-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
RCSI Interviews
Started by Jocks
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
M
Mike MacKinnon
hey congratz to you!
I wish you luck!!
I wish you luck!!
Hey, I just got mine. I should be happy, but it poses a bit of a dilemma...
I am currently in Brazil, had planned to fly from here to England where I'll have an interview at the U of Leicester Feb. 20th, then come back here and go to Argentina in March where I was going to teach English. There is no way I could afford all of this along with a flight to Toronto as well. Do you guys think they might be willing to interview me in Ireland when I head out for the Leicester interview (I was planning on hopping over to Ireland to check out the schools anyway)? Any advice? Thanks!
I am currently in Brazil, had planned to fly from here to England where I'll have an interview at the U of Leicester Feb. 20th, then come back here and go to Argentina in March where I was going to teach English. There is no way I could afford all of this along with a flight to Toronto as well. Do you guys think they might be willing to interview me in Ireland when I head out for the Leicester interview (I was planning on hopping over to Ireland to check out the schools anyway)? Any advice? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dlformiga1 said:Hey, I just got mine. I should be happy, but it poses a bit of a dilemma...
I am currently in Brazil, had planned to fly from here to England where I'll have an interview at the U of Leicester Feb. 20th, then come back here and go to Argentina in March where I was going to teach English. There is no way I could afford all of this along with a flight to Toronto as well. Do you guys think they might be willing to interview me in Ireland when I head out for the Leicester interview (I was planning on hopping over to Ireland to check out the schools anyway)? Any advice? Thanks!
An email never hurt I think they'll probably be interviewing Irish graduates around that time so they might be able to fit you in
v-man said:And if I"m right, they don't interview potential UCD students right?
I applied to UCD as well, so it looks like they might.
Dr.Doom said:If you applied through the Atlantic Bridge Program UCD will not be interviewing you.
I've heard this theory before, and while I don't know anybody personally who can prove otherwise, I found a few posts frome people that were accepted at both schools.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=182408&highlight=UCD+RCSI
There were also a couple over at premed101.com.
Dr.Doom said:You can receive acceptances to all of the schools. RCSI is the only school that will actually interview North American applicants. UCC, UCD and Trinity send acceptances without conducting interviews.
LOL...ok so I totally misinterpretted that post. Ya, the Atlantic Bridge confirmation e-mail states that UCD/Trin/UCC simply tell you whether or not you get in while RCSI interviews. Sorry about the confusion.
Cheers,
Jocks
Jocks said:LOL...ok so I totally misinterpretted that post. Ya, the Atlantic Bridge confirmation e-mail states that UCD/Trin/UCC simply tell you whether or not you get in while RCSI interviews. Sorry about the confusion.
Cheers,
Jocks
Hey,
First of all, congratulations on the interview. I was wondering if you could tell us WHEN the interviews are being held.
Also, if you don't mind, could you post your stats. If you don't want to, then that's totally fine too.
Take care and best of luck to everyone out there.
Aks47
aks47 said:Hey,
First of all, congratulations on the interview. I was wondering if you could tell us WHEN the interviews are being held.
Also, if you don't mind, could you post your stats. If you don't want to, then that's totally fine too.
Take care and best of luck to everyone out there.
Aks47
Intereviews are held Feb. 7 & 8th in Toronto. Thanks to the anonymity of the internet, any embarrasment over my stats is dampened 😛
GPA = 3.3 (ish) that's OMSAS converted
MCAT = 33P
Look forward to seeing everybody interview day.
Cheers,
Jocks
those stats are not bad at all; GPAwise I'm with you, but MCAT: 32 O. When are you going to interview? I wasn't able to change my interview to Ireland, so I'm on the 7th in the afternoon, in the t-dot. By the way, the chances of getting a spot after the interview are very very good, so I've been told by a very reliable source.
Did you apply to UCC? I think everyone with a MCAT over about 32 got in. 33P will get you into UCC for sure.Jocks said:Intereviews are held Feb. 7 & 8th in Toronto. Thanks to the anonymity of the internet, any embarrasment over my stats is dampened 😛
GPA = 3.3 (ish) that's OMSAS converted
MCAT = 33P
Look forward to seeing everybody interview day.
Cheers,
Jocks
dlformiga1 said:those stats are not bad at all; GPAwise I'm with you, but MCAT: 32 O. When are you going to interview? I wasn't able to change my interview to Ireland, so I'm on the 7th in the afternoon, in the t-dot. By the way, the chances of getting a spot after the interview are very very good, so I've been told by a very reliable source.
Reliable source being Mr. P Nealon? I kind of got that impression too. I'm scheduled for tuesday afternoon as well. I'll probably just catch a train down to Toronto in the morning.
To Sage880, I ran the gauntlet and applied to all 4 schools. So hopefully UCC pans out as well.
Cheers,
Jocks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dlformiga1 said:those stats are not bad at all; GPAwise I'm with you, but MCAT: 32 O. When are you going to interview? I wasn't able to change my interview to Ireland, so I'm on the 7th in the afternoon, in the t-dot. By the way, the chances of getting a spot after the interview are very very good, so I've been told by a very reliable source.
Reliable source being Mr. P Nealon? I kind of got that impression too. I'm scheduled for tuesday afternoon as well. I'll probably just catch a train down to Toronto in the morning.
To Sage880, I ran the gauntlet and applied to all 4 schools. So hopefully UCC pans out as well.
Cheers,
Jocks
Hey Guys,
Just found out that RCSI is starting to offer a 4-year program for those with degrees. This is definately something I'm going to bring up during the interview. Here's the link:
http://www.rcsi.ie/admissions/How_to_Apply/Graduate_Appliations/index.asp?id=1237
Cheers,
Jocks
Just found out that RCSI is starting to offer a 4-year program for those with degrees. This is definately something I'm going to bring up during the interview. Here's the link:
http://www.rcsi.ie/admissions/How_to_Apply/Graduate_Appliations/index.asp?id=1237
Cheers,
Jocks
M
Mike MacKinnon
HeyJocks said:Hey Guys,
Just found out that RCSI is starting to offer a 4-year program for those with degrees. This is definately something I'm going to bring up during the interview. Here's the link:
http://www.rcsi.ie/admissions/How_to_Apply/Graduate_Appliations/index.asp?id=1237
Cheers,
Jocks
The link you posted is for the EU applicants. The non-EU says this:
4 Year Course
Applicants must have completed a bachelors degree prior to matriculation and must present competitive scores in the MCAT. Official College transcripts, MCAT score cards and three reference letters are required.
Sounds like they are basically treating it like a typical 4 year NA school admission.
Yeah, I read that too actually, but just assumed it was a mistake on the website or something, don't know why. That would definitely be something worth considering...