RCSI Question!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chang

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows whts the average GPA and MCAT score accepted at RCSI? Any Comments will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i think they mostly look at your MCAT. a 30 is required to be competitive

I entered the 6 year program and my GPA was a 4.2/4.3 (******ed school weighting so its not out of 4.0)

Members don't see this ad :)
chang said:
Does anyone knows whts the average GPA and MCAT score accepted at RCSI? Any Comments will be appreciated.

Forget about GPA and MCAT, as long as you have deep pockets, you're in! Remember, the only score that RCSI cares about is the CASH score.

Actually, the College is thinking of changing its logo to RC$I.

Jammer said:
Forget about GPA and MCAT, as long as you have deep pockets, you're in! Remember, the only score that RCSI cares about is the CASH score.

Actually, the College is thinking of changing its logo to RC$I.

Man, Jhammer, has your story changed recently! It wasn't so long ago that you posted the message below. Have you, by any chance, encountered a disciplinary action by the college's administration recently because, all of a sudden you've changed from being a content student to a disgruntled one? Did you declare that you had attended a Caribbean school when you applied to RCSI? Falsifying or intentionally omitting information from the required portions of an application are grounds for dismissal you know.....and you're in your final year. Wouldn't it be awful if you were to be dismissed at this stage?

Respectfully, etc.

"Rico,

I'm graduating this year from RCSI and have applied for a residency in the US starting in July. I spent one year at medical school in the Caribbean and decided to start over here. It's been a much better educational experience here in Ireland and the cultural experience is better in Europe. My opportunities are better for residency having attended an Irish medical school rather than a Caribbean one. The bottom line is that your opportunities really depend on you, but there is much more of a negative stigma to overcome coming from a Caribbean medical school. Besides, a lot of Caribbean schools send students here and to England for clinical rotations because of a lack of rotations in the US for their students.

As for which school in Ireland, as long as you're in Dulbin (RCSI, Trinity, UCD), you'll be okay. Not that Cork or Galway are worse, just that you'll probably be more comfortable in Dublin because you'll have more to do on your free time and you can fly from the airport in Dublin. Don't listen to these posts that say RCSI is better than Trinity or UCD or vice versa, not true. No matter what, the curriculum is the same and you're still an Irish graduate when you leave here with the same education from any of the Irish schools; your residency opportunities will depend on how hard you work while you're here and how you perform on your electives in the US. As for finances, keep in mind that RCSI is about 8,000 Euros more per year than Trinity and UCD. We're probably more multicultural, that's the big difference. Don't let anyone tell you that we're better than the other schools because it's not true and should not influence your decision; probably your finances should play a bigger role.

Just think hard before you commit to a Caribbean school, things are not all that they seem when they sell their schools to you. It's a lot harder to make opportunity from there. There are things you don't know right now about preparing yourself for applying to residency and that you won't know for another 2 or 3 more years, but there very important and relevant to your decision of which foreign medical school to attend."

Truth is by final year most people are fed up with the price hikes and the lack of information why RCSI is doing it. I'm happy with my education here, just not how the college handles matters with students.

NIQ said:
Truth is by final year most people are fed up with the price hikes and the lack of information why RCSI is doing it. I'm happy with my education here, just not how the college handles matters with students.

Unfortunately, fee hikes are a necessary evil universally. They are not limited to RCSI. The Utah State University system raised fees by 12% this year. Ohio State hiked theirs by up to 15%. The University System of Georgia only increased theirs by a meagre 10%! The University of California system's fees increased by an astonishing 79% between 2001 and 2005 and a number of Canadian universities are in the midst of a fees crisis. Now, bear in mind that all of these universities receive millions and millions of dollars in public/government funding. RCSI doesn't receive a penny. How do you propose that a medical school which derives much of it's operating income from student fees keep those fees static when its costs continue to increase? When you start practicing medicine do you propose to charge the same fees year after year? Of course not. That would be absurd, wouldn't it? Your patients will complain ad infinitum but without increasing your fees you will go out of business in no time. Budding physician you may be, but budding economist you are not. It will all make more sense when you graduate, go into practice and become responsible for your own bottom line, property, plant, equipment and the livelihoods of your employees.

