RCSI Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jocks

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Looks like the long wait is over, I just received an e-mail from RCSI inviting me to an interview in Toronto. Good luck to everyone else, and post when you find out any news!

Cheers,
Jocks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I just got mine. I should be happy, but it poses a bit of a dilemma...
I am currently in Brazil, had planned to fly from here to England where I'll have an interview at the U of Leicester Feb. 20th, then come back here and go to Argentina in March where I was going to teach English. There is no way I could afford all of this along with a flight to Toronto as well. Do you guys think they might be willing to interview me in Ireland when I head out for the Leicester interview (I was planning on hopping over to Ireland to check out the schools anyway)? Any advice? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
dlformiga1 said:
Hey, I just got mine. I should be happy, but it poses a bit of a dilemma...
I am currently in Brazil, had planned to fly from here to England where I'll have an interview at the U of Leicester Feb. 20th, then come back here and go to Argentina in March where I was going to teach English. There is no way I could afford all of this along with a flight to Toronto as well. Do you guys think they might be willing to interview me in Ireland when I head out for the Leicester interview (I was planning on hopping over to Ireland to check out the schools anyway)? Any advice? Thanks!

An email never hurt I think they'll probably be interviewing Irish graduates around that time so they might be able to fit you in

And if I"m right, they don't interview potential UCD students right?

v-man said:
And if I"m right, they don't interview potential UCD students right?

I applied to UCD as well, so it looks like they might.

If you applied through the Atlantic Bridge Program UCD will not be interviewing you.

You can receive acceptances to all of the schools. RCSI is the only school that will actually interview North American applicants. UCC, UCD and Trinity send acceptances without conducting interviews.

Dr.Doom said:
You can receive acceptances to all of the schools. RCSI is the only school that will actually interview North American applicants. UCC, UCD and Trinity send acceptances without conducting interviews.

LOL...ok so I totally misinterpretted that post. Ya, the Atlantic Bridge confirmation e-mail states that UCD/Trin/UCC simply tell you whether or not you get in while RCSI interviews. Sorry about the confusion.

Cheers,
Jocks

Jocks said:
LOL...ok so I totally misinterpretted that post. Ya, the Atlantic Bridge confirmation e-mail states that UCD/Trin/UCC simply tell you whether or not you get in while RCSI interviews. Sorry about the confusion.

Cheers,
Jocks

Hey,

First of all, congratulations on the interview. I was wondering if you could tell us WHEN the interviews are being held.

Also, if you don't mind, could you post your stats. If you don't want to, then that's totally fine too.

Take care and best of luck to everyone out there.

Aks47

aks47 said:
Hey,

First of all, congratulations on the interview. I was wondering if you could tell us WHEN the interviews are being held.

Also, if you don't mind, could you post your stats. If you don't want to, then that's totally fine too.

Take care and best of luck to everyone out there.

Aks47

Intereviews are held Feb. 7 & 8th in Toronto. Thanks to the anonymity of the internet, any embarrasment over my stats is dampened :p
GPA = 3.3 (ish) that's OMSAS converted
MCAT = 33P

Look forward to seeing everybody interview day.

Cheers,
Jocks

those stats are not bad at all; GPAwise I'm with you, but MCAT: 32 O. When are you going to interview? I wasn't able to change my interview to Ireland, so I'm on the 7th in the afternoon, in the t-dot. By the way, the chances of getting a spot after the interview are very very good, so I've been told by a very reliable source.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jocks said:
Intereviews are held Feb. 7 & 8th in Toronto. Thanks to the anonymity of the internet, any embarrasment over my stats is dampened :p
GPA = 3.3 (ish) that's OMSAS converted
MCAT = 33P

Look forward to seeing everybody interview day.

Cheers,
Jocks
Did you apply to UCC? I think everyone with a MCAT over about 32 got in. 33P will get you into UCC for sure.

dlformiga1 said:
those stats are not bad at all; GPAwise I'm with you, but MCAT: 32 O. When are you going to interview? I wasn't able to change my interview to Ireland, so I'm on the 7th in the afternoon, in the t-dot. By the way, the chances of getting a spot after the interview are very very good, so I've been told by a very reliable source.

Reliable source being Mr. P Nealon? I kind of got that impression too. I'm scheduled for tuesday afternoon as well. I'll probably just catch a train down to Toronto in the morning.
To Sage880, I ran the gauntlet and applied to all 4 schools. So hopefully UCC pans out as well.

Cheers,
Jocks

dlformiga1 said:

Reliable source being Mr. P Nealon? I kind of got that impression too. I'm scheduled for tuesday afternoon as well. I'll probably just catch a train down to Toronto in the morning.
To Sage880, I ran the gauntlet and applied to all 4 schools. So hopefully UCC pans out as well.

Cheers,
Jocks

I got an email from RCSI for an interview in NYC on the 5th. good luck to everyone!

Good Luck all of you!

I'm looking forward to wishing you a "Cead Mile Failte" (100,000 welcomes) to RCSI and Ireland in October. :luck:

Gary, MSIII RCSI

Jocks said:
Hey Guys,

Just found out that RCSI is starting to offer a 4-year program for those with degrees. This is definately something I'm going to bring up during the interview. Here's the link:

http://www.rcsi.ie/admissions/How_to_Apply/Graduate_Appliations/index.asp?id=1237

Cheers,
Jocks
Hey

The link you posted is for the EU applicants. The non-EU says this:

4 Year Course
Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculation and must present competitive scores in the MCAT. Official College transcripts, MCAT score cards and three reference letters are required.

Sounds like they are basically treating it like a typical 4 year NA school admission.

Yeah, I read that too actually, but just assumed it was a mistake on the website or something, don't know why. That would definitely be something worth considering...

it is coming in UL are setting up a graduate med school witha a 4 year degree so they were under pressure to start one too

Howdy Folks,

I just want to wish everyone luck for tomorrow and the next day. I look forward to seeing some of you tomorrow, I'll be the guy aimlessly wandering around the Prince Edward lobby until my interview starts.

Cheers,
Jocks