RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I went sledding! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted to the foal and colic team and will be working tonight 11p-3 and Thursday morning 3a-7a. I love not having class Tuesday and Thursday to do stuff like that! More time with the baby I fell in love with at the hospital. :)

I got accepted to the foal and colic team and will be working tonight 11p-3 and Thursday morning 3a-7a. I love not having class Tuesday and Thursday to do stuff like that! More time with the baby I fell in love with at the hospital. :)

Those are some hours! I think it'll be fun, but you will be tired for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's why I chose the nights before the days I don't have class or work. That way I can sleep afterwards. :)

Had an awesome mini vacation with my boyfriend this past weekend. It's nice to get away for a few days, talk over issues, and just stare at each other. :love:

That last part sounded weird.. But if you are in a long distance relationship, you'll understand!

I just taught my guppy how to take food from my hand.

Project agility fish is underway!

:thumbup:

Got invited for an interview for a lab technician position with Merck!!! Hoping it works out because it's 2nd shift so I'd still be able to intern at the clinic that laid me off in case I end up not going to vet school this year. Also, the pay is kind of awesome. Also got a call about a potential other lab job so hopefully something will work out.

:thumbup: this is awesome! :)

i always wanted to join foal watch and stuff like that but the timing never worked out :( glad to see you're able to get some cool opportunities at school though!

Got invited for an interview for a lab technician position with Merck!!! Hoping it works out because it's 2nd shift so I'd still be able to intern at the clinic that laid me off in case I end up not going to vet school this year. Also, the pay is kind of awesome. Also got a call about a potential other lab job so hopefully something will work out.

Have you heard back from the other place yet?
Congrats on your interview! I work in pharmaceuticals and love it! And yes, the pay is pretty nice! ;)

Have you heard back from the other place yet?
Congrats on your interview! I work in pharmaceuticals and love it! And yes, the pay is pretty nice! ;)

Well, the thing I had last week was the skill assessment for the lab technician job with Merck and now I've been invited back for an interview, so I'm hoping it goes well. I got the message from the the other lab later during the day when I wasn't really able to take a break at the clinic, so I haven't been able to call them back about it. I'll probably leave a message tonight or call them early in the morning. Hopefully I'll have a chance to talk to them tomorrow even though I'm volunteering at an equine practice all day.

Well, the thing I had last week was the skill assessment for the lab technician job with Merck and now I've been invited back for an interview, so I'm hoping it goes well. I got the message from the the other lab later during the day when I wasn't really able to take a break at the clinic, so I haven't been able to call them back about it. I'll probably leave a message tonight or call them early in the morning. Hopefully I'll have a chance to talk to them tomorrow even though I'm volunteering at an equine practice all day.

Oh ok, gotcha. Great news! Congrats! :) Keep us updated!

Had an awesome mini vacation with my boyfriend this past weekend. It's nice to get away for a few days, talk over issues, and just stare at each other. :love:

That last part sounded weird.. But if you are in a long distance relationship, you'll understand!

hahaha looove it. I can't wait to sit and stare at the bf in two weeks :D

Members don't see this ad :)
hahaha looove it. I can't wait to sit and stare at the bf in two weeks :D

The last deployment my BF went on, Skype barely worked and his microphone didn't work at all, so we would literally stare at each other and giggle :laugh:. We made it through almost 3 years of long distance, sometimes 6 months at a time without seeing each other. I'm hoping we can do it again... now that he has a new computer ;).

I think I am only Flyers fan here, so this must be directed at me. Was definitely one of the stranger games I've yet to see. Completely over-managed by the refs. Phantom calls on both teams. Pretty nasty, physical game all around. Love that.

Being an ice hockey referee is actually pretty damn tough and I am much, much less critical of them than I used to be now that I am an official and have that perspective. And the higher you go, the more you are called upon to use judgment rather than calling things strictly by the book, so there are obviously going to be more "controversial" calls that people may disagree on. Either way, have some respect for the stripes. ;)

Being an ice hockey referee is actually pretty damn tough and I am much, much less critical of them than I used to be now that I am an official and have that perspective. And the higher you go, the more you are called upon to use judgment rather than calling things strictly by the book, so there are obviously going to be more "controversial" calls that people may disagree on. Either way, have some respect for the stripes. ;)

I was a soccer referee for 8 years, so yes, I agree with Nyanko... give us a break. You don't always see what we do lol.

Emiloo, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I thought you broke up with your bf? You don't have to answer if you don't want to...

Emiloo, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I thought you broke up with your bf? You don't have to answer if you don't want to...