RCSI publishes an annual report/financial statement which accounts for every Euro it spends. So, the only reason anyone can claim that they don't know where their fees are going is because they haven't made an effort to locate and read it. It's so much easier to whine incessantly on a bulletin board.

dontbsme said:
Man, Jhammer, has your story changed recently! It wasn't so long ago that you posted the message below. Have you, by any chance, encountered a disciplinary action by the college's administration recently because, all of a sudden you've changed from being a content student to a disgruntled one? Did you declare that you had attended a Caribbean school when you applied to RCSI? Falsifying or intentionally omitting the required portions of an application are grounds for dismissal you know.

Sorry, I didn't get the memo that stated that you were the new CFO at RCSI. Seems as though you have everything figured out, especially about where students' tuition fees go. The 'annual report/financial statement' is so easy to get a hold of that this past year an RCSI student challenged the College about its financial practices. In fact, the premise of his complaint (which is still ongoing) was that RCSI did not provide an 'annual report/financial statement' to students, nor did RCSI provide any tangible reasoning for its increasing tuition fees.

Before you go making accusations about anyone, you better get your facts straight. If you had read carefully what I wrote, you would have understood that it is a relative comparison, not absolute. Also, I did not show any bias for RCSI. In fact, I had made it very clear that the extra tuition fees at RCSI should factor into the decision making process of an applicant. The only difference now is that I have chosen to reveal, not just some of the truth, but all of it.

The fact that you have made accusations that I have come under disciplinary action from RCSI or that I falsified my application to RCSI is completely absurd. It proves but one thing and that is that YOU are an idiot. Furthermore, you posted in another SDN thread about an RCSI graduate, Diamond Tam. You had verified that he was a resident in ophthalmology at UCSF. Perhaps, you should contact him and ask his opinion of RCSI. You probably assume that based on his success at obtaining the residency of his choice that he would be very happy about his experience at RCSI; why don't you contact him and verify this for all of the interested SDN members?

The bottom line is that you should get your facts straight instead of posting speculation.

The 'annual report/financial statement' is so easy to get a hold of that this past year an RCSI student challenged the College about its financial practices. In fact, the premise of his complaint (which is still ongoing) was that RCSI did not provide an 'annual report/financial statement' to students, nor did RCSI provide any tangible reasoning for its increasing tuition fees.

Dear Jhammer,

The 2003 report is available online. No doubt the 2004 report will be in due course.

Respectfully, etc.

The fact that you have made accusations that I have come under disciplinary action from RCSI or that I falsified my application to RCSI is completely absurd.

Accusations, no. Questions, yes. Absurd, no.

It proves but one thing and that is that YOU are an idiot.

Charming - considering the source!

Furthermore, you posted in another SDN thread about an RCSI graduate, Diamond Tam. You had verified that he was a resident in ophthalmology at UCSF. Perhaps, you should contact him and ask his opinion of RCSI. You probably assume that based on his success at obtaining the residency of his choice that he would be very happy about his experience at RCSI; why don't you contact him and verify this for all of the interested SDN members?

I know Dr. Tam and, once again, his feedback is NOT as you suggest it might be.

Respectfully, etc.

dontbsme said:
I know Dr. Tam and, once again, his feedback is NOT as you suggest it might be.

Either you don't know him as well as you may think or, more probably, you are lying. Either way, you have, yet again, confirmed that YOU are an idiot.

With all disrespect, etc...

Jammer said:
Either you don't know him as well as you may think or, more probably, you are lying. Either way, you have, yet again, confirmed that YOU are an idiot.

always with something useful to say... this does not answer the question posed by chang in his original post nor does it help anybody on the board.

dontbsme said:
Unfortunately, fee hikes are a necessary evil universally. They are not limited to RCSI. The Utah State University system raised fees by 12% this year. Ohio State hiked theirs by up to 15%. The University System of Georgia only increased theirs by a meagre 10%! The University of California system's fees increased by an astonishing 79% between 2001 and 2005 and a number of Canadian universities are in the midst of a fees crisis. QUOTE]

That's all very misleading. Those schools raised their low fees by a large percent, but the dollar increase wasn't so much. RCSI has very high fees so a 5-10% increase is a much larger dollar increase.

Members don't see this ad :)
r3boot said:
always with something useful to say... this does not answer the question posed by chang in his original post nor does it help anybody on the board.

