Poznan University of Medical Sciences - PUMS 6 years MD exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pjpjpjpj

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am in process of applying to PUMS (6y MD program) and would like to know a little bit what to expect on the exam and interview? anyone took it recently? what is the acceptance rate? what do you think of questions on test and interview?

Members don't see this ad.

The best advice I can offer you is not to attend PUMS or any other overseas program. If you want to be a doctor in the U.S. attend a school in the U.S. PUMS does not have any financial aid, clinical placements in the U.S., and the residency placement rate in the U.S. is 60%. This figure is on the PUMS website (Sdn will not allow me to post the link, but please you can look for yourself). If you apply and take the exam, I'm sure they will take you. They will say whatever to get you in and then make you think that you're getting the better end of the deal. I went there for a semester; it's a horrible place. The teachers have a poor grasp on the English language (they are all Polish). The lectures are filled with stutters and long pauses and teachers attempt to find the right words. Some teachers even openly make fun of English MD students because of the low residency rate. You may think studying overseas is a good idea because of the low tuition, but you are gambling on finding a residency in the U.S. and you would ultimately be gambling on your education. You're young. Let me offer you some advice. If it sounds too good to be true, that's because it is.

I was born and raised in Poland so I don’t mind Polish professors. I talked to many people who graduated from PUMS and they didn’t have problems getting into residency in US... how long ago did you attend PUMS? Do you remember anything specific about the exam to share?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello

I am in process of applying to PUMS (6y MD program) and would like to know a little bit what to expect on the exam and interview? anyone took it recently? what is the acceptance rate? what do you think of questions on test and interview?
Hi, did you get accepted? I interviewed and I am excited to start the 6 year program in the Fall 2018

Hi, did you get accepted? I interviewed and I am excited to start the 6 year program in the Fall 2018

Hi, was the interview hard and what did they ask, i am stressed and my interview is in July.

Reactions: 1 user