Re-app, low cGPA and sGPA strong DOWNWARD grade trend..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABirdInTheHand

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from Wisconsin. During the summer of 2016, I applied to ATSU-KCOM's Still Scholars program (cGPA: 3.92; sGPA: 4.00). I interviewed, got accepted into the program and did not take the MCAT, because it wasn't needed (go to KCOM's website for more information about this program if you want to know more!). A year after getting accepted into the program (Senior year), I interviewed a second time and got waitlisted. Needless to say, I did not get accepted off the waitlist.

I am open to D.O. and M.D. schools!

------
Current stats:
cGPA: 3.44 Semesters 1-5: cGPA - 3.89 Semesters 6-8: cGPA - 2.26
sGPA: 3.26 Semesters 1-5: sGPA - 3.96 Semesters 6-8: sGPA - 2.21

MCAT: 504 (three weeks of prep; Kaplan complete 7-book subject review; taken June 2nd, 2018)

CHM/PHYS - 129
CARS - 123
BIO/BIOCHEM - 128
PSY/SOC - 124

Extracurriculars:
Healthcare volunteering: 110 hours
Non-healthcare volunteering: ~110 hours
Leadership: University Cycling Club: President - 2 academic years
Shadowing: 37 hours
Tutor: 330 hours (3 years)
Other employment (general labor stuff..): 1000+ hours
------

Here's my situation.. at the beginning of my 5th semester, I developed some neurological issues and lost a great deal of motivation to do well in school. Since then, my grades plummeted. I just graduated and want to take some classes to increase my GPA and help me to become a better person and physician (cliche, I know.. but it's the truth!)

I am not sure what the best route is to increase my GPA. Do I simply attend my previous University, only taking classes that I really value, while not pursuing a specific major or minor? Or, should I work toward a major or minor? I would likely obtain a minor rather than a major, because I would like to apply to medical school during the next application cycle!

What's the most common route that people usually take when they want to increase their GPAs after they graduate?

If you want to include any other helpful information, that would be awesome! And if you need more information about me, let me know!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

You could take year of classes at your previous university (including science classes). You need a GPA of 3.7 in those classes. You would then be competitive for many DO schools and possibly some M.D. schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am from Wisconsin. During the summer of 2016, I applied to ATSU-KCOM's Still Scholars program (cGPA: 3.92; sGPA: 4.00). I interviewed, got accepted into the program and did not take the MCAT, because it wasn't needed (go to KCOM's website for more information about this program if you want to know more!). A year after getting accepted into the program (Senior year), I interviewed a second time and got waitlisted. Needless to say, I did not get accepted off the waitlist.

I am open to D.O. and M.D. schools!

------
Current stats:
cGPA: 3.44 Semesters 1-5: cGPA - 3.89 Semesters 6-8: cGPA - 2.26
sGPA: 3.26 Semesters 1-5: sGPA - 3.96 Semesters 6-8: sGPA - 2.21

MCAT: 504 (three weeks of prep; Kaplan complete 7-book subject review; taken June 2nd, 2018)

CHM/PHYS - 129
CARS - 123
BIO/BIOCHEM - 128
PSY/SOC - 124

Extracurriculars:
Healthcare volunteering: 110 hours
Non-healthcare volunteering: ~110 hours
Leadership: University Cycling Club: President - 2 academic years
Shadowing: 37 hours
Tutor: 330 hours (3 years)
Other employment (general labor stuff..): 1000+ hours
------

Here's my situation.. at the beginning of my 5th semester, I developed some neurological issues and lost a great deal of motivation to do well in school. Since then, my grades plummeted. I just graduated and want to take some classes to increase my GPA and help me to become a better person and physician (cliche, I know.. but it's the truth!)

I am not sure what the best route is to increase my GPA. Do I simply attend my previous University, only taking classes that I really value, while not pursuing a specific major or minor? Or, should I work toward a major or minor? I would likely obtain a minor rather than a major, because I would like to apply to medical school during the next application cycle!

What's the most common route that people usually take when they want to increase their GPAs after they graduate?

If you want to include any other helpful information, that would be awesome! And if you need more information about me, let me know!

Thanks!!
Look up my post on guide to reinvention

Reactions: 1 user
You could take year of classes at your previous university (including science classes). You need a GPA of 3.7 in those classes. You would then be competitive for many DO schools and possibly some M.D. schools.

What about state M.D. schools? Would I be competitive for state schools?