You first...why haven't you answered the original post? What was your GPA? How about your MCAT score? Or is it that you have not had the privilege of attending a reputable university prior to matriculating at RCSI. If so, that may explain why you lack any sort of critical appraisal for the education that you are receiving from RCSI.

dontbsme said:
Unfortunately, fee hikes are a necessary evil universally. They are not limited to RCSI. The Utah State University system raised fees by 12% this year. Ohio State hiked theirs by up to 15%. The University System of Georgia only increased theirs by a meagre 10%! The University of California system's fees increased by an astonishing 79% between 2001 and 2005 and a number of Canadian universities are in the midst of a fees crisis. Now, bear in mind that all of these universities receive millions and millions of dollars in public/government funding. RCSI doesn't receive a penny. How do you propose that a medical school which derives much of it's operating income from student fees keep those fees static when its costs continue to increase? When you start practicing medicine do you propose to charge the same fees year after year? Of course not. That would be absurd, wouldn't it? Your patients will complain ad infinitum but without increasing your fees you will go out of business in no time. Budding physician you may be, but budding economist you are not. It will all make more sense when you graduate, go into practice and become responsible for your own bottom line, property, plant, equipment and the livelihoods of your employees.

RCSI publishes an annual report/financial statement which accounts for every Euro it spends. So, the only reason anyone can claim that they don't know where their fees are going is because they haven't made an effort to locate and read it. It's so much easier to whine incessantly on a bulletin board.

Your argument fails to include two of the most important issues when discussing tuition fees and increases at RCSI.

Firstly, you draw comparison to tuition fee increases by American and Canadian medical schools, however, you fail to include any comparison of the overall product that is being delivered in exchange for these fees. Why have you failed to include this comparison...because there is no comparison. RCSI is what North American medical schools were like 25 years ago and that's being generous. You would think that RCSI is making efforts to decrease the disparity, to bring its standards up to par with well respected medical schools, but based on the most recent curriculum change in which patient contact has been delayed for one year, (ie., first contact with patients used to occur at the end of the second medical year, now first contact with patients will occur at the end of the third medical year reducing clinical rotations by 33%) RCSI is moving further away from modern day medical education standards .

Secondly, you have not mentioned the fact that the RCSI administration and faculty have an unscrupulous habit for spending money. It's really easy to spend other people's money, especially when you don't have to be accountable for your actions. Lavish dinner and drink receptions, first class travel and accommodations for administration/faculty AND their families, and this is just scratching the surface. The real expenditure occurs in business ventures that are not directly related to the medical school. You claim that RCSI does not receive 'a penny' from the Government - completely untrue. RCSI receives government funding for education of Irish students. Also, RCSI is (as the administration refer to it) an 'independent institution'. Translation: it is a private, for-profit school. This means that at the end of the day someone is making money (and a lot of it) using money that is partially derived from students' tuition fees as capital.

Seeing as how you have failed to include these integral issues in your argument, your argument is flawed and, therefore, it is weak and worthless.

Jammer said:
You first...why haven't you answered the original post? What was your GPA? How about your MCAT score? Or is it that you have not had the privilege of attending a reputable university prior to matriculating at RCSI. If so, that may explain why you lack any sort of critical appraisal for the education that you are receiving from RCSI.

You are right RCSI is the first college I've attended. Which is why I didn't volunteer any info regarding mcat scores etc.(I never took them)

While I'm sure you see this as a disadvantage, I see the fact that people do an undergrad degree and then go to medical school as a waste of time (I'm sure everyone disagrees with me on this but there you go!)

r3boot said:
You are right RCSI is the first college I've attended. Which is why I didn't volunteer any info regarding mcat scores etc.(I never took them)

While I'm sure you see this as a disadvantage, I see the fact that people do an undergrad degree and then go to medical school as a waste of time (I'm sure everyone disagrees with me on this but there you go!)

I just depends on whether you want to be well educated or not. Irish 'universities' are primarily just trade schools that look like universities but don't provide a broad based education. At these schools, it would be useless to get an undergraduate degree. Going to a school to learn about a range of subjects (aka going to school outside Ireland) on the otherhand could be considered worthwhile.

r3boot said:
I see the fact that people do an undergrad degree and then go to medical school as a waste of time.
Wow, I've heard a lot of stupid things on this board. I am saving this quote as my new leader.

