RC section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laurasmith

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you have any suggestions about how to improve my RC score. I got a 15 on the RC section and I will be taking the DAT again in nov.
How should I study for it?
In the DAT Should I read the passage or the question first?

Members don't see this ad.

When I was reading through the passage I made a little table of contents and wrote down a couple keywords in each paragraph. It makes it a lot easier to find which paragraph corresponds to a question. I wouldn't try to get to much detail in the first time you read it. Just skim it to make your table. I got a 24 using this technique. Hope this helps.

laurasmith said:
I was wondering if you have any suggestions about how to improve my RC score. I got a 15 on the RC section and I will be taking the DAT again in nov.
How should I study for it?
In the DAT Should I read the passage or the question first?

I read the first paragraph, then the first sentence of each paragraph and then the whole of the last paragraph. I then read the questions, it was easy to find the answers because I was familiar with the subject of each paragraph. It worked for me.. but each person is different. I got a 21

Members don't see this ad :)
I skimmed over the article in 30 seconds....really brief just to get an idea of what it was about. Then I just started in on the questions. I picked a key word from the question and then scanned the article for the key word and read a few sentences before and after. I am sure this method wouldn't work for everyone but it worked extremely well for me. RC was my highest score.

I didnt read anything. Read the question, and skimmed the reading looking for the keywords of the question. I didnt practice any RC at all, and made a 20 using this technique. I think reading the passage or the questions wastes time, b.c unless you have photographic memory, you will forget 90% of what you read.

I used the same technique as Wolfpackgrl and scored a 27.

I did what Adamlc18 did and got a 24 on that section