3

I'm a little late as well ( these past two weeks have been a little crazy) but a huge congrats to you PetPony. The original was a beautiful ring, so looking forward to seeing your new one. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an 84 on my immunology test that I thought I completely bombed. :)

Good job! I love it when you do much better than expected. I had that in chem last week and I was so relieved after that. Made my day much better. :)

I'm on the way to the large animal hospital to shadow again. The vet is only gonna be there for two more weeks, but I already found another one to shadow after hat! :)

Super excited - I have a phone interview this morning for a Territory Manager position with Hill's Pet Nutrition.

Wish me luck! :)

Nine months. I have maintained 55lbs of weight lost for nine months. This year at interview I will be wearing a suit that is three sizes smaller than last year's.

Heck that's a second rave. INTERVIEW but yeah, I'm pretty stoked about the weight thing too.

Good luck Jamrockin! :)

Congrats BearKat! It's such a relief to kick ass on a test when you're concerned about the results. So yay!

Nine months. I have maintained 55lbs of weight lost for nine months. This year at interview I will be wearing a suit that is three sizes smaller than last year's.

Heck that's a second rave. INTERVIEW but yeah, I'm pretty stoked about the weight thing too.

Wow, that's an amazing accomplishment!!! :thumbup:
Wearing a suit that's much smaller must feel awesome! Great job, FTB! :D

Last edited:
My boyfriend and I are 'rescuing' 3 crayfish from an abandoned house. So excited!

Yesterday we met on the road while driving in opposite directions, and he surprised me with FISHES!!!!!!!!! Aw he's so sweet I love him!!!!!!!

Just hope the crayfish don't eat the fish fish.

:love:

I'm excited to get this:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Iznh9VbsY[/YOUTUBE]

:love: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Best wishes, Jamr0ckin - show 'em what you're made of :) FTB: you da bomb! That is soooooo beyond awesome. Yay for 2 raves :D Props to BearKat17 - that's always one of the best feelings!

Kaydubs - a real computer? Way to go!! :woot:
Here's my rave: Glad to see Kaydubs back here with all her enthusiasm. Where've ya been?

:biglove: Aw, LMMS & Bisbee, after today's not so rave-ness, you make me want to cry happy tears. I'm finally home from my trip to Disney World where cheerleaders were running amuck. I was limited to my iPod for SDN.

LMMS, hopefully today was better - I think I took your place in the 9th circle....:thumbdown:

I had an orgo exam Tues that I thought I did pretty poorly on. I didn't REALLY know how to do any of the problems, but felt like I either made some really educated guess or really didn't. Anywho, we got the exam back today and I got a 96!!! I've never been so excited about an exam grade. I DESPISE organic chemistry. I hate it more than I have ever hated a class ever. I took orgo one with the same professor last semester and never got above a 74 on an exam. The average on this exam was a 56, I may have even had the highest grade in the class.
Other rave: We had a french bulldog c-section today, which is always fun! I'm always the one to suck out faces, clamp, cut and tie umbilical chords. It was a really easy c-section, all the puppies started screaming almost immediately. We ended up with 4 really healthy little puppies. Overall, it was a pretty darn good day!

I got to watch a few horse castrations today and help care for a premature foal. She was adorable and I wish her the best of luck. I get to come in the next three days also! I love shadowing there! Everyone is so nice!

That's awesome! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

I got to watch a few horse castrations today and help care for a premature foal. She was adorable and I wish her the best of luck. I get to come in the next three days also! I love shadowing there! Everyone is so nice!

were they actual castrations or that interesting sterilization technique we just learned about where they leave the testicle but "deactivate" it?

They were actual castrations with the emasculator. I'd love to learn about that sterilization technique though! That sounds really interesting!

Lowest number that I've seen on the scale in 3 years this morning! Total of about 14 pounds lost so far. I still have a long ways to go but I'm hoping I can keep moving in the right direction.

Great Job! Just keep thinking of those skimpy clothes of summer!