For the original question: I think 30 might be a little low for average but I don't have any real stats. From talking to people average sounds to be around 32ish. My MCAT was 36. Engineering GPA was very, very, very low.

r3boot said:

whoa you are insane. doing an undergrad degree in medical school is a waste of time!!!!??? totally absurd. There is a reason why REAL medical school in the north america require you to do a degree: and undergrad allows you to mature and develop academic and social skills that are ESSENTIAL to becoming a good doctor. I find it laughable how some kids in my class barely have pubic hair and are trying to perform a mock consultation in broken english. some kids here have no life skills, no social skills and are certainly by no means mature. you can tell the difference here between someone who has done a degree and someone who hasn't. those of us who have done degrees perform better academically. In my opinion, having kids here without degrees definately brings down the educational experience. But hey, all the power to you... just don't be alarmed when your patient is laughing at you because you forgot to clean off that wet-dream stain from your pants.

Most of the medical school graduates AROUND THE WORLD don't do undergrad degrees. So what you are trying to tell me is that MOST of the worlds doctors are crap and that the main reason why they are crap is because they didn't do 4 years worth of lectures. You might be right but I wouldn't bet on it :p

The broken english is because most people have to learn english while they are here. They seem to have no life skills because of the language and cultural barrier. Give them another 2 years and see what happens.

Also, you don't know this yet but most of the medals won at first, second and final prof in RCSI are won by people with no undergrad degrees so they can't be that bad academically :)

anyway this is getting off topic.

r3boot said:
So what you are trying to tell me is that MOST of the worlds doctors are crap and that the main reason why they are crap is because they didn't do 4 years worth of lectures. You might be right but I wouldn't bet on it :p
Are you brain damaged??! No one said, "MOST of the worlds doctors are crap". Only that the statement, "I see the fact that people do an undergrad degree and then go to medical school as a waste of time" was stupid.

How can you jump from the point that "it's not a waste of time to broden your education" to "every doctor who doesn't have an primary degree is an idiot"?

That kind of fuzzy reasoning is a tatic used by fuzzy thinkers everywhere. Just attribute a point to someone and then attack them for saying it. Intelligent people use much more subtle versions of this in politics all the time. But this was just poor.

We're all med students and some day we might be working together maybe. I'm really trying to like you. If you have a argument to present on any topic I'd be happy to read it but this kind of stuff is just pathetic. Your arguement that any degree would be a "waste of time" is pretty much a loosing battle. Anything that brodens your mind and you as a person can't be bad, can it?

Choda said:
There is a reason why REAL medical school in the north america require you to do a degree: and undergrad allows you to mature and develop academic and social skills that are ESSENTIAL to becoming a good doctor.

You miss understood me. My arguement was against the point above. I do not think it is ESSENTIAL and I think that people who are intent on doing medicine should not have to do one . I did warn you that my point of view regarding having to do an undegrad degree to get into med school was probably going against what everyone here thinks.

I have no problems with broadening your horizons. (I'm currently trying to do that part time while doing medicine). But I am against the notion that it should be made into a requirement to get into medical school.

In hind sight I could have put it more mildly but I was just in a bad mood. :p

student.ie said:
dontbsme said:
Unfortunately, fee hikes are a necessary evil universally. They are not limited to RCSI. The Utah State University system raised fees by 12% this year. Ohio State hiked theirs by up to 15%. The University System of Georgia only increased theirs by a meagre 10%! The University of California system's fees increased by an astonishing 79% between 2001 and 2005 and a number of Canadian universities are in the midst of a fees crisis. QUOTE]

That's all very misleading. Those schools raised their low fees by a large percent, but the dollar increase wasn't so much. RCSI has very high fees so a 5-10% increase is a much larger dollar increase.

I wouldn't have thought that it was necessary to clarify what is blatantly obvious to the average SDN member. Are you suggesting that private schools in the USA and Canada have not undertaken significant fee hikes in recent years? If so, the statistics are readily available online to categorically disprove that.

Note: American students who are inclined to whine about the cost of their education in Ireland and spend hours reading postings on SDN should direct their time and efforts to complaining directly to the Bush administration for (a) ensuring that the weak US dollar has increased the cost of your medical education and (b) permitting you to be charged outrageous fees to "guarantee" your student loans.

Respectfully, etc.

Jammer said:
Your argument fails to include two of the most important issues when discussing tuition fees and increases at RCSI.

