RC and PAT more difficult on the 2019 DAT???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The thinker guy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have heard some rumors that the 2019 Dat is more difficult in the RC and PAT sections then it has been in the past. Has anybody taken the DAT in 2019, and can relate? Were your scores relatable to your Bootcamp scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t have first hand experience. But I have seen a number of people on here and on BC group mention that their PAT was harder than BC this year. I would recommend PATBooster for the PAT. I have seen nothing but great reviews for their PAT this year!

DAT will get harder over time. With more resources available, I think DAT test makers will use THOSE resources and twist them up. Think about old vs new MCAT. New MCAT has more subjects and I heard it got harder. DAT will be the same in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
Free wifi brings up a very good point. These exams are always adapting to stay relevant and achieve their goal of separating students based on their test taking ability. Because of this, students who are also adaptable are ones who have set themselves up for success! The resources available for these standardized exams will always attempt to replicate the exams they were based off of but with every any addition or modification to the exams, the resources will face an inherent lag. Nevertheless, any good resource will continue to update their material periodically to ensure the most representative material.

Members don't see this ad :)
As if RC wasn't already hard enough. This is really ridiculous.

I feel like them making RC harder and harder, is like weeding out people whose English is their second language or people who are slow readers.

Which is unfair, I am capable as the next person, but I will never be as good as fast as someone who talked and read English since he/she was born.

I took it end of January. PAT was very similar to Bootcamp and I got 22. RC was like reading textbook and I got 29. I do not think they are that difficult, honestly. RC was very easy compared to BC. Maths surprised me though because it was more difficult than Bootcamp.

I took it end of January. PAT was very similar to Bootcamp and I got 22. RC was like reading textbook and I got 29. I do not think they are that difficult, honestly. RC was very easy compared to BC. Maths surprised me though because it was more difficult than Bootcamp.

I took the test in 2018 and RC was easier than Bootcamp.

I wrote the 2019 DAT and the PAT was definitely harder now than the Bootcamps PAT. I would say the PAT on the real exam was the same difficulty level as PATBooster or slightly easier. Then again, everyones exam is slightly different so I would recommend preparing for the worst case scenario.