Thanks everyone! I should be hearing back within 7-10 business days - right around when UTK sends out interview invites.

:xf:

My friend who teaches in an elementary school told me yesterday: My students' journal question today was "If you could do one thing to make a difference in the world, what would you do?"" One kid's response: "I would free all animals... especially horses. :)" A little unfounded, because I don't know where all the animals used to captivity would go and how they would survive... but still so cute I cried, haha. Why I want to be a vet ♥

I finally signed up for my gym membership and I am so stoked to start going. All of you on here who are doing so great with your weight loss /healthiness, etc. are inspiring!

And also late -- Congrats Pet Pony, that is very exciting news and I can't wait to see the picture of your new ring.

Omfg I made red beans and rice today, and it is so good.

I got lots of studying done, went to the gym, and cleaned up my house a bit. If only all of my days were like the weekend...

Omfg I made red beans and rice today, and it is so good.

I got lots of studying done, went to the gym, and cleaned up my house a bit. If only all of my days were like the weekend...

Like! Haha. I did laundry, rode two horses, and went out to Thai for dinner! :D

This. Sorry 'bout your loss, Flyers fans. :D

I think I am only Flyers fan here, so this must be directed at me. Was definitely one of the stranger games I've yet to see. Completely over-managed by the refs. Phantom calls on both teams. Pretty nasty, physical game all around. Love that. Didn't get to watch the third period, but the first two were exciting. Philly once again has a goalie controversy. :smack: Hopefully these two teams match up at some point in the postseason. First round most likely. Would love to watch another best-of-seven battle of the Keystone state rivals. Cheers!

I think I am only Flyers fan here, so this must be directed at me. Was definitely one of the stranger games I've yet to see. Completely over-managed by the refs. Phantom calls on both teams. Pretty nasty, physical game all around. Love that. Didn't get to watch the third period, but the first two were exciting. Philly once again has a goalie controversy. :smack: Hopefully these two teams match up at some point in the postseason. First round most likely. Would love to watch another best-of-seven battle of the Keystone state rivals. Cheers!

Agree 100% with everything here! A post-season meetup would be fantastic!

I had an awesome weekend! Starting at 4:30pm on Friday, I spent pretty much my whole weekend at the LA Hospital here. There are so many things I got to see. I watched a septic stifle and a ruptured bladder surgery, went on rounds with the students and got to help with feeding and doing minor treatments (hot packing etc.). There is an awesome group of people there! Everybody will explain anything I ask about, I was offered to watch surgeries anytime I want,... I absolutely love it! Greatest time I've ever had!

I've been waiting and trying for a while now to find a place that let me shadow. I am happy now that nobody else would take me, because then I wouldn't be here. It couldn't have worked out any better!

..I'm exhausted though.. Homework now and then off to bed. I'm trying to sleep as much as possible tonight because I might be on foal watch Monday and Wednesday night. Adorable baby we have right now!

I had an awesome weekend! Starting at 4:30pm on Friday, I spent pretty much my whole weekend at the LA Hospital here. There are so many things I got to see. I watched a septic stifle and a ruptured bladder surgery, went on rounds with the students and got to help with feeding and doing minor treatments (hot packing etc.). There is an awesome group of people there! Everybody will explain anything I ask about, I was offered to watch surgeries anytime I want,... I absolutely love it! Greatest time I've ever had!

I've been waiting and trying for a while now to find a place that let me shadow. I am happy now that nobody else would take me, because then I wouldn't be here. It couldn't have worked out any better!

..I'm exhausted though.. Homework now and then off to bed. I'm trying to sleep as much as possible tonight because I might be on foal watch Monday and Wednesday night. Adorable baby we have right now!

teaching hospitals are the best! :)

my rave: saw 2 cases of suspected botulism toxicity today at our hospital. yes they are housemates. one was discharged and went home, the other is still laterally recumbent and can't move at all other than to lick or open his eyes. totally crazy. can't wait to get a status update when i work tues and thurs night