Firstly, you draw comparison to tuition fee increases by American and Canadian medical schools, however, you fail to include any comparison of the overall product that is being delivered in exchange for these fees. Why have you failed to include this comparison...because there is no comparison. RCSI is what North American medical schools were like 25 years ago and that's being generous. You would think that RCSI is making efforts to decrease the disparity, to bring its standards up to par with well respected medical schools, but based on the most recent curriculum change in which patient contact has been delayed for one year, (ie., first contact with patients used to occur at the end of the second medical year, now first contact with patients will occur at the end of the third medical year reducing clinical rotations by 33%) RCSI is moving further away from modern day medical education standards .

Secondly, you have not mentioned the fact that the RCSI administration and faculty have an unscrupulous habit for spending money. It's really easy to spend other people's money, especially when you don't have to be accountable for your actions. Lavish dinner and drink receptions, first class travel and accommodations for administration/faculty AND their families, and this is just scratching the surface. The real expenditure occurs in business ventures that are not directly related to the medical school. You claim that RCSI does not receive 'a penny' from the Government - completely untrue. RCSI receives government funding for education of Irish students. Also, RCSI is (as the administration refer to it) an 'independent institution'. Translation: it is a private, for-profit school. This means that at the end of the day someone is making money (and a lot of it) using money that is partially derived from students' tuition fees as capital.

Seeing as how you have failed to include these integral issues in your argument, your argument is flawed and, therefore, it is weak and worthless.

I'm afraid that a critique by a disgruntled (and ethnocentric) student cannot be considered an unbiased one. RCSI is not a for-profit organization. It is, in fact, a registered charity and its record of producing medical graduates which have gone on to practice all over the world for more than two hundred years speaks for itself. The college was there centuries before you arrived there and will be there long after you and I have gone. So, it would appear that from all perspectives (except those of a disgruntled student, of course) it is an exceptionally successful school, particulary in light of the facts that it (a) has been operating since 1784 and is still going very strong and (b) has a history of producing physicians who have practiced/are in practice all over the world which cannot be emulated by any medical school in North America.

Lavish receptions and ceremonies are necessarily part and parcel of college life. Would you wish for your graduation ceremony (that is, if you graduate, of course) to be held in a tent? Would you entertain Nelson Mandella, an overseas President or Prime Minister or a member of a reigning Royal family in a back room with tea and cookies? Such functions are not festive parties. They are business functions which result in significant agreements and contracts which benefit the school and its students and, moreover, far outweigh their costs. They are, needless to say, conducted on a regular basis by all noteworthy universities and medical schools.

How long do you think that valued staff would stay with an organization that expected them to purchase cheap airline tickets to travel from Dublin to Bahrain or Malaysia or Australia and spend weeks away from their families every year while conducting college business when other organizations and companies would be happy to offer them such facilities in order to recruit them? How would you like to fly twice or three times a year from Dublin to Sydney in economy class and spend ten days at a time in a Motel 6 (No offence to Motel 6. I'm not even sure they have them in Sydney.)? This is 2005. The days of abusing the "proletariat" are long gone. Staff who arrive at a business meeting in Sydney physically and mentally exhausted, in need of a good sleep in a comfortable bed and a good meal are of no use to anyone. The "no frills" approach would be something of a false economy now, wouldn't it?

If, perchance you do ever graduate and become a physician, will you be flying all alone in economy class to conventions around the world and staying in cheap motels while your friends, colleagues and business associates are flying business class with their families and staying in five star hotels? Will you care about where your patients' money goes so much that you will park your 1996 Hyundai amongst the rows of top-of-the-line BMWs in the physicians' parking lot? How would THAT look to an executive or an organization with whom you are hoping to sign an important contract? Do you disagree that exhibiting such an image of yourself would be a stupid, short-sighted way for you to run your medical establishment?

Respectfully, etc.

Jammer said:

Repeated vulgar verbalizations are symptomatic of?

Come on you medical students.....

Respectfully, etc.