Yep, I did. I have been living at his aunt and uncle's house the past week, but things are starting to look up. He actually used the words "I think I'm an alcoholic" which is a huge step! (He thought it only meant people who sat on their couches every night drinking a bottle of liquor, he didn't realize it also meant drinking once a week to the point of blacking out! :idea:). Apparently the nutrition course he is taking just so happened to have a lecture on alcohol the day after I left (thanks crazy universe :)) and he said it really opened his eyes. Obviously I'm not falling back into things immediately, and I am not naive enough to just take his word for it. I want to see him prove all the things he promised he would. But we'll see. I told him I'm leaving in six months and that I won't continue a relationship that I am 100% confident in. He has a lot to prove until then. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but I know him finally seeing that I'm not afraid to get up and leave really hit him hard. I think I "threatened" it too many times without going through with it. His whole family and all his friends told him he's an idiot lol.

Like I said, I am not dumb enough to believe things will be all rainbows and cotton candy soon, but I do see it going in the right direction. He knows he is screwing up more than just our relationship with his problems. He made a rather concrete plan of what he needs to do differently which he's never done before and I was actually quite impressed. I am sitting aside with the mind frame that he's not gonna prove me wrong, but secretly hope he will :oops::xf:. Either way, I'm not stupid, so don't worry about me getting all naive and caught up in the moment. I've been through way too much crap in my life to believe all that again! ;)

Wish us luck! :luck: I know everyone only got to hear bad things about him on here, but he's a pretty awesome guy when the alcohol is out of his hands! Let's hope it stays out! :D

Edit: I also need to add that he finally admitted his mother is crazy and has it out for me, and he promises to have my back from now on, whether I'm right or wrong. Very comforting :)

I totally understand what you mean by only making him look bad on here. I noticed that about my posts here in the beginning, too. My bf must have looked like such a jerk. But he really is the sweetest guy ever. I have never been treated better by anybody else. He would get me a star if he could. I absolutely adore him.

Pet Pony - I'm glad you asked Emiloo about that because it struck me, too.
Emiloo - Glad to hear hat things are going better. But please, please be careful. They tend to say the things they know you want/need to hear. I know how hard it must be after the years together, though. Hard to be the one to turn your back...makes you feel mean or something, you know? And when they say the right things, it's hard not to be encouraged and even happy and wonder if this isn't going to be the big turn-around you've been waiting for. Anyway, don't get back in or commit yourself to anything (except vet school) at this point. It's on him, not you.

Oh ok, gotcha. Great news! Congrats! :) Keep us updated!

Thanks and will do! Only bummer is that the interview is when I was supposed to be on a bus to PSU to visit the bf for State Patty's Day. Guess I'll be driving up later that night ( and spending more money...womp) or taking the bus as early as I can on Saturday. But can't really complain too much since I need the job if I want to continue being able to visit in the first place. Time to practice for some interview questions again!

Orca - I have to say that I so admire you for working so hard despite the setback at Penn. You are going full steam ahead with all your plans and making life happen for yourself. I hope you still get in and get to go to vet school this year. But if you don't, all that you are doing is certain to gain you success next time around. I am so rooting for you. You are an outstanding person here on SDN...somehow the admissions committees don't see what we all see here (yet).

Orca - I have to say that I so admire you for working so hard despite the setback at Penn. You are going full steam ahead with all your plans and making life happen for yourself. I hope you still get in and get to go to vet school this year. But if you don't, all that you are doing is certain to gain you success next time around. I am so rooting for you. You are an outstanding person here on SDN...somehow the admissions committees don't see what we all see here (yet).

Agreed. Orca = tenacity.

Agreed. Orca = tenacity.

Geeze guys, I'm touched. If there was a blushing smiley, I would be using that right now. Thanks for the support and kind words. =)

I have a date with my bed at 3:30. We haven't spent much time together lately, so I am very excited for some quality time. :)

I'm loving the foal kisses and cuddle time I'm getting on my foal watch!

:love: Got a job got a job got a job got a jooooobbbbbbbbb! :love:
:soexcited: :soexcited: :soexcited:

Edit: A job that pays me to do veterinary stuff. With ~500ish hours of vet experience, all unpaid, this is amazing to me. I'm totally going to beast this biochem quiz with happiness.

Last edited:

Edit: A job that pays me to do veterinary stuff. With ~500ish hours of vet experience, all unpaid, this is amazing to me. I'm totally going to beast this biochem quiz with happiness.
YAAAY!!!!! Congrats!
also "beast this biochem quiz with happiness' *snerk* sounds fun.:smuggrin:

I told you that you'd be exhausted!

