RCSI interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaneM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have my interview for RCSI next week and I was wondering all you guys that have done the interview could you give me an idea of what sort of questions they were asking you. DId they try to catch you out at all?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey JaneM!

It seems everyone I talked to had a slightly different interview experience. In general they ask the same questions - but overall the direction of the interview was based on your answers. Just make sure you know your CV, know how you have learnt from your experiences and how they have led you to the career path you have chosen. If there are any "anomalies" on your transcript, make sure you can explain them. Be honest though.
My interview was very relaxed and quite informal. They didn't ask me any specific questions, it was more of a chat than anything else. Make sure you keep it lighthearted but focused at the same time. You'll probably be interviewed by Dr. Winser and one other person (Mr. Curtis?). They are both very nice people and they are not out to trick you or anything.
I walked out of the interview feeling that I had not discussed everything I wanted to discuss, but that's just me... in the end I guess things turned out alright...