Choda said:
whoa you are insane. doing an undergrad degree in medical school is a waste of time!!!!??? totally absurd. There is a reason why REAL medical school in the north america require you to do a degree: and undergrad allows you to mature and develop academic and social skills that are ESSENTIAL to becoming a good doctor. I find it laughable how some kids in my class barely have pubic hair and are trying to perform a mock consultation in broken english. some kids here have no life skills, no social skills and are certainly by no means mature. you can tell the difference here between someone who has done a degree and someone who hasn't. those of us who have done degrees perform better academically. In my opinion, having kids here without degrees definately brings down the educational experience. But hey, all the power to you... just don't be alarmed when your patient is laughing at you because you forgot to clean off that wet-dream stain from your pants.

Underestimating the talent of the younger foreign (non native English-speaking) students is the most common mistake that North American students make when they arrive in Ireland. But I can assure you that your sneer will be on the other side of your face after final examinations.

Who, may I ask, are you to insult their English language skills? I presume that your first language is English. However, your own skills in writing your native language are far from flawless and, generally speaking, the English language and writing skills of the vast majority of North American students are of the same calibre. American students, in particular, tend to bastardize the spoken language. Could you not find space here to applaud their undertaking a medical education in a foreign land, in a foreign language and graduating as (at least) bilingual physicians at an early age. How many languages will you be able to speak when graduation comes around? Your condescending attitude towards those who are not like you is not a desirable trait in a prospective physician. It is rather ugly in fact. One questions whether your comments should be interpreted as simply immature or, worse, covertly racist.

Finally, as far as life experience is concerned, would you disagree that those students will have more life experience and accomplishments under their belts when they graduate as bilingual or trilingual physicians at the age of 23 than you had at the same age?

Respectfully, etc.

Jammer said:

He didn't enjoy his experience at RCSI so much that he recommended it to his younger brother who, if I'm not mistaken, graduated last year! I know them both. Each of them spent time doing research at Massachusetts General Hospital's Dept. of Neurology under Dr. Ogilvy.

Your vulgarity knows no bounds does it?

Respectfully, etc.

dontbsme said:
Underestimating the talent of the younger foreign (non native English-speaking) students is the most common mistake that North American students make when they arrive in Ireland. But I can assure you that your sneer will be on the other side of your face after final examinations.

Who, may I ask, are you to insult their English language skills? I presume that your first language is English. However, your own skills in writing your native language are far from flawless and, generally speaking, the English language and writing skills of the vast majority of North American students are of the same calibre. American students, in particular, tend to bastardize the spoken language. Could you not find space here to applaud their undertaking a medical education in a foreign land, in a foreign language and graduating as (at least) bilingual physicians at an early age. How many languages will you be able to speak when graduation comes around? Your condescending attitude towards those who are not like you is not a desirable trait in a prospective physician. It is rather ugly in fact. One questions whether your comments should be interpreted as simply immature or, worse, covertly racist.

Finally, as far as life experience is concerned, would you disagree that those students will have more life experience and accomplishments under their belts when they graduate as bilingual or trilingual physicians at the age of 23 than you had at the same age?

Respectfully, etc.

awwww thanks your concern dbm, but I think i'll be just fine. No seriously I do give props to them kids. Just this one time (err..couple times) it was a frustrating during clinical skills because we spent a lot of time doing nothing because no one understood anything and it was just a bad scene. But for the record, english is not my first language...it's my second of four. Am I racist? you don't even know what race/races I am! I even tried to actively make friends with "people from other countries" but they tend to isolate and keep to themselves (or lock themselves in their rooms for that matter). I think i'll stick to my own crew ;) . For finals, I'll be kosher...i'm already near the top of my class and I don't intend to give up that spot. Oh my spoken skills are atrocious though, I can't deny that. Gimme a shout one day and maybe you can give me a tutorial on linguistics and discourse (i suck at that too), seriously... pm me, aight?

As far as life experience, I think i've done very well for myself thus far: I've been able to have sex with multiple girls from different countries since the age of 16. I've also been able to experiment with multitudes of drugs (and still experimenting!)...i've had many a mind-expanding experience! I've even had the chance to meet Dimebag Darrell (RIP), Tony Hawk and Goldie Hawn (serious! I got pics to prove!). Numerous sports accolades, world travel and public service to boot. I never even thought (and still think) I was/am med school material before and here I am! so it's all gravy from here on.

I dunno what you can say about the life experience of someone who sits in their room 24/7 studying from books or playing on their computers...??? hmmmm...i heard the internet is a crazy crazy place... I'll give'em props though for battling vitamin D deficiency. I'm sure you're gonna raze me for making overgeneralizations... but in the end...isn't one's life experience what they make of it themselves?