I wasn't actually that tired when I got done. Maybe because I was so scared because of one of the machines acting weird (see rant). I stayed up another hour before I went to bed. This morning was hard though because my bf called at 8. Hahaha

Pet Pony - I'm glad you asked Emiloo about that because it struck me, too.
Emiloo - Glad to hear hat things are going better. But please, please be careful. They tend to say the things they know you want/need to hear. I know how hard it must be after the years together, though. Hard to be the one to turn your back...makes you feel mean or something, you know? And when they say the right things, it's hard not to be encouraged and even happy and wonder if this isn't going to be the big turn-around you've been waiting for. Anyway, don't get back in or commit yourself to anything (except vet school) at this point. It's on him, not you.

I know. Like I said, I'm not that dumb, naive girl that some of you might think I am lol. I am not moving back, and he knows that everything he said to me will mean nothing until it's actually proven. Don't worry, I promise I'm not flimsy and blinded by love ;). Been there, done that. It does nothing but put you in a deeper hole.
Things are not magically better, they are just possibly headed in the right direction.
Honestly, I feel like I have nothing to lose because no matter what I'll be in vet school in 6 months, with or without him, and happy for my future either way! :D
Thanks for worrying, but don't, I got this! :cool: I promise I won't sell myself short. I deserve better, and I won't settle for less.

So VERY happy for you! You deserve it! :D

wooohooo congrats :) :thumbup::thumbup:

WAHOOO!!!!!!!! that's awesome news - congrats, Trilt! :highfive::woot::hardy: Best of luck - and you better have beasted the quiz!!

Congrats Trilt! Your hard work paid off for your quiz and job search!

The baby at the clinic is doing great! And because I can't talk about details, I just wanna say she's such a trooper and I love to see all the little improvements she's making! :)

Thinking about that makes me whole day better. I love being pre-vet, because I'm on the way to becoming a vet and making a difference in a creature's life, like I get to see the vets do right now, is what I want to do!

I'm glad to hear that the baby is ok. I hope you know that what happened was never your fault, regardless. :love:

I know, but it still made me feel bad because it was fine before and then messed up all of a sudden. I was scared that maybe when she was thrashing around, she messed a tube up or something when I tried to hold her down like I was supposed to. But everything got checked and was fine. :)

tumblr_lzrjpgbslS1r98oo7o1_500.jpg

My raves for the week:
bottle feeding 10 day old puppies :love:

Paid off a credit card :D

YAAAY!!!!! Congrats!
also "beast this biochem quiz with happiness' *snerk* sounds fun.:smuggrin:

So VERY happy for you! You deserve it! :D

wooohooo congrats :) :thumbup::thumbup:

WAHOOO!!!!!!!! that's awesome news - congrats, Trilt! :highfive::woot::hardy: Best of luck - and you better have beasted the quiz!!

Congrats Trilt! Your hard work paid off for your quiz and job search!

I love SDN. :love: Thanks guys!

(And yes, I did, indeed, beast the biochem quiz. Or at least I think so!)

Complicated rave:

So the clinic that I used to work at offered me a temporary position. Our one surgery tech gave her two weeks notice and is done on March 2nd. I'll probably end up taking it because I can't really pass up a job since I don't know what's going to happen with my interview on Friday. Which is the rave part, but it is also now a slightly sticky/complicated situation. Since it's only temporary, I know they're going to be looking for someone who is actually certified and fully trained and I'm scared I'm going to be the in exact same position I'm currently in two months from now. And if I decide to go to Glasgow, I really need to be working until pretty much the day I leave. I also don't want to screw them over because I know how much they need help, but I know that if offered the lab tech job with Merck, I'll be taking it. Gahhh. I asked if I could think about it just because I was caught off guard, but I think I pretty much have to decide by next week. Hopefully they'll still want me when I explain all this to them.

i'm taking repro phys this semester, and i love it! i hated the hormone stuff last year, because i really didn't understand it. but with all the information in this class about how everything is interconnected, i'm really starting to love it!
and, i got a 95% on our first exam! :soexcited:

Is this like breading your cat?

Bahahaha. Just googled this.
So that's what my cat has been trying to hint that she would like every time she tears open a bag of bread...

Will report back with findings.

3 vomiting/diarrhea puppies in past 2 days... 0 parvo positive dogs.... 3 better dogs after GI meds.

Yay for no Parvo!

Disney Pandora. I am not getting any sleep tonight and it really helps keeping me up! Gotta do chem homework until I start foal watch at three. Done at 7 and then off to work at a livestock show!