Quantcast

RCSI Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamer00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
hi,
I have an interview for RCSI coming up and was hoping someone could help me out by telling me what kind of questions are asked - i'm very nervous :oops: Thanks in advance!

-- dreamer00

medgirl20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't do an interview because Irish undergrads get in through the CAO which is completely points based however this is what I've heard from my friends who've interviewed.

Why do you want to do medicine?
Probably the hardest to answer I know I want to so medicine but I couldn't tell you exactly why it's a combination of so many things. :p

Why Ireland?/Why RCSI?
Again hard to answer most people tended to go with the learning experience / experiencing different cultures etc.

It really depends on who you get interviewing apparently some of them have a conversation with you and you come out of it saying was that really an interview while others are very formal. They tend to discuss your past college experiences and your extra-curriculars.

Then the infamous How do you plan on paying for your education? or some variation on that theme.

Also have a bit of prep done about recent medical stories stories about Ireland etc from the newspapers one of our lectures was expressing his amazment at the no of candidates he interviewed who couldn't have a conversation about current affairs.

As I didn't interview and am going off second hand info I'll defer to those who did.

Good luck with the interview

dreamer00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey! thank you so much - that was a lot of help! i will definitely keep up with the current affairs. btw - how do you like RCSI? once again, thank you so much for your help!

medgirl20 said:
I didn't do an interview because Irish undergrads get in through the CAO which is completely points based however this is what I've heard from my friends who've interviewed.

Why do you want to do medicine?
Probably the hardest to answer I know I want to so medicine but I couldn't tell you exactly why it's a combination of so many things. :p

Why Ireland?/Why RCSI?
Again hard to answer most people tended to go with the learning experience / experiencing different cultures etc.

It really depends on who you get interviewing apparently some of them have a conversation with you and you come out of it saying was that really an interview while others are very formal. They tend to discuss your past college experiences and your extra-curriculars.

Then the infamous How do you plan on paying for your education? or some variation on that theme.

Also have a bit of prep done about recent medical stories stories about Ireland etc from the newspapers one of our lectures was expressing his amazment at the no of candidates he interviewed who couldn't have a conversation about current affairs.

As I didn't interview and am going off second hand info I'll defer to those who did.

Good luck with the interview

Ratan1982

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
they ask basic questions about why you like medicine, money, and mostly questions based on your specific application

The interviewers can be tough though, so beware. don't be intimidated like i was. speak proactively and confidently

hope this helps