:scared:

Choda said:
Am I racist? you don't even know what race/races I am!
:scared:

Racism raises its ugly head in many forms, my friend. Individuals who are of singular or mixed race can exhibit it overtly or, as you have, covertly. I hope I am mistaken in this observation but you might consider why those students do not befriend you. Perhaps they sense your condescending demeanour towards them. Or, perhaps your blatant immaturity entices them to steer clear of YOU.

Your previous posting, far from making me grin with it's supposed tongue-in-cheek, sophomoric humor and appalling vocabulary and spelling, certainly paints you as a decidedly immature individual. Again, I hope I am mistaken. But, would your parents or peers be proud to see the gibberish and, moreover, the "charming" resume you posted above? Is not that kind of nonsense unbecoming to a person who has spent many thousands of dollars to educate himself and elevate his intellect? As a medical student could you not try to challenge yourself by engaging in more substantive social intercourse?

Respectfully, etc.

Readers, I anxiously await his response to the word "intercourse". Will he take the bait?

dontbsme said:
Racism raises its ugly head in many forms, my friend. Individuals who are of singular or mixed race can exhibit it overtly or, as you have, covertly. I hope I am mistaken in this observation but you might consider why those students do not befriend you. Perhaps they sense your condescending demeanour towards them. Or, perhaps your blatant immaturity entices them to steer clear of YOU.

Your previous posting, far from making me grin with it's supposed tongue-in-cheek, sophomoric humor and appalling vocabulary and spelling, certainly paints you as a decidedly immature individual. Again, I hope I am mistaken. But, would your parents or peers be proud to see the gibberingish and "charming" resume you posted above? Is not that kind of nonsense unbecoming to a person who has spent many thousands of dollars to educate himself and elevate his intellect? As a medical student could you not try to challenge yourself by engaging in more substantive social intercourse?

Readers, I anxiously await his response to the word "intercourse". Will he take the bait?

Respectfully, etc.

Lol ok i'll give this one to you because this is just getting nowhere now. Ummm...yes i'm immature yadayadayada whatever you say. There is no stopping people like you eh? Do you realize that some people just post stuff for the sake of posting stupid stuff because they know chumps just like you will spend (and waste) the effort to respond?
Oh yeah, and don't forget, after all, I'm here at RCSI. No matter what you say, they decided to take a strapping young lad like me! My intellect is just fine, I don't find the need to prove it to you nor the readers of this forum though. S'all good baby, you can't touch me...

Hey don't forget to pm me dude, maybe you can teach me a thing or two. Maybe i can get you to come out of your room...?

Take it easy bud and best of luck (the outside world is a scary place)

Bukake, etc.

Choda said:
Do you realize that some people just post stuff for the sake of posting stupid stuff because they know chumps just like you will spend (and waste) the effort to respond?

Bukake, etc.

Yes, I most certainly do, but this board was devised to promulgate constructive discourse and, therefore, your continuous posting of "stupid stuff" has backfired on you somewhat, has it not? The rest of your posting is as expected. Your vulgarity must be well-hidden behind the facade you present to the real world and THAT, my friend, is, as you would say, "scary"! Would your family, peers and patients respect you if they knew you are so vulgar?

As far as time-wasting is concerned. Your profile states that you have posted in excess of 100 messages to this board...and you are in medical school! Need I say more?

"Hey don't forget to pm me dude, maybe you can teach me a thing or two."

I'm afraid it's far too late to teach you any manners or self respect.

What would make you believe that I am, as you say, a "dude"? I presume that, in your parlance, you mean a male. However, "dude" actually means something entirely different. And yet again, your spelling, grammar and vocabulary are really atrocious.

"Maybe i can get you to come out of your room....?"

To which room are you referring? I am not in a room....or a building for that matter.

Respectfully, etc.

Readers who wish to discuss more pertinent topics, please start another thread. Thank you.

dontbsme said:
He didn't enjoy his experience at RCSI so much that he recommended it to his younger brother who, if I'm not mistaken, graduated last year! I know them both. Each of them spent time doing research at Massachusetts General Hospital's Dept. of Neurology under Dr. Ogilvy.

Your vulgarity knows no bounds does it?

Respectfully, etc.

You may claim to ´know of´Diamond and his brother, but I am certain that you do not know them personally or you would not post such lies regarding their experience at RCSI. If the quality of your comments regarding the Tam brothers is reflective of all of your posts on SDN, then you and your posts are completely inaccurate...false...outright lies... and should be ignored by SDN readers.

In reading your posts, I realize that you are essentially plagorizing RCSI propaganda (i.e., the RCSI prospectus, the RCSI students´ handbook, the RCSI president´s report, etc.). You lack originality, critical analysis, and it is easy to see that your point of view is not formulated by personal experience as an average student at RCSI, more likely, you have direct or indirect ties to the college (eg., faculty/administration, family of faculty/administration, etc.) and it suits your best interests to perpetuate your lies about RCSI.

Going back to the topic of the Tam brothers: If you are such a friend, you are more than welcome to join us for drinks after the RCSI conferring ceremony this Thursday. PM me. If I don´t hear from you, all of us on SDN will know the accuracy, or rather inaccuracy, of your posts. It is your honesty and integrity that is at question here and I do believe that I already know what the answer is.....

.....the ball is in your court.....

Jhammer said: I realize that you are essentially plagorizing RCSI propaganda

Please check your spelling. It gets worse every time you post. I did not learn English until I commenced medical school but my command of it, both spoken and written, was superior to yours by the time I reached the age of twenty.

(i.e., the RCSI prospectus, the RCSI students´ handbook, the RCSI president´s report, etc.).

The above documents proved your diatribe to be categorically false. It did not go unnoticed that your silence was deafening after I pointed out that the President's Report was available online.

you and your posts are completely inaccurate...false...outright lies... and should be ignored by SDN readers. You lack originality, critical analysis,

Now, although many of your postings have been fodder for laughter, this critique is especially amusing in light of its source whose postings are merely semi-literate. Much as you may think of yourself, my friend, you (of all the posters on SDN) are in no position to arbitrate what is or what is not good critical analysis. If you wish to bolster your claim that I show a lack of critical analysis, etc., then please do so by quoting specific examples. Otherwise it must be summarily ignored. Thank you.

For a cricitial analysis of YOUR latest post, please read on.

it is easy to see that your point of view is not formulated by personal experience as an average student at RCSI, more likely, you have direct or indirect ties to the college (eg., faculty/administration, family of faculty/administration, etc.) and it suits your best interests to perpetuate your lies about RCSI.

Well, I will award you ten marks out of ten for that brilliant observation, my friend. You are correct. My ties are, indeed, indirect or direct!

If I don´t hear from you, all of us on SDN will know the accuracy, or rather inaccuracy, of your posts.

Once again, please quote specific examples to bolster your claim. Otherwise it must be summarily ignored. Thank you.

It is your honesty and integrity that is at question here and I do believe that I already know what the answer is.....

This "sentence" makes absolutely no sense. Please try again so that we, the SDN members, can understand the message you are trying to convey. Thank you.

.....the ball is in your court....."

This is an interesting analogy but, alas, not a literate one. It is a very common (American) colloquialism and should never be used by a well-bred person in written correspondence. One hopes that it does not become part of your professional parlance.

PM me. If I don´t hear from you, all of us on SDN will know the accuracy, or rather inaccuracy, of your posts.

This is gibberish. There is no logic here. Please explain in detail how you believe such an action will result in such a reaction. Thank you.

Going back to the topic of the Tam brothers: If you are such a friend, you are more than welcome to join us for drinks after the RCSI conferring ceremony this Thursday.

We, the SDN members, are pleased to see that your usual vulgarity has been suspended and that, despite your numerous problems, you are (it would appear) to be awarded your degree. Congratulations to all this year's graduates.

Thank you for the invitation to your celebratory festivities! Although I would very much like to see the Drs. Tam again, I am traveling abroad and will be unable to attend. As a matter of interest, have the Tams seen the unhelpful, vulgar nonsense you have posted on this board? I can assure you that you would be nothing more than an embarasssment to them, to your classmates and to the thousands of RCSI alumni throughout the world if they knew what your contribution to their alma mater has been recently. Perhaps the Tams would like to read your postings before you enjoy drinks with them on Thursday.

Respectfully, etc.

Sincerest thanks to all the SDN members who have sent me private messages regarding my posts to this board. I regret that I cannot reply to all